How do you change classes?

#1Hubsch2016Posted 7/24/2010 4:34:15 PM
I remember them saying you could change classes on the fly... so, let's say I was a Lancer in the game, and I wanted to go do some botany or mining - or even try magery or another melee class... what would I do? Just buy another weapon? Or is there a quest to join different guilds for the crafting type of stuff, etc.

Just curious how it works, since they made a big deal of it and all.

---
Please keep in mind that I only engage those that have demonstrated the ability to conduct themselves respectfully.
http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=307541
#2FrogtkPosted 7/24/2010 4:35:22 PM
You put on a different weapon when not in a battle ready state, pretty sure that's it.
---
PSN/Xbox Gamertag: Vortextk
#3ahjuang123Posted 7/24/2010 4:35:33 PM
Equip the equipment and poof, you changed!
#4askpeeviesPosted 7/24/2010 4:35:45 PM
You just change your weapon. You can buy weapons or craft them.
---
FFXI-Taru WAR75 CoP/RoZ/ToAU/WotG/ACP/aMKD-Asura
NVIDIA GEFORCE 9800GT IS THE MOST POWERFUL GRAPHICS PROCESSOR KNOWN TO MAN
#5Hubsch2016(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2010 4:47:57 PM
Wow, that's pretty simple. I'll have to check that out then.

---
Please keep in mind that I only engage those that have demonstrated the ability to conduct themselves respectfully.
http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=307541
#6PointmanPosted 7/24/2010 4:52:51 PM
Go see your guidance counselor.
#7ChiBearsFan1Posted 7/24/2010 5:12:35 PM
I have been wondering since this system was announced, sure its as easy as changing your weapon to change classes but what happens to your armor? Going from a gladiator with heavy armor to a mage class. How does that work? Beta testers?
---
Da Bears: most wins all time:709. most hall of famers:26.
8 world championships & 1 superbowl. 91-82-6 vs Packers.
#8askpeeviesPosted 7/24/2010 5:19:31 PM

I have been wondering since this system was announced, sure its as easy as changing your weapon to change classes but what happens to your armor? Going from a gladiator with heavy armor to a mage class. How does that work? Beta testers?

Can't say because right now you can wear all armor and weapons regardless of level restraints on any class at any level.
---
FFXI-Taru WAR75 CoP/RoZ/ToAU/WotG/ACP/aMKD-Asura
NVIDIA GEFORCE 9800GT IS THE MOST POWERFUL GRAPHICS PROCESSOR KNOWN TO MAN
#9ChiBearsFan1Posted 7/24/2010 9:40:26 PM
Unless SE has said otherwise. I think since physical level is separate from class level you will be able to equip armor on any class as long as your physical stats allow it.

I think what SE had intended, and what people cant seem to comprehend, is your physical level is who you are regardless of class. Say you have put all your points into strength to be a great marauder. You have the option to change to thaumaturge, but that doesnt mean all of a sudden you should wither away to nothing losing all your strength and gain a ton of intellect. That doesnt make any sense.

i think they were originally trying for a realistic approach to character leveling. In real real life im a big strong guy. A steelworker. If I suddenly became a doctor I wouldnt instantly lose all my previous life experiences that have made me who I am. And I wouldnt automatically be a great doctor. I think that was their original plan.

But now they have said you will be able to re assign stats. Which defeats the purpose of having a physical class in the first place. They might as well get rid of it and just let people level every class individually the way they want. So this way they can please the people who are crying they cant change from a good marauder to a good thaumaturge. Which doesnt make any sense to me. I think we should have to live with the decisions we make in physical level. But I like the idea of having a realistic approach to characters. But I know alot of people disagree and think they should be able to be everything all the time.

Just my 2 cents. I have been wanting to rant about this and never got around to it, so this seemed like a good enough topic to do it.
---
Da Bears: most wins all time:709. most hall of famers:26.
8 world championships & 1 superbowl. 91-82-6 vs Packers.
#10YuffieGVxxPosted 7/24/2010 9:45:17 PM
I'm a dumbass who isn't in the beta, but.

I've heard the plan is to make respeccing your stat allocation extremely easy to do.

---
what the ****
don't ever post on these boards drunk again
- yom