Alchemy help!!!

#1kindredmachinePosted 9/25/2010 5:13:36 PM

I bought the alchemy tool sin the forest city (forgot the name) but I cant seem to find the alchemy guild or anywhere to get started? Where do I go and what do I do to start figuring out how to begin lvling this craft?

Also... as far as things you can craft, whats the difference between Alchemy and Botany? I'm mainly interested in healing potions...

#2Ghibli87Posted 9/25/2010 9:24:18 PM
head to the adventurers guild and talk to the person on the right at the guildleve counter. Pick up the level 1 guildleve(s) for alchemist. That will be a decent intro on crafting.

Also... if you buy muddy water from someone at the market wards (forget who..... i think on the northern market ward first person on the right as heading north)... you can use 1 muddy water and 1 fire shard to craft Distilled Water. It is a great and cheap starting recipe.

Go here for recipes:

ffxiv.yg.com
---
PSN - Ghibli326
-Feel free to add me
#3Ghibli87Posted 9/25/2010 9:27:10 PM
Botany is a gathering job. You gather grasses and wood, etc, used for the crafting jobs. Weaving and carpentry the most I believe, but not too sure about that. Also, check out this site for a guide on crafting:

http://www.ffxivcore.com/tutorials/article/15-lord-bladewinds-doh-crafting-guide/

It is very helpful.
---
PSN - Ghibli326
-Feel free to add me
More topics from this board...
PaladinSharkwalker17/3 8:59AM