Auction house or Mailboxes?

#1galejohnPosted 10/20/2011 1:23:34 PM
Have they added these yet? By far my 2 biggest pet peeves about this game, don't wanna bother reinstalling without them. I tried a search here but the last post with Auction house was in 02/11/2011

Thanks,
#2Legendary CelebiPosted 10/20/2011 1:28:31 PM
They don't have an auction house yet, but they are moving in that direction. They do at least have a searchable list of items (just like the AH in FFXI) that you can select an item from and it will show you which retainers are selling it. Then when you go into the ward, all of those retainers will be labelled so that you can find the item.

The next patch will apparently allow you to buy items directly from the item search menu, as well as including a price history, so at that point it will basically be an Auction House.
#3A_CavemanPosted 10/20/2011 1:32:08 PM
Both have been promised to be in the works, coming soon to a magical 2013 near you.

No significant changes have been made that truly benefit a new player since launch, save for a grand total of ONE level 15 dungeon and very minor twinks to a UI that needs to be trashed.

I know I come off as biased, but that's only because I came back as a new player after 1.19.
The biggest change they made was giving the game a more party grind oriented leveling system, in an MMO with a very low population.

Wait until 2.0, and by 2.0, I mean forget about FF14 while you're playing GW2 for 0$ a month.
#4galejohn(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2011 1:33:46 PM
Legendary Celebi posted...
They don't have an auction house yet, but they are moving in that direction. They do at least have a searchable list of items (just like the AH in FFXI) that you can select an item from and it will show you which retainers are selling it. Then when you go into the ward, all of those retainers will be labelled so that you can find the item.

The next patch will apparently allow you to buy items directly from the item search menu, as well as including a price history, so at that point it will basically be an Auction House.

Thanks the search sounds like a huge improvement, i remember search for a hour for a single item one time, during the first month of release.

What about a mailing system, anything there?
#5Jiga35Posted 10/20/2011 1:44:21 PM(edited)
A_Caveman posted...
Both have been promised to be in the works, coming soon to a magical 2013 near you.

No significant changes have been made that truly benefit a new player since launch, save for a grand total of ONE level 15 dungeon and very minor twinks to a UI that needs to be trashed.

I know I come off as biased, but that's only because I came back as a new player after 1.19.
The biggest change they made was giving the game a more party grind oriented leveling system, in an MMO with a very low population.

Wait until 2.0, and by 2.0, I mean forget about FF14 while you're playing GW2 for 0$ a month.

Stare.

Enjoy whatever else it is you decide to do.

Peace.
---
"Heavy boots of lead fills his victims full of dread. Running as fast as they can, Iron Man lives again." -Black Sabbath
#6smokedogg3111Posted 10/20/2011 1:57:47 PM
The mail system will not be implemented until the new servers are up and running which will be near the end of 2012. Just gonna have to deal with it for now. Not a huge deal just an inconvenience for now.
#7DocOdinePosted 10/20/2011 4:23:59 PM
The only thing I wish i had mail for was transfers... which if you are fast enough though with 2 characters you can list an item cheap and swap characters to buy it quickly. i payed about 100k in taxes to transfer a mil to a new character by selling a 1,000,000 gil wind shard.
---
If I were the rain, that binds together the earth and the sky, whom in all eternity will never mingle, would I be able to bind two hearts together?-Orihime
#8kamikaze135Posted 10/20/2011 4:25:26 PM
galejohn posted...
Legendary Celebi posted...

Thanks the search sounds like a huge improvement, i remember search for a hour for a single item one time, during the first month of release.

What about a mailing system, anything there?

The search button has been there for a few months already. The AH should be coming in early-mid 2012.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#9Elrick75Posted 10/23/2011 6:56:35 AM
Honestly this is one of the bigger reasons I stopped playing too.
---
To help change Capcom's mind on Megaman Legends 3, join the capcom-unity devroom forum and become a servbot.
#10lufia22Posted 10/23/2011 10:15:52 AM(edited)
Please note that by "search" they mean an list of items that cannot be sorted and does not have the ability to actually "search" for any specific item. In other words, if you wish to find a single item, you must find the correct type of item (be it cloth attire, raw wood, etc) then look through a somewhat sorted list of every single item of that type. If you wish to sort by, say, level or class requirement however, that's not possible. It groups them by similar items (i.e. logs are placed next to logs, yarn is placed next to yarn), but this gets more annoying when you get into equipment and wish to find something you can equip.

Oh, and if you wish to sell something at a competitive price, you'll either do a lot of running back and forth between your retainer and the market ward exit, or you'll need to make an external list of all the items you want to sell, run to the exit, look them all up and write down the prices, then run back to your retainer and price them.

Yes, this system is by far better than the stupidity of the previous system, but it's still no where near close to "user friendly." It's still unnecessarily cumbersome.
---
nununu