Attribute Point - reset / various class

#1SuperRobotWarPosted 9/25/2010 10:42:24 AM
Hey guys:

I was wondering, I liked to play Taru back in FFXI, so I decided to play a Lalafell this time.

I understand that they are great with Magic, but not so much with physical.

Now having the new attribute point system, we can play around with the stat freely.
But say if I am kinda tired playing my mage and wanted to play a Gladiator and need to have the stat reset for the attribute.

Do I lose anything in the process? Meaning say if I have 6 point awarded in level up, do I get back only 5?

Cause it seems quite limiting if I can only play mage and only to find that resetting stat point = losing stuff...

Thanks

---
Life could be cruel, but guess what, you have to face it no matter what happens.
#2SuperRobotWar(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2010 12:02:27 PM
a little bump..

---
Life could be cruel, but guess what, you have to face it no matter what happens.
#3KougeruPosted 9/25/2010 12:19:58 PM
you lost a lot of time. you can only reset i think 15 stats every 45 minutes or something around there...and it automaticlaly takes the stat points off. a few out of each things. so you can't just quickly take 15 points out of intelligence in one go.

they do this so that if you're a max level mage, instead of letting you respect to a warrior from a mage it will take literally days to respect down enough to be decent warrior. this way, people would rather just pay for another character slot and re-level than do that.

in the end, you'll only ever need two slots max though. STR-Vit-DEX based character, and intel-piety-wis based character.

you COULD do a hybrid character but like all jack of trades you'd be pretty bad at both even though you'd be kind-of able to do both

this is why most people say if you're a warrior class level pug for the self-cure rather than conj for their cure.
---
XBL/PSN-Kougeru
#4aukiPosted 9/25/2010 12:25:18 PM

I'm curious about the exact same thing but I don;t want to be the one to experiment with that LOL

#5KougeruPosted 9/25/2010 1:14:18 PM
http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?game=268&mid=1282876133274387766&howmany=50
---
XBL/PSN-Kougeru
#6SuperRobotWar(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2010 2:23:03 PM
blah Why did they do this!?

If they make it so that you can do a reset every 30 min -> 1 hour, then it make a bit of sense cause if you think about FF11, you can go back to mog house and switch class without worrying about stat lost cause each class is self stat distributed.

This is stupid.... that mean if I wanted to convert my lalafell mage -> warrior type, it is literally impossible unless I have patient to wait for the reset...
---
#7Lord ZhouYuPosted 9/25/2010 2:46:16 PM
They did it because, although the focus is on flexibility, the idea of jumping completely between anything at any time is just stupid. This way you have the freedom to fit any role even after you've chosen another one, but you still have to rub more than two braincells together before mindlessly crunching your numbers together.
---
Sylph: JamesrugliaxAidrianna, Melmond: James Ruglia
Platinum Trophy: Accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior.