Trial?

#1DinglesteedPosted 6/14/2012 8:12:07 AM
Is there a trial for this game? Been interested in it for a while but after the initial release I backed off. Seeing as it is getting better and better I am gaining interest again. If not, anyone know where to get it for the cheapest cost? At work and can't do a lot of searching at the moment. Thanks in advance!
---
Playing: Diablo 3
#2HootieHooPosted 6/14/2012 8:16:26 AM
I could be wrong, but I don't believe there is a free trial. However, some people on this board have mentioned that they found copies of the game at their local GameStops for super cheap. I think someone even said they found the collector's edition for around $8. And they come with 30 days free play time. So that may be the better route to go. Just a thought.
---
XBL Gamertag: Squirrel Zero
#3levelxplanePosted 6/14/2012 10:21:47 AM
When you buy the game, you get a month free trial, but you have to give your credit card info regardless if you decide to play or not. If you decide you don't want to sub, when your month is over, just remove your credit card info.
---
FFXIV | Durandal | Rau Lecreuset
Gamertag | level x plane \\ Steam | levelxplane
#4Dinglesteed(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2012 11:44:43 AM
Let me ask you this:

I have played the following - WoW, Rift, Aion, Tera, SW:TOR, and Eve.

Out of those my favorites have been WoW and Tera.

I'm sure there are many similarities between FF14 and WoW/Tera, but I am sure there are a ton of differences as well. For those who have played any of the mmo's I listed, do you think FF14 has lasting power?

Is there any PvP/Battleground things in FF14? What are the dungeons and raids like? What are the most played classes? Any tips or information you can think of that may sway me into giving it a try? Thanks :D
---
Playing: Diablo 3 (disappointed), Civ 5, NHL 12, Magicka
#5levelxplanePosted 6/14/2012 11:51:40 AM(edited)
Dinglesteed posted...
Let me ask you this:

I have played the following - WoW, Rift, Aion, Tera, SW:TOR, and Eve.

Out of those my favorites have been WoW and Tera.

I'm sure there are many similarities between FF14 and WoW/Tera, but I am sure there are a ton of differences as well. For those who have played any of the mmo's I listed, do you think FF14 has lasting power?

Is there any PvP/Battleground things in FF14? What are the dungeons and raids like? What are the most played classes? Any tips or information you can think of that may sway me into giving it a try? Thanks :D

I tried WoW's trial, and got bored of it, mostly because the community seemed to indifferent toward new players, at least when I asked for help.
SW:TOR is just a single player game that you can do online.
TERA was really fun, but I got really bored of it right before launch, so I never bothered subbing.

To be honest, XIV is a pretty standard MMO now. However, for some reason, despite all its flaws, I've enjoyed myself more so that in any other game. Call me a fanboy, but I really can't get myself into any other game.

There is no PvP yet, that's going in to be within the next year. However, the raids, while simplistic, are pretty much the same thing has in TERA's earlier raids, with some puzzle elements.

I say try it out, seeing as its $8 online, and you get a month for free. If you don't like it, oh well, you can always try again in 2.0. If you do decide to play, get a linkshell, make friends, because the solo aspect of the game is the absolute worst part.
---
FFXIV | Durandal | Rau Lecreuset
Gamertag | level x plane \\ Steam | levelxplane
#6Dinglesteed(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2012 5:50:10 PM
Hmm, where is it $8 at? Been looking but I am either missing it or something D:
---
#7ShibutoPosted 6/15/2012 11:02:07 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XIV-PC/dp/B00447EC86/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1339783278&sr=8-3&keywords=Final+Fantasy+XIV

Or if you prefer to download it from Amazon its 20 dollars

http://www.amazon.com/Square-Enix-40883Fantasy-XIV1-Download/dp/B006IUVDOS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339783278&sr=8-1&keywords=Final+Fantasy+XIV
---
I own all 3 systems therefore I am unbiased: 360 > PS3 >> Wii -Bill Gates Son
#8Dinglesteed(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2012 12:52:19 PM
Shibuto posted...
http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XIV-PC/dp/B00447EC86/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1339783278&sr=8-3&keywords=Final+Fantasy+XIV

Or if you prefer to download it from Amazon its 20 dollars

http://www.amazon.com/Square-Enix-40883Fantasy-XIV1-Download/dp/B006IUVDOS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339783278&sr=8-1&keywords=Final+Fantasy+XIV

Ah, that is the PAL version only. I doubt that would work in US right?
---
#9ShibutoPosted 6/15/2012 2:22:29 PM
What? no.. lol...this is PC not console...
---
I own all 3 systems therefore I am unbiased: 360 > PS3 >> Wii -Bill Gates Son
More topics from this board...
PaladinSharkwalker17/3 8:59AM