Game crashes after intro, every campaign. How can I fix this? (Nvidia GPU)

#1PsychoticFuryPosted 2/19/2010 1:20:36 PM
Alright, I just purchased the game via Steam, but I can't seem to play it.

I've played put hours into the demo, and I can run it just fine maxed out with no stutter. But not the same idea with the full game. I start it up just fine, in either DX9 and DX10(I've tried both), I can get to the menu, and all the settings. But when I select a campaign (Whether it's Alien, Predator, or Marine), once the intro video has finished, the game crashes back to desktop without notice.

I've tried to fix this in multiple ways, including updating Direct X, installing the most recent driver for my GPU, adusting my sound in Windows down to 24 bit, 48000 Hz. I've tried running it in compatibility mode (Windows XP), I just can't seem to get this game to run.

These are of course the first problems I've ever had running a game with my GPU(Which I'm assuming is the culprit after reading all of the NVIDIA issues on this board.)

Has anyone discovered a fix?
---
X9650 @ 3.67GHz | Core2 Extreme | 4GB DDR3 (1333MHz) | GTX 280 | Windows 7 Ultimate
#2DJ8WORKPosted 2/19/2010 1:28:37 PM

ok try pressing rite mouse button on the AvP game icon in steam, then select properties, then select local files and the select Verify integrtiy of game cache.

Also try to run the game in low graphics settings, just to see if it works!

#3HiliaryPosted 2/19/2010 8:24:53 PM

PsychoticFury posted...
Alright, I just purchased the game via Steam, but I can't seem to play it.

I've played put hours into the demo, and I can run it just fine maxed out with no stutter. But not the same idea with the full game. I start it up just fine, in either DX9 and DX10(I've tried both), I can get to the menu, and all the settings. But when I select a campaign (Whether it's Alien, Predator, or Marine), once the intro video has finished, the game crashes back to desktop without notice.

I've tried to fix this in multiple ways, including updating Direct X, installing the most recent driver for my GPU, adusting my sound in Windows down to 24 bit, 48000 Hz. I've tried running it in compatibility mode (Windows XP), I just can't seem to get this game to run.

These are of course the first problems I've ever had running a game with my GPU(Which I'm assuming is the culprit after reading all of the NVIDIA issues on this board.)

Has anyone discovered a fix?
---
X9650 @ 3.67GHz | Core2 Extreme | 4GB DDR3 (1333MHz) | GTX 280 | Windows 7 Ultimate

I'm having similiar problems, except that I can play the game in DirectX 9. Sux man, I'm really dissapointed.

#4faduePosted 2/19/2010 9:28:58 PM
This, might help. I had the same problem but got it fixed:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=960624&topic=53544297
---
Would you kindly get stepped on by a Big Daddy?
#5faduePosted 2/19/2010 9:30:37 PM
Oh you already did the sound adjusting stuff... sorry :x
---
Would you kindly get stepped on by a Big Daddy?
#6AllStar21369Posted 2/19/2010 9:35:54 PM

I had the same problem (I don't have the STEAM version however, I have the RELOADED version :shock:). I only received this problem when opening "AvP_DX11.exe" and "AvP_Launcher.exe". When I opened "AvP.exe" however, it all worked fine. If that information doesn't help you then you should try updating your microsoft framework.

#7DanulusPosted 2/19/2010 10:34:02 PM
Have you tried disabling V sync and mouse lag?
---
"I'm from Winnipeg you idiot!" - Chris Jericho
"Its not what you know its what you can prove" - Training Day