Macros To Help

#1Lucius2Posted 9/6/2010 11:11:21 AM
So I've got a couple of my macros to throw down as an example of how to set them up for changing weapon/class while setting skills, creating a string of attacks and to create a string of spells with AOE active too~

Changing Class/Setting Skills

This is an example using my Archer
/equip main "Weathered Shortbow"
/equip pack "Warped Arrow"
/eaction 2 "Refill"
/eaction 3 "Close Shot"
/eaction 4 "Puncture"
/eaction 10 "Raging Strike"

This equips my bow to change me into an Archer, equips the arrows and then places Refill on key 2, Close Shot on key 3, Puncture on key 4 and Raging Strike on key 0. The number after the /eaction is where the skill will go. 1 is always the default skill for the class.

Now here's the Archer attack string.

/action "Light Shot" <t>
/wait 3
/action "Light Shot" <t>
/wait 3
/action "Light Shot" <t>
/wait 3
/action "Light Shot" <t>
/wait 3
/action "Puncture" <t>
/echo <tp>

This will have my Archer use Light Shot 4 times in a row and finish up with a Puncture Weaponskill. At the end it tells me how much TP I have then, viewed by me only. The number used after /wait is the amount of time in seconds before performing the next action. 3 seconds is enough time between the shots to keep them going one after the other even if I hit a bit of lag.
All skill wait times will vary depending on the skill timers and your own lag that you may experience ^^

Last but not least... Casting! It's basically the same as the attack string, only you'll need to factor casting and recasting times into you /wait numbers... but here's where it's different.. you can set it up for AOEs! :D

/aoe on
/action "Thunder" <t>
/wait 5
/aoe off
/action "Blizzard" <t>

What this string right here would do is cast Thunder as an AOE spell and then cast Blizzard as a Single Target spell.

Pure AOE

/aoe on
/action "Thunder" <t>
/wait 5
/action "Blizzard" <t>
/wait 5
/action "Thunder" <t>
/wait 5
/action "Blizzard" <t>
/echo <mp> <mpp>

This is my AOE setup so far to chain Thunder and Blizzard AOEs and then at the end it will tell me how much MP and % of my MP are left.

Single Target

/aoe off
/action "Thunder" <t>
/wait 5
/action "Blizzard" <t>
/wait 5
/action "Thunder" <t>
/wait 5
/action "Blizzard" <t>
/echo <mp> <mpp>

Basically the same idea as the AOE string.

Well I hope this is of use to some people, so far its been a lot of fun figuring out how to work macros ^^

---
Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, Everquest, Final Fantasy XIV, Grand Fantasia, Hexyz Force, Xenosaga 2.
#2SUPERMARTHPosted 9/6/2010 11:29:48 AM
Nice post for people who don't know macros from FFXI or haven't tried them here yet.

Here's my question, have you tested the wait times? Have you tried 4 seconds on the casting ones? Have you tried 2 seconds on the physical attack one? Is there more or less delay between attacks?
---
Michael Pavone, REMAX agent
#3OsgorothPosted 9/6/2010 11:58:56 AM
How do you /equip something to the off hand (secondary tool)?

I tried
/equip off
/equip offhand
/equip off hand
/equip off-hand

none worked.

What's the command for off hand equip?
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of a lesser deity]
#4OsgorothPosted 9/6/2010 12:00:01 PM
nvm, found it.
It's /equip sub
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of a lesser deity]
#5Lucius2(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2010 12:53:49 PM
@SUPERMARTH Yeah I've tested wait times, but my times wouldn't be the same for everyone since you have to factor in how much you personally lag.
For instance with no lag /wait 2 between the skills as an Archer keeps them going with no pauses. I use the /wait 3 for when I hit lag to get the same effect. /wait 5 on the spells works well with their casting times too.

http://www.eorzeapedia.com/wiki/en/Disciplines You can look here to get cast/recast times on skills and spells which helps a lot ^^
---
Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, Everquest, Final Fantasy XIV, Grand Fantasia, Hexyz Force, Xenosaga 2.
#6Master MateriaPosted 9/6/2010 12:55:51 PM
Cool, but wouldn't it be kind of boring to make attacking so automated with those strings?
---
#7The UnLucky CatPosted 9/6/2010 1:07:07 PM
Is there a way to toggle AOE on/off with one key? It just seems so clunky having to click the icon, considering everything else is designed for a controller. Dedicating two macros for just /aoe on and /aoe off seems rather silly, too.
---
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when
All the stars in the sky are waiting for you
#8askpeeviesPosted 9/6/2010 1:08:54 PM

Is there a way to toggle AOE on/off with one key? It just seems so clunky having to click the icon, considering everything else is designed for a controller. Dedicating two macros for just /aoe on and /aoe off seems rather silly, too.

battle regime button when the button pops up
---
FFXI -Egobrane- Taru WAR75 CoP/RoZ/ToAU/WotG/ACP/aMKD-Asura
FFXIV -Egobrane Ignaxio- "lalafell" Pugilist - Lindblum
#9Lucius2(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2010 1:31:44 PM
@Master Materia You're still hitting the keys often, just not having to spam them as much, it isn't automating it all for you and you're limited to 10 lines per macro. This is just something to help ease combat and put just a little less pressure on your poor fingers :x

@The UnLucky Cat Why would you make 2 separate macros with only /aoe on and /aoe off in them? You should be using them in conjunction with the spells themselves.
---
#10The UnLucky CatPosted 9/6/2010 1:40:08 PM
Well, Battle Regimen is completely different and also doesn't work, so thanks for that.

Anyway, I've never liked macros in battle because /waits are required. You cannot keep them too low, or the macro totally breaks. But if you set them too high, you're better off not using a macro at all but pressing keys instead. And it varies with lag, so there's no way to set it perfectly.

I just want an easy toggle so I can AoE spells that I want, and single target when I want, depending on the situation at hand. I'd rather not have 20 macros set up to do slightly different things when I could just press a single key before I choose my next action manually.
---
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when
All the stars in the sky are waiting for you