Can you download the client?

#1MadmanArcherPosted 1/20/2011 10:05:48 AM
I just purchased a new laptop and it doesn't come with a DVD drive (to make room for a graphics card), so I can't install the DVD I have. I have it installed on my pc, and I would transfer the files over via USB but I can't find my USB stick anywhere.

Is it possible to download the client from anywhere?
---
Currently playing:
Battlefield BC2, Final Fantasy XIII, Fifa 10
#2Cutlass_JackPosted 1/20/2011 10:47:14 AM
I spent some time digging around for you and unfortunately it doesn't look like Square provides any client download yet. The only way it seems you can do it is by buying it digitally and downloading it from your point of purchase.

Hopefully that will change at some point. Its a little odd that you can't. Nearly every other game provides the service even to people who don't own the game yet (though you cant actually log in)

Best bet will probably be to find your USB drive. You'll need at least the launcher on your laptop.
#3MadmanArcher(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2011 12:08:29 PM
Such a shame. LotRO and WoW allowed it.

Ah well, I'll find/buy a new USB stick if that's the case. Thanks a lot for the help
---
Currently playing:
#4tsukia8Posted 1/20/2011 2:09:19 PM
You should download the game client by searching harder on google and buy a cd-key separately (took 30mins), that is what I did and it's not illegal. I did not want to wait for the shipping back then nor cared about having the cd physically. I wanted the game now.
---
A fish with no name is a fish forgotten.
#5MadmanArcher(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2011 2:21:54 PM
I have the psychical game purchased - I got the special edition when it came out, and installed it to my PC. My laptop however does not have a DVD drive, so I have a valid CD Key.

Could I download the game from say Rapidshare and use my CD Key?
---
Currently playing:
#6tsukia8Posted 1/20/2011 2:51:51 PM
Yes. The cd-key is not linked to your physical copy but to your account which is what enables online play.

You can already use your cd-key right away by creating an account on squeenix official website: https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login or just go to http://www.square-enix.com/na/ if you are afraid of the account link.
---
A fish with no name is a fish forgotten.
#7poweryogaPosted 1/20/2011 4:54:12 PM
You can. I did. A little bit of searching will turn it right up. Posting the link is illegal though.
#8levelxplanePosted 1/20/2011 5:28:51 PM
you could rip the game from your old PC with Nero?
---
FFXIV | Rabanastre | Rau Lecreuset
Gamertag | level x plane
More topics from this board...
PaladinSharkwalker17/3 8:59AM