ModNation Racer 2

#1MikeugamePosted 1/8/2011 11:54:55 PM
I was thinking that LBP2 had surpass LBP1 in all ways and all, shouldn't MNR2 surpass MNR by in all ways to right i mean they both are create & share.
Put in some air plane racing, boat racing somethin that can surpass it like LBP2 done over LBP1. OPINIONS
#2ZcorpionPosted 1/9/2011 12:37:28 AM
LBP2 improved greatly what LBP1 lacked... the easiness to make custom levels (well, now you cab make whole games <_<).

MNR already has an awesome & easy-to-use creator of its own.
I bet United Front will try to get as much downloadable content as they can before even starting to think about a MNR2.

Yeah, I would love a MNR2, so Sony can expand even more they Play Create Share ideal, so if MNR2 comes out, it better follow LBP2's steps ant let us play all the already available tracks created so far ;P

---
Chuck Norris cried for the first and last time on July Fourth, 1995.
PSN: D_Zcorpion
#3RoyalDeathPosted 1/9/2011 2:42:10 AM
MNR2 would be awesome... but im sure it's not gonna happen... I tried to look around and there wasn't a single hint of MNR2.
#4zfstarkPosted 1/9/2011 7:07:51 PM
Well, Modnation Racers isn't even a year old yet. Look at the popularity of LBP and its only just getting it's sequel.

---
This doesn't look like an accident...
#5liveforever89Posted 1/10/2011 12:40:40 AM
The creators of MNR seemed pretty confident that they weren't going to make a sequel. With that being said, the developers of LBP said the same thing.

But LBP ended up being extremely popular. MNR doesn't have anywhere near the following/community. I'd be shocked to see a MNR2 . . .
#6zfstarkPosted 1/10/2011 11:20:57 AM
But LBP ended up being extremely popular. MNR doesn't have anywhere near the following/community. I'd be shocked to see a MNR2 . . .

Frankly I hate this kind of mentality. Just because LBP set a popularity benchmark doesn't mean MNR has to live up to that. Nothing against you personally its just that this is why great TV shows are canceled, movies are full of crappy sequels, and most video games are shovelware: they don't have the most popularity/highest ratings.

---
#7liveforever89Posted 1/12/2011 11:10:21 AM

Rogwell posted...

Frankly I hate this kind of mentality. Just because LBP set a popularity benchmark doesn't mean MNR has to live up to that. Nothing against you personally its just that this is why great TV shows are canceled, movies are full of crappy sequels, and most video games are shovelware: they don't have the most popularity/highest ratings.

---

I'm not saying I agree with it. I'm just saying that's how it is. Plus, like I said, the developers seemed pretty adamant about not making a sequel. They said the whole point of the create-share-play aspect of MNR is to allow people to constantly create, so the game doesn't get 'old'.

If MNR became extremely popular like a LBP, then I'd expect a sequel. But it didn't. So I think this is all we'll get. But hopefully I'm wrong. I love this game and I would love to see a sequel . . .

#8Snowfire1080Posted 1/12/2011 11:43:14 AM

liveforever89 posted...

Rogwell posted...

---

I'm not saying I agree with it. I'm just saying that's how it is. Plus, like I said, the developers seemed pretty adamant about not making a sequel. They said the whole point of the create-share-play aspect of MNR is to allow people to constantly create, so the game doesn't get 'old'.

If MNR became extremely popular like a LBP, then I'd expect a sequel. But it didn't. So I think this is all we'll get. But hopefully I'm wrong. I love this game and I would love to see a sequel . . .

I hope your wrong as well. this is from the modnation monday playstation blog this week

Jason Coker | January 10th, 2011 at 1:05 pm D33C0MBOBULATOR, that's a great idea, and it's something I'd enjoy a lot, too. It may not be something that we can work into MNR in its current incarnation, but definitely a cool feature that we have on the radar.

if not making a sequel why even bother with collecting ideas? just saying.. the question was about racing against your creations instead of UFG mods

oh heres a link for people who dont know about modnation monday blogs http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/01/10/modnation-monday-special-guests-celebrating-the-far-east/

#9GeoshiPosted 1/13/2011 5:31:36 PM
The only thing I could see as a reasonable upgrade would be to add in airplanes, possibly hovercrafts.
Maybe subdivide the download station to "original" and "unoriginal" something like that.

---
PSN: GeoBuggie
#10GeoshiPosted 1/13/2011 7:35:36 PM
Sorry to double post, but I just played the game again. Really fun, I guess once I platinum'd it, I didn't see much replayability, now I certainly do. Anyways, here are some more things to add if MNR2 will be made:

1) Mod's and Karts linked / A.I. are created mods / karts
I've thought about this for a while, seems it's really the only thing that got left out from the game. We get to create, play, and share our creations, but we don't get to race them. I think having the ability to race the A.I. which you create would be more enjoyable.

2) Possible chassis differentiation.
I take that back, it would break the metagame.

3) Create Elites / EX Mode
Hear me out! Say you pick one character and play as him or her through the career mode, they could get a star or some mark beside their name to say they classify as an elite racer. Could be cool if they had some sort of EX mode where you could only use racers that are considered elite. Would give some purpose, and potentially harder courses.

4) Circuit Creation
Simple though, take certain tracks (presumably made by you) and make a circuit, maybe add the tokens if online?

5) Team races
Enough said, I love team racing

6) Multiplayer battle mode
Just like Mario Kart, Diddy Kong Racing. It would be cool.

Hope the idea's aren't to dumb or redundant. Just wishful thinking.

---
PSN: GeoBuggie