Minimum requirement to run?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online
  3. Minimum requirement to run?
5 years ago#1
Whatcha think the requirement to run this game would be? I know we can't travel to the future and find out, but just off the top of your head, what do you folks thinks?
I mean, do you speculate this game would set the bar? Or should I be comparing the requirements to recent games like Aion?

I'm asking because I'm not really a pc gamer but I've played FFXI fine on my old pc because it was just a lot easier to do than on that PS2, haha.
So i'm preparing to build a gaming rig just for FFXIV.
If you can help, that would be great. If my question is just too stupidly impossible to answer, then I deserve a slap too.
---
Gamertag: That Lao Guy
5 years ago#2
16 Gigs of Ram
NVidia GTX 260 Graphics card (Not sure what the ATI equivalent of that is) or higher
Intel i7 Processor with about 3.55 Ghz
2 TB of HDD space.

That should cover it.
---
PSN/XBL: Seon3791
5 years ago#3
i'm sure a 9800gt will max it out like it does everything else STILL
---
FFXI-Egobrane-Taru WAR75 CoP/RoZ/ToAU/ACP/WotG/ACP/aMKD-Asura
WoW-72 Warrior/73 Warlock/80 Death knight/80 Paladin/80 Rogue-Cho'gall
5 years ago#4
Nobody is 100& sure atm.

I've already built mine, had no choice, my old comp broke, but I used parts from it and bought some better parts.

I would go with:

4GB Ram, 3GB is hard to sort out....
2.4Ghz+ Quad Core
Nvidia 200 Series. Nothing below 250, theyer abit meh...
Decent Nvidia motherboard which can handle the graphics card.
600 - 700W PSU

My setup is:
OCZ 2x2GB Ram
Nvidia 250 GTS 2GB
Asus Formula Striker II Motherboard SLI 780i
OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU
Intel Quad 2 Core Q6600, 2.4Ghz
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
5 years ago#5
I'm sure two legs with some decent feet and some shoes is the minimum you'd want to run...

---
Call me Kyolux...
5 years ago#6
At the very least, we can be sure it'll be no higher than the max specs of a PS3 right?
---
What makes Aizen so dangerous is that he apparently knows he's in a shonen manga. - VinCon01
5 years ago#7
I'd assume that FFXIV isn't going to be using 100% of the PS3's resources, and both versions are likely optimized differently. Factor in an operating system and make your own conclusions.
---
PSN: Antor, Gamertag: tstyron
http://www.myspace.com/krimsynpix
5 years ago#8
I personally think the minimium specs are going to be so far lower then some of you people.

I think an 8800 GT or GTS with a dual core will run it, probably 2gb of ram with xp, 4gb with vista/win7.

Hell i'm actually confident that even if i didn't upgrade my g/f's computer with her 7900 GT and dual core that I could pull off low settings. Though I will probably throw a 9800 in it.
---
GT-Renarka
5 years ago#9
I will start on PS3 and wait a while, a year at least before buying a rig especially for FFXIV.

That should be enough time for it to be obvious what runs it well and what does not.

---
I lost my signature.
5 years ago#10
^ That is a good idea. For some reason I never even thought about getting it for the PS3. I was going to upgrade my PC for it, but I think I'll go with that plan.
---
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online
  3. Minimum requirement to run?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived