GOTY Collector's Edition Strategy Guide... hardcover?

#1RockmanSRDPosted 10/4/2009 10:30:19 AM
Is it going to be hardbound like the Collector's Edition guide for the original Fallout 3 release?

If it is, I'll probably just take it in and trade it in this week when I pick up Demon's Souls.
#2Steel_SoulPosted 10/4/2009 7:00:21 PM
This is one game I might actually but a strat guide for. This is saying something considering I own a rediculous amount of games and have always used online guides. Would this really be harcover though? Ive only seen paperback guides in stores.
---
PsN: Morbid_Hunger
#3Steel_SoulPosted 10/4/2009 7:02:13 PM
Also, what kind of stuff is in a guide? Im assuming quest walkthoughs but other then that im not sure. 30 bucks sounds like quite a bit.
---
PsN: Morbid_Hunger
#4totemguyPosted 10/4/2009 11:19:52 PM
I just pre ordered the game and the guide at Amazon today. here is what it says about the guide:

* Complete Survival! - Covers the entire original game and all FIVE expanded content packs. Every one fully mapped and totally explored.
* Flowchart Choices - Decision trees for all missions including all major karmic choices and their effects. Know what you're in for!
* Wasteland tour - Every major ammo and health cache, Bobblehead, Skill Book, Unique Weapon, Weapon Schematic, Mini Nuke and More!
* Index of the Wasteland - The guide is fully indexed to help you find what you need when you need it!
* Exclusive Hardcover! — Durable collector’s cover to survive the trials of the game!
* Numbered Editions — Every volume of our limited collector’s edition is numbered! Once they’re gone you won’t find it again!
* Large size Poster — A huge map poster to keep you oriented in the wasteland.

HOPE THIS HELPS ;)

---
The Omega Gamer
PSN= Totemguy, XBL= totemguy
#5RockmanSRD(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2009 10:01:12 PM
Well, the original Fallout 3 Collector's Edition guide is a hardcover one, I just want to make sure this one is, too before I get rid of the old one.

There are actually more and more guides that do have a special edition that comes as a hardcover, the Resident Evil 5 guide comes to mind.
---
He whose silver wings reflect, brimming with the purest light. He who strikes his foes down with almighty fire. He is Metatron, the glimmering angel of death.
#6Red_Baron30Posted 10/6/2009 9:07:14 AM
Just Pre-ordered it on Amazon... can't wait to receive it !
---
Nuka-Cola addict since 2044
#7tackle68Posted 10/6/2009 9:17:55 AM
Sorta confused, Gamestop list Oct 6 and the release date while Amazon list Oct 13 as the release date.
---
PSN: nvrfollow68
#8huyiPosted 10/7/2009 4:53:57 AM
you can't trade in the old guide anywhere in the UK most game shops don't take game guides, so i am stuck with the old one, only option is to use the fallout wiki for the DLC parts at least that is free.
---
From the UK Female Gamer
My game collection! 1608 games and growing! http://users.ign.com/collection/huyi82 My youtube--> http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#9Red_Baron30Posted 10/7/2009 5:41:50 AM
^^

Damn it ! If i was living closer from your home, i would have buy it from you... (I live in Canada ) You could try Ebay for your old book !
---
Nuka-Cola addict since 2044
#10CH3SHPosted 10/7/2009 12:02:45 PM
Was gunna buy the hardback for the original release,
But enjoyed finding things out and using my head =]
Give it a few hundred hours and ill prolly buy it cheap off the net lol
*Red Baron 30* --> Love your Sig =D
---
>>>YES, I AM FLIPPIN' ENGLISH<<<
PSN - CH3SHA