NPC Spawning Cheat and Quest reset cheat doesnt work

#1popoetrPosted 12/1/2009 1:43:27 AM
I've nearly completed the game(4/5 DLC's completed) and just gotta do the last mission on Broken Steel but i wanna do some of the earlier side quests again so i click on a old completed quest and type in the QuestReset cheat in my console and the cheat doesnt work.

Does anybody know why, i bet it's cause im doing something wrong but i dont know what, so anybody care to tell me how to do it properly please?

when i try to spawn NPC "somah" from mothership zeta so i can repair my gear to 100% it doesnt work ive tried a million variations of the NPC spawning cheat but it doesnt work. Anybody care to tell me the code to spawn her?
---
Believe what you wanna believe, but DONT push it onto me
#2XanderKagePosted 12/1/2009 10:19:49 AM

Don't know about the quest reset, but the spawning might have something to do with the add-on modifier in the first two 00 of the object id. It's like if you don't have anything installed, all object ids begin with 00. But if you have mods installed (that includes the add-ons), 00 changes to 01, 02, 03, etc. depending on which mod they relay to. So if the object has something to do with the fifth mod you installed (to check the order go to Data Files in Fallout launcher), the object id is 05xxxxxx, instead of 00xxxxxx...

To put it simpler (it's not really clear, I know..) try changing the second 0 in Somah's id to another number (1-5) and see what it does. Also, what doesthe console say when you try to input the code that doesn't work?

#3XanderKagePosted 12/3/2009 8:29:39 AM

About the Quest Reset - to reset a quest you don't "click" on a quest - you need to type resetquest (in the console), followed by a quest id (i.e "resetquest 0x6463e"). To find out the id of a certain quest, try looking on fallout.wikia.com.

#4popoetr(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2009 10:01:41 PM
i tried the ResetQuest with the base id typed in but it still doesnt work for some reason all im getting are script errors.
---
Believe what you wanna believe, but DONT push it onto me