Click and Buy is a scam, do NOT use them.

#1CheapGamerPosted 9/22/2010 9:53:53 PM
FFXIV tells me I need to use Click and Buy to pay, even though I have 30 days free from buying the collector's edition.

I register with Click and Buy and they say they need to charge me two random amounts and then come back and enter those two amounts to verify my credit card.

I check my account and they have charged me two amounts totaling $2.50.

I go back to the page to try and enter in this amount to verify my credit card. There is no such page.

It keeps asking to charge me two random amounts AGAIN.

I then seek to verify with my e-mail address. They say "enter in the code in the e-mail we sent you".

They didn't send an e-mail.

I try to call the number on their site. There's a message from a woman with a strange accent (strange for a supposedly globally popular company to use a non-coherent person for their primary answering message) and she says they are closed. It is 8pm in the middle of the work week and they are closed.

What do I do? Can I contact Square-Enix about this at all? Can't I just pay with, you know, my credit card, normally?
---
PSN: DC9200X
#2Prinny_PwnagePosted 9/22/2010 9:55:08 PM
SE closes at 6 PST not too weird
---
Prinny Dood!
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m43/kerred1/Derrek/prinny.jpg
#3X-MagickPosted 9/22/2010 9:55:26 PM

You dont need to verify the account to use it. No reason to allow them to charge you. I didnt have to do it any ways.

#4D347hN1nJ4Posted 9/22/2010 9:55:28 PM
So because YOU had a problem, they're a scam? It worked fine for me, and my 5000 crysta.
#5Solid MuzzaPosted 9/22/2010 9:55:36 PM
CLickandbuy worked fine for me.
---
"some have suggested that it might be a side-scroller were raiden shoots lightning out his ass."
- Beast118 on Metal Gear Solid Rising
#6RicePandaPosted 9/22/2010 9:58:48 PM
There is a five page long thread on Click and Buy on the ffxiv zam forums. While they are ridiculously shady and a complete pain in the butt to deal with, most customers have not had problems beyond being extremely paranoid and not reading the fineprint (even though it's in broken english). They charge you 2.50 as a test charge. This goes into your CnB account after 2-3 days.

If you want to verify, which is NOT required, they will charge you two amounts usually totaling up to less than $3. Once you see those charges you have to input whatever amount they charged (it's like$1.xx for both charges, they want the change amount).

As for contacting them, they close up at like 6pm on weekdays, not sure about weekends. They're really just a really, really, really sketchy version of Paypal.

ps: Verifying will give the account more freedom. If you already are skeptical of the company, don't verify.
#7shiffty88Posted 9/22/2010 10:00:24 PM
Big note to tc
Register your master card for secure code or the visa equivalent on the cc service site
That way it will verify it through the secure code password you choose and not random money amounts
---
PSN : shiffty88
MGO : jamieRAWR
#8CheapGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2010 10:13:26 PM
I tried to continue on with the registration on SE's page.

It says Click and Buy has BLOCKED MY ACCOUNT.

What the hell? This is ridiculous. I am so scared this is a scam. How could they seriously be "closed" on their main/primary phone line? There isn't even an automated service. Even little self-owned chains have automated service...
---
PSN: DC9200X
#9DarkenvailPosted 9/22/2010 10:13:44 PM
It worked fine for me, took $2.50 out, then put it right back in a couple hours later.

FYI. Most companies close at 5 pm.

Also, the company is UK based so your 8 pm is actually sometime after midnight depending on your timezone. Of course they're closed.
#10Solid MuzzaPosted 9/22/2010 10:15:54 PM
It's not a scam. Stop being stupid. Thousands of other players are using clickandbuy just fine.
---
"some have suggested that it might be a side-scroller were raiden shoots lightning out his ass."
- Beast118 on Metal Gear Solid Rising