Monthly Cost?

#1-ElitePosted 8/12/2009 2:58:08 PM

I wonder if this game (being a MMORPG) will cost anything per month?

don't flame please. I don't play MMORPG's, but this game certainly looks interesting.

WoW just wasn't my type. Guild Wars wasn't either. This game does, and Square Enix usually makes quality games.

#2ANTOR KnightPosted 8/12/2009 3:08:20 PM
You can probably expect the monthly cost to be somewhere around $12.95 to $15.95 I would imagine. If we're following the FFXI model, which I somewhat hope we are not, it'll be closer to $12.95.
---
PSN: Antor, Gamertag: tstyron
http://www.myspace.com/krimsynpix
#3oldskoolffgamerPosted 8/12/2009 7:34:57 PM
Odds are if you didn't like WoW you wont like this at all either.
#4EorzeaPosted 8/13/2009 10:37:10 AM
Don't listen to the above poster. There will be many things that set FFXIV apart from other MMOs. Keep checking na.finalfantasyxiv.com for info on gameplay and, when it's updated, monthly costs.
#5ANTOR KnightPosted 8/13/2009 10:44:51 AM
The odds of you hating WoW and liking FFXIV seem to be pretty low. Possible but unlikely.
---
PSN: Antor, Gamertag: tstyron
http://www.myspace.com/krimsynpix
#6-Elite(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2009 12:26:08 PM

WoW had a cartoony look to it. $15 is alot per month. Probably doesn't hurt much when you got a job, but for the un-enpoloyed. lol

#7RaymondPosted 8/13/2009 4:05:14 PM
Nowadays, $14.99 is standard price for MMORPG.
#8hockeydude15Posted 8/13/2009 6:14:57 PM

WoW had a cartoony look to it. $15 is alot per month. Probably doesn't hurt much when you got a job, but for the un-enpoloyed. lol

If you are unemployed and hurting for money you really shouldn't be playing any pay monthly game reguardless of how much it costs.
---
B8 resident lurker for 5 years
Currently Playing: CoD4, L4D, Starcraft.
#9arcanejaPosted 8/13/2009 6:22:01 PM
WoW has a set up where you solo for most of your leveling and then team up for harder content, and from what I can understand, so will FFXIV.

If you already don't like MMOs and WoW in particular (though many believe FFXIV will be more in the style of Monster Hunter, which is crazy popular in Japan), then I sincerely believe that a different graphical overlay will not change the basic satisfaction level of the game for you.
---
~arc
how broken am i, in each beat of a hummingbird's wings?
#10oldskoolffgamerPosted 8/14/2009 12:32:08 AM
If you are unemployed and hurting for money you really shouldn't be playing any pay monthly game reguardless of how much it costs.

Yep, maybe you should also be doing something like finding a job instead of living in a MMO.

Oh and I stand behind my if you don't like WoW you are going to be turned off by this too. MMO is MMO, and we all know that Square is going to mimic WoW in a way, in the same way they tried to mimic EQ in their own little way.
More topics from this board...
PaladinSharkwalker17/3 8:59AM