The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

So after not playing for a month...

#1DeathWyvernPosted 11/14/2010 1:12:28 PM
I decided to try this atrocity out again before the free trial ends.

11014 version check failed.2:20447,404

I just updated it...wtf?
---
Gamertag - Mythologick
Playing - Halo: Reach, Starcraft 2, Tales of Vesperia
#2tzuydPosted 11/14/2010 10:35:29 PM
Cool story. I guess that decides what you'll be doing before the free trial expires.

---
"I'll let the kid who shows lowly noobs what a good game looks like be the judge of what a life is."
Fixed that for you. And yes I agree. - zazz8
#3CrosbyOverOviePosted 11/15/2010 12:27:02 AM
Do yourself a favor, don't bother just call it off now. Waste of time and you will log off thinking what made you try it again anyway.

You're welcome.
#4RufasNoctisPosted 11/15/2010 12:49:38 AM
don't listen to these FLAMERS. Give it a try again and make the decision yourself if you want to quit of not.

I know you can think for yourself.
#5eijiyukiPosted 11/15/2010 1:47:17 AM
Wow... it's like I've been sober for a month!

Hi My name is Eiji. and I have a problem.

It's been 3 weeks since I last logged onto FFXIV.

I don't know what's wrong with me. I simply have so much more fun in other new games now... it's confusing.
#6tzuydPosted 11/15/2010 1:49:37 AM
"Give it a try again and make the decision yourself if you want to quit of not."
He did. It failed again. How many chances does the game deserve exactly?

---
"I'll let the kid who shows lowly noobs what a good game looks like be the judge of what a life is."
Fixed that for you. And yes I agree. - zazz8
#7RufasNoctisPosted 11/15/2010 1:50:55 AM
He did. It failed again. How many chances does the game deserve exactly?

Just two times LOL
#8Weiki WeikiPosted 11/15/2010 2:44:35 AM
Come back in 3'ish months after two more updates. It'll be a candy-coated turd.
---
[i5 760 @ 3.8ghz][MSI 460GTX hawk][4gb DDR3 12800][EVGA p55 FTW]
Currently Playing: WoW ,Minecraft,Fallout: New Vegas
#9Megaman OmegaPosted 11/15/2010 5:19:30 AM

Come back in 3'ish months after two more updates. It'll be a candy-coated turd.

As opposed to a turd disguised as a Final Fantasy game?

I decided to try this atrocity out again before the free trial ends.

11014 version check failed.2:20447,404

I just updated it...wtf?

Happened to me all the time, too. It's like the game got self-aware and didn't want to be played. I usually waited for the next patch and then it worked.
---
3D screens.. how do they work? are they similar to magnets? PS: Please no replies from scientists.. you're always lyin, and gettin me pissed.
~ Mario64DStyle
#10DeathWyvern(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2010 5:22:01 PM
Actually what happened here is I realized I was launching the beta version instead of retail, lol.

I logged on played for 5 minutes and logged off. No motivation to mess with this game right now, maybe when it comes out on PS3. But I honestly don't see how they can just fix bad design. I like the idea of all these guild leves, the crafting system, but honestly. Where are the quests that have story? Where is ...anything meaningful in this game? There aren't even any towns to my knowledge except for the main ones. You just find camps everywhere with a crystal that you can do quests at. Whoever in their right mind thought this was a good idea needs hit with a frying pan. Not to mention IIRC didn't FFXI INVENT the auction house? One of the best things to ever get put into an MMO, and they replaced it with this marketward crap. Instead of just giving us an auction house, they are trying to improve the market wards. I don't want to look at EVERY seller to find the one thing I need.

The game is just designed badly, all around pretty much. At least nobou gave it a kickass soundtrack, and the graphics team as always hit it out of the ballpark. But somewhere along the lines square just forgot how to make games. Pretty graphics, stories of the past few games I've played by them have been mediocre at best. I mean, do they even play the games they make themselves anymore? You should be able to determine if something is fun or not before you sell it to people.
---
Gamertag - Mythologick
Playing - Halo: Reach, Starcraft 2, Tales of Vesperia
More topics from this board...
Need Tips For TankingRitaRosette37/21 8:30AM