~~~Perfect Dark Board Guide, redux! v1.5~~~ (PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING)

#1Super SlashPosted 4/2/2010 3:01:19 AMmessage detail
Welcome to the Perfect Dark Board Guide! In this guide, I will answer the questions that are most commonly asked on the board, and then some. For any newcomers that visit the board, please read this topic before posting! To skip to a specific section/question/whatever, hold Ctrl and press F (Apple if you're on a Mac) to bring up a Find box. Type in the code of a section/question/etc., and press Enter twice to reach it.

NOTE: This is an update of my board guide for the N64 version. Some additions and changes have been made to fit the 360 version. The guide may eventually be updated, particularly if lots of mistakes are found and/or more common questions appear and such.

Table of Contents

I. Gameplay Questions

1. Do I need any sort of Expansion Pak to access the full game this time around? [QS01]
2. How do I rank up in Combat Simulator, and how can I calculate it? [QS02]
3. Do I get anything special if I rank up in combat simulator? [QS03]
4. What are these codes for that I get when I reach the rank of Perfect: 1? [QS04]
5. What is the Defection glitch, and how do I do it? [QS05]
6. What is the Perfect Dark mode, and how do I unlock it? [QS06]
7. I met the requirements for an achievement, but it didn't unlock. What's wrong? [QS07]
8. I need help with [insert level here] on Perfect Agent! Can you help me? [QS08]
9. I need help unlocking [insert cheat here]! Can you help me? [QS09]
10. What's the best control style? [QS10]
11. How do I unlock the Special Assignments (bonus missions)? [QS11]
12. What is an Award, and how do I unlock them? [QS12]
13. How do I get on the hoverbike? [QS13]
14. How do I get the hoverbike in Crash Site? [QS14]
15. How do I complete Area 51 - Escape faster? [QS15]
16. How do I start in the cargo area of Air Force One? [QS16]
17. How do I get 201% on my profile? [QS17]
18. Is there a way to beat all of the challenges easily? [QS18]
19. How do I get extra Co-op buddies? [QS19]
20. What's the purpose of the two guards and Mr. Blonde in that room on Extraction? [QS20]
21. I've heard this game has a lot of glitches. What are they, and will they be patched? [QS21]
22. Can you still speedstrafe in this version? [QS22]
23. How do I mix character heads/bodies in Combat Simulator?

II. Other Questions

1. What changes/additions have been made in this version? [OQ01]
2. Is there a list of the game's World Records? [OQ02]
3. Is there a list of the locations of the cheese? [OQ03]
4. Is Perfect Dark Zero worth trying? [OQ04]
5. Will there ever be a sequel to this game? [OQ05]
6. How much does this game cost, and do I need an Xbox Live account to get/play it? [OQ06]
7. Should I get this game? [OQ07]
8. What are some good sites for Perfect Dark? [OQ08]

III. Credits and Special Thanks

1. Credits and Special Thanks [CRSP]

--------------------------------
I. Gameplay Questions
--------------------------------

1. Do I need any sort of Expansion Pak to access the full game this time around? [QS01]

No. Any topics and/or posts you see regarding that are jokes, poking fun at the fact that you needed one back in the N64 days.

2. How do I rank up in Combat Simulator, and how do I calculate it? [QS02]

It is dependant on your stats saved on your profile. To calculate it, look at your stats and type them into the forms on this page:

http://www.curtisbright.com/pd/ranking.php

3. Do I get anything special if I rank up in Combat Simulator? [QS03]

No, the ranks in Combat simulator are purely for bragging rights. However, there is a exception if you reach Perfect: 1 (see next question).
#2Super Slash(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2010 3:01:27 AMmessage detail
4. What are these codes for that I get when I reach the rank of Perfect: 1? [QS04]

Nothing. They were once used to log into two Perfect Dark websites, but they've long since died out, and I guess 4J Studios just didn't bother to remove it in the remake.

5. What is the Defection glitch, and how do I do it? [QS05]

Surprisingly, the glitch was kept (or overlooked) in this version. The Defection glitch is a glitch used in the first level to skip straight to the elevator at the bottom and beat the level in 5 seconds. The first door you come to after the helipad has a tile you can bypass through, unlike the rest of the wall. The trick is to open the door, run back up the helipad and land onto the door, crouch and go through this tile, and push right immediately and hope that you exit the boundaries of the building. Besides beating the level in 6 seconds, this glitch can also be used to walk around the perimeter of the building and even land onto one of the floors you cannot normally be in that you see fly by as you go down the elevator. For a more detailed description on what this glitch is and how to do it, see this site:

http://qntm.org/?defection_a

6. What is the Perfect Dark mode, and how do I unlock it? [QS06]

This is similar to the 007 mode in Goldeneye. It allows you to edit the stats of the enemies in a level, making them stronger or weaker. To unlock it, you must beat all of the regular missions on the Perfect Agent difficulty (you do NOT need to beat the Special Assignments on PA to get it).

7. I met the requirements for an achievement, but it didn't unlock. What's wrong? [QS07]

This is a known bug. There are ways to get around it, but they can be totally random and you may unlock the achievement out of nowhere by doing something specific. For example, I have heard that someone had trouble unlocking one of the achievements for beating the game on a specific difficulty. It wasn't unlocked until s/he played on the higher difficulty a little bit later. Some people have had trouble unlocking the Co-op and Counter-op achievements and assumed they're glitched, but this is not the case; you have to complete a mission, which isn't necessarily a single level, to unlock it. For example, Mission 1 consists of the first three levels, while Mission 2 only consists of one (Carrington Villa). The patch that will be released at the end of April will fix the bugged achievements, among other things.

8. I need help with [insert level here] on Perfect Agent! Can you help me? [QS08]

I recommend checking out marshmallow's Perfect Agent guide. While it was made for the N64 version, it will still be just as helpful in this version:

9. I need help unlocking [insert cheat here]! Can you help me? [QS09]

Not really, sorry. Although there is no longer a 1.2 control setting (which was in the original; it allowed you to go at a fast speed much easier), you can still speedstrafe by holding the left thumbstick in a diagonal direction. You'll get a huge speed increase this way, which really helps cut your time on each level.

10. What's the best control style? [QS10]

That all depends on your preference. Personally, I like Classic the best, but if you're used to games like Call of Duty more, then use Duty Calls. If you're more of a Halo person, then use Spartan. Either way, all of the control styles are great.
#3Super Slash(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2010 3:02:28 AMmessage detail
11.How do I unlock the Special Assignments (bonus missions)? [QS11]

There are a total of four Special Assignments, and they are essential in order to get all of the Awards. They are, in order:

Mr. Blonde's Revenge - Unlocked by finishing the game on the Agent difficulty or higher. This mission shows how Cassandra ended up on the Skedar Attack Ship.

Maian SOS - Unlocked by finishing the game on the Special Agent difficulty or higher. It's unknown exactly when this mission takes place during the storyline, but it could very well be right before Joanna goes to Area 51 (that is, this could be showing how Elvis got captured).

WAR! - Unlocked by finishing the game on the Perfect Agent difficulty. This mission doesn't seem to have any part in the storyline; it shows the Maians at war with the Skedar. It's possible, however, that this war takes place years before the game begins.

The Duel - Unlocked by getting a Bronze medal (or better) on all of the guns in the Firing Range. This includes weapons like Trent's golden magnum. This mission plays absolutely no part in the story.

12. What is an Award, and how do I unlock them? [QS12]

Awards are new to the 360 remake. They are also known as Crowns, and you must unlock *all* of them to get the Crowning Glory achievement. However, it's not as easy as you may think; the game gives you no hint on how to unlock them other than an icon on the Awards screen (to get there, go to Help & Options on the Pause menu and select Awards). There is one in each level and a few others that aren't obtained in a specific campaign level (or any at all). To save you the trouble, here's how you unlock them:

1) No Help Needed

On dataDyne - Defection, on Perfect Agent, kill 15 enemies with Auto-Aim OFF. Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33_A5lXbAck

2) Close Proximity

On dataDyne - Investigation, on Perfect Agent, run into the room with the isotope and go to the far left side. It may be hard to see due to the bluriness, but there's a box near the wall that contains a Proximity Mine. Get it, leave the room, and lure a pack of guards into a single room. Kill three or more at once with the mine to get the crown. Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX68hBfSHuw

3) Good Enough For Clint

On dataDyne - Extraction, on Special Agent, kill eight enemies with a headshot using the DY357-Magnum. To get it, kill the first five guards without them noticing you at the beginning of the level. The fifth one drops the magnum. Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MpWmcLCC8g

4) Way Of The Assassin

On Carrington Villa - Hostage One, on Perfect Agent, kill five enemies with the Sniper Rifle with a headshot, and *without* using the manual aim. The rifle is located in a bathroom. The easiest way to get the headshots is by ignoring most of the guards up until you get the rifle, then staying in the room with it with the door closed. When the guards open the door, close it, and when you hear them firing, quickly open, aim, and shoot them in the head. Make sure Auto-Aim is off or this will not work. While it doesn't use the same strategy, here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfCDPantkck
#4Super Slash(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2010 3:02:51 AMmessage detail
5) Quickly Does It

On Chicago - Stealth, on Agent, and in Co-op, have one player go to the storm drain where you can get the Reprogrammer and Remote Mine and thus complete Objective 1. Before grabbing the case, have the second player get the BombSpy (head to the alleyway with the dumpster, push it in front of the canisters, then blow them up and it will come out of the dumpster). Use it to blow up the guards surrounding the level's exit to complete the objective. Now have the other player grab the case and exit the level. Do all of this in under 35 seconds. It seems, however, that quite a number of people have not obtained the crown using this method, so as of now, this method being the absolute correct one is unconfirmed. No video available.

6) Bow To The Audience

On G5 Building - Reconnaissance, kill eight enemies using the Crossbow's Instant Kill function. It can be obtained by killing the first two guards in the level with your fists. This can be done on any difficulty. Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaJaiGy7oKc

7) Rapid Radar Shut Down

On Area 51 - Infiltration, on Special Agent, complete Objective 1 in under one minute and thirty seconds. Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRmNuNpIKVc

8) Master Of Disguise

On Area 51 - Rescue, on Special Agent, complete Objective 2 in under one minute and forty seconds. The best way to do this is to ignore the explosive crate and use the Dragon's Proximity function to enter the research section. Watch the cutscene until Joanna walks up to the crate and is about to say "Doesn't sound like a problem to me. Where are these explosives?", then cut the scene and run to the elevator. If you did it right, the doors will just begin opening as you reach it. Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_AgHSD-DRg

9) Easy Rider

On Area 51 - Escape, on Agent, escape the base using the hoverbike in under thirty seconds. To do this, when Jonathan tells you that he'll get out on the hoverbike, run in front of him and Joanna will tell him to go with Elvis. After this, activate both consoles in the room; now you need to be quick. Run to the hoverbike, get on it, and make your way through the hallway you brought Elvis to at the start of the mission. Then go through several doors in the long hallway that goes up, then turn right and go down through another door at the bottom. Head to the northwestern part of that room, but not up the ramp. Go through the doors, then turn left and through a couple more doors leading outside. Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_AgHSD-DRg

10) I Want To Be Sedated

On Air Base - Espionage, on Special Agent, bring out the DrugSpy and shoot all of the guards by the base, along with the two guards and the stewardess in the tunnel in under thirty seconds. Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWD1jS4UM

11) Presidental Predication

Can only be done in Co-op. On Air Force One - Antiterrorism, on Agent, you must complete Objective 2 at a very specific moment. Have one player stand by the door where the ship docks, and make sure s/he has the Timed Mine out. Have the other player talk to the President and, right when the cutscene ends, have the second player throw the mine to complete the objective. Now finish the level as normal, but it must be done in under a minute and twenty seconds.

12) Magnum P.D.

On Crash Site - Confrontation, kill the President clone with the DY357-LX. To get it, disarm Trent before he runs away. You will most likely fail the mission, but that's okay; just find the President clone and kill him using the magnum. It can be done on any difficulty. Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHEsoVRiK6Q
#5Super Slash(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2010 3:03:32 AMmessage detail
13) Tick Tock... Boom

On Pelagic II - Exploration, knock out three or more guards using an N-Grenade. Can be done on any difficulty. Despite what this video claims, I do not believe you have to kill them; I just knocked them out and it worked fine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwKzY-rdK-o

14) Can't Touch This!

On Deep Sea - Nullify Threat, on Perfect Agent, complete Objective 1 without getting hit. This is done best by opening doors and hiding behind them while Elvis takes care of the guards. Once you reach the tunnel areas, just carefully make your way through them and make sure you're not caught or are at least safe by a wall or something. Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7W009o1Aro

15) Run And Gun

On Carrington Institute - Defense, on Perfect Agent, complete Objective 2 in under one minute and thirty seconds, then finish the level *without* using the Cloak function of the RC-P120. I'm not sure if this means you have to complete Objective 1 first, but it can be done rather easily in Co-op. Have one player complete Objective 1 while the other works on Objective 2.

16) Against All Odds...

On Attack Ship - Covert Assault, on Perfect Agent, kill the Skedar in the last room standing in the middle of the walkway using the Slayer. To get it, after taking the first elevator in the level up, go through the middle doors until you reach the room in the very back. The gun is in there. Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjwfPQBV2nE

17) Rocked

On Skedar Ruins - Battle Shrine, on Perfect Agent, complete Objective 1 in under thirty seconds. This one will take some patience, but isn't necessarily hard. I did it by restarting the mission until the first pillar was the first one you see in the level, the second one being the one on the right as you go down the first pathway, and the third one being behind the wall to the left of it. If you aim up far enough, you can throw the Target Amplifier onto it without walking all the way over there. Ignore *all* of the Skedar or you will not get it. Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdDnQR3w1MQ

18) Invisibility Factor

On Mr. Blonde's Revenge, on Special Agent, complete the level without using the Cloaking Device. Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciyHSrMVT8Y

19) Magnum Forced

On Maian SOS, on Perfect Agent, get the Psychosis Gun and use it on the guard with the dual DY357-LX's on the right end of the first hallway, in the left room. Let him kill five enemies to get the crown. To escape from the first room without the use of the Psychosis Gun, push the stretcher by the glass and blow it up with the Falcon 2 to break the glass. Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z07H0vTkBZQ

20) Three Kings

On WAR!, on Perfect Agent, finish the level in under a minute and thirty-five seconds. Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7bD4PoCpiE

21) Perfect Head

On The Duel, on Perfect Agent, get a headshot on all three enemies. It's good to know that Jonathan *cannot* hit you unless he punches you, making him an easy target; this is because the game treats him as an ally, so his bullets don't affect you. This was present in the N64 version and has not been fixed in the 360 version.

22) Ninja

It is unknown exactly how you obtain this. All that's known for sure is that it's obtained in the Combat Simulator, and several people think it involves killing someone with a Combat Knife from behind. Whether this can be obtained in Local Multiplayer or only on Live matches is also unknown. If you have unlocked it and have an idea of how you did it, please post it here.
#6Super Slash(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2010 3:04:16 AMmessage detail
23) The Name's Dark.....Perfect Dark.

Complete the entire game on Perfect Agent with Auto-Aim OFF, including Special Assignments.

24) Bronze

Complete the entire game on Agent in less than fourty-eight minutes, including Special Assignments. To check your total time, go to the Leaderboards and go to the Mission Totals. Press LB and RB to toggle between difficulties.

25) Silver

Complete the entire game on Special Agent in less than an hour and eight minutes, including Special Assignments. To check your total time, go to the Leaderboards and go to the Mission Totals. Press LB and RB to toggle between difficulties.

26) Gold

Complete the entire game on Perfect Agent in less than an hour and thirty-five minutes, including Special Assignments. To check your total time, go to the Leaderboards and go to the Mission Totals. Press LB and RB to toggle between difficulties.

27) Gamer Picture 1

Have all four medals at the end of a match in Combat Simulator.

28) Gamer Picture 2

Have a 201% completion on your profile. It is not known exactly what is needed to obtain this, but you for sure need to clear the game on all difficulties (including Special Assignments), clear all challenges, and get Bronze, Silver, and Gold medals for all weapons in the Firing Range. You may also have to complete all of the simulators in the Carrington Institute. Some people say you also need to clear the game on Co-op and Counter-op on all three difficulties.

29) Avatar Award 1

Obtained after getting your first headshot on an enemy.

30) Avatar Award 2

Obtained after completing a Special Assignment for the first time.

31) Perfect Dark Theme

Get a kill at least once with all 32 weapons. Some weapons, such as the Crossbow, can only kill with its secondary function.

13. How do I get on the hoverbike? [QS13]

Walk up to it and press A twice in quick succession. Pressing it once and then again about a second later will cause you to grab it, allowing you to carry it around. Press A twice again to get off.

14. How do I get the hoverbike in Crash Site? [QS14]

In Air Force One, go to the cargo room (where you retrieve the evidence in SA/PA) and activate the console with the red button in the room with the hoverbike. It will lower; finish the level and it will be behind where you start in Crash Site. As far as I can tell, you have to do this each time you relaunch the game.

15. How do I complete Area 51 - Escape faster? [QS15]

After Jonathan says that he'll open the doors while you cover him, quickly run past him and up the ramp (but do not get too close to him or stop in front of him), making your way to the consoles. Activate both of them and the level will end; this is a great way to get the Invincibility cheat.

16. How do I start in the cargo area of Air Force One? [QS16]

There are two exits in the Air Base: the one through a door that leads to the upper levels of Air Force One, and a ladder that takes you to the cargo area. The ladder is the easiest to reach, and shaves off a lot of time to boot; in Air Base, once you enter the base and complete all but the last objective, take the big elevator down to the bottom level. Destroy the console there to overload the laser grid, then make your way past the lasers to the ladder.
#7Super Slash(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2010 3:05:37 AMmessage detail
17. How do I get 201% on my profile? [QS17]

Even though I already explained this in the Award that unlocks for doing this, I'll explain it here as well. It is not known exactly what is needed to do this, but you for sure need to clear the game on all difficulties (including Special Assignments), clear all challenges, and get Bronze, Silver, and Gold medals for all weapons in the Firing Range. You may also have to complete all of the simulators in the Carrington Institute. Some people say you also need to clear the game on Co-op and Counter-op on all three difficulties.

18. Is there a way to beat all of the challenges easily? [QS18]

Other than continuing to try until you get the hang of them, no. The "clear any challenge fast" trick was removed from the 360 version.

19. How do I get extra Co-op buddies? [QS19]

This isn't a very well known secret, but you can unlock extra buddies in Co-op. No, not the ones you unlock as a cheat like Hotshot and Pugilist, but you can make it so you can use more buddies at once. If you beat Co-op on Agent, you can use 2 buddies on Agent. If you beat Co-op on Special Agent, you can use 3 buddies in Agent and 2 in Special Agent. If you beat Co-op on Perfect Agent, you can use 4 buddies on Agent, 3 on Special Agent and 2 on Perfect Agent. Keep in mind that this only applies to simulant buddies and not human players.

20. What's the purpose of the two guards and Mr. Blonde in that room on Extraction? [QS20]

They are placed there so that they can be loaded into the cutscene at the end of the level. Other than that, they serve no purpose; you will not be able to kill them no matter how hard you try. The fact that you can even enter this room on this particular level is a glitch that was present in the original, and overlooked in this version.

21. I've heard this game has a lot of glitches. What are they, and will they be patched? [QS21]

It does have quite a number of glitches, but not all of them are that bad; the worst involve achievements and the Slayer. Here is a list of commonly known glitches:

- Achievements may not unlock despite meeting the requirements. A good example of this is "Tools of the Trade", which requires you get at least a Bronze medal on every weapon in the game in the Firing Range.

- When setting up teams in Combat Simulator, if you go back to the Team setup screen after setting them up, the teams will be randomized and you'll have to set them to the way you want again. Also, when you get off of the Advanced Setup, the team colors will be randomized, but the teams themselves will still be as you set them once you start.

- The Slayer's Fly-by-Wire function doesn't work properly. When you detonate it, it will not blow up roughly 90% of the time, and will instead just be a dud. This happens with the primary function as well, but not nearly as often. When the missile comes into contact with an object, it seems to work a lot more often.

- Grenades will randomly fall through the floor when you throw them (this includes Proximity Grenades). You can tell this because you'll hear no explosion, but can see the screen shake a bit as if an explosion had occured somewhere (at the very bottom, through the floor, in this case).

These will all be patched, along with any others I've possibly forgotten, at the end of April, according to Rare's Twitter:

http://twitter.com/rareLtd

#PerfectDark title update 2 set for late April! Achievement fixes, Southpaw & Legacy controls, Swap Triggers, aim sensitivity sliders... 4:44 AM Mar 29th via web

#...plus Solo & Team 'Hardcore' playlists (no radar or auto-aim). All issues investigated, some had too many knock-on effects to implement. 4:44 AM Mar 29th via web
#8Super Slash(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2010 3:05:58 AMmessage detail
22. Can you still speedstrafe in this version? [QS22]

Yes, although it is a bit harder. By holding the left stick in a diagonal direction, you will go much faster. However, maintaining this speed can prove to be a problem.

23. How do I mix character heads/bodies in Combat Simulator? [QS23]

Select a body that has the head(s) you want, then select the head. While selecting a body, hold LB or RB and the head will stay. It will go back to normal if you change without holding one of the buttons down.

--------------------------
II. Other Questions
--------------------------

1. What changes/additions have been made in this version? [OQ01]

Several. Off the top of my head:

- Improved graphics and character models.
- Perfect FPS (60 FPS) at almost all times, the only exception being when you cause several explosions at once and enter the smoke (like when using a Rocket Launcher with the Unlimited Ammo, No Reloads cheat on).
- A couple of the guns have been nerfed, most notably the Laptop Gun. It now fires at a slightly faster rate, and when deployed as a sentry, it runs out of ammo much quicker than it did in the N64 version. The Farsight has also been slightly nerfed; the Target Locator function is slower than it was before.
- You can now play with people over Live in practically any mode: Co-op, Counter-op, and Combat Simulator. In Combat Simulator, you can either do a public match or a private match. In public matches, you play on a random level with a random weaponset with random people, and cannot invite friends. You can only play with friends in private matches, and it works basically the same way as Local Multiplayer (with the Advanced Setup and all). Co-op and Counter-op have lag and synchronization issues, but they're still fairly playable.
- There are now achievements, obviously, since this is a 360 game.
- There are now Leaderboards, making it easy to compare your times in levels with that of others.
- There are now Awards, things you unlock by doing very specific stuff. Getting them all unlocks the Crowning Glory achievement.
- Most likely an oversight, but now when you die, exit a level, or something similar (Combat Simulator included), if you were using the secondary function before, you'll have to switch to it again the next time you pick up the gun (this applies to Unarmed as well).

2. Is there a list of the game's World Records? [OQ02]

Yes, although since the 360 version includes milliseconds in your level time, the WRs are subject to change much more often. Here's a quick list, as of the time this board guide was written (it applies only to the 360 version):

dataDyne - Defection
Agent - 5.53
Special Agent - 37.60
Perfect Agent - 1:44.73

dataDyne - Investigation
Agent - 1:35.21
Special Agent - 2:23.66
Perfect Agent - 2:45.63

dataDyne - Extraction
Agent - 47.96
Special Agent - 1:26.30
Perfect Agent - 1:38.78

Carrington Villa - Hostage One
Agent - 1:10.58
Special Agent - 1:22.31
Perfect Agent - 1:47.38

Chicago - Stealth
Agent - 15.73
Special Agent - 29.50
Perfect Agent - 31.03

G5 Building - Reconnassiance
Agent - 38.78
Special Agent - 52.80
Perfect Agent - 1:11.65

Area 51 - Infiltration
Agent - 1:11.51
Special Agent - 2:00.38
Perfect Agent - 2:21.36

Area 51 - Rescue
Agent - 1:25.18
Special Agent - 2:21.26
Perfect Agent - 3:02.61

Area 51 - Escape
Agent - 2:23.65
Special Agent - 3:23.55
Perfect Agent - 3:56.81

Air Base - Espionage
Agent - 1:16.73
Special Agent - 1:58.41
Perfect Agent - 2:29.73

Air Force One - Antiterrorism
Agent - 58.88
Special Agent - 1:28.46
Perfect Agent - 1:32.18

Crash Site - Confrontation
Agent - 1:21.58
Special Agent - 1:34.78
Perfect Agent - 2:17.78
#9Super Slash(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2010 3:06:39 AMmessage detail
Pelagic II - Exploration
Agent - 56.48
Special Agent - 2:04.90
Perfect Agent - 2:28.18

Deep Sea - Nullify Threat
Agent - 3:13.15
Special Agent - 4:41.21
Perfect Agent - 3:28.66

Carrington Institute - Defense
Agent - 48.53
Special Agent - 1:32.60
Perfect Agent - 2:08.66

Attack Ship - Covert Assault
Agent - 2:25.71
Special Agent - 3:01.03
Perfect Agent - 4:07.06

Skedar Ruins - Battle Shrine
Agent - 1:26.36
Special Agent - 1:58.41
Perfect Agent - 2:14.60

Mr. Blonde's Revenge
Agent - 1:20.86
Special Agent - 1:23.28
Perfect Agent - 1:26.83

Maian SOS
Agent - 1:36.58
Special Agent - 2:14.15
Perfect Agent - 2:32.73

WAR!
Agent - 27.06
Special Agent - 55.68
Perfect Agent - 1:04.86

The Duel
Agent - 3.66
Special Agent - 6.70
Perfect Agent - 10.23

OVERALL:
Agent - 27:08.99
Special Agent - 42:35.55
Perfect Agent - 50:01.31

3. Is there a list of the locations of the cheese? [OQ03]

Yes. Right here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/n64/file/198275/8153

4. Is Perfect Dark Zero worth trying? [OQ04]

I've never played it, but I hear terrible things about it. I suggest renting it or borrowing it first, if you really must try it out.

5. Will there ever be a sequel to this game? [OQ05]

Maybe if this version sells well enough. And that's a big maybe. I wouldn't get your hopes up, in any case.

6. How much does this game cost, and do I need an Xbox Live account to get/play it? [OQ06]

It is 800 Microsoft Points, which is equivalent to $10. Yes, you need an Xbox Live account, but you can get it using a Silver one. You do not need a Live account to launch and play the game after downloading, but in order to take advantage of the Live features of the game, you need an Xbox Live Gold account.

7. Should I get this game? [OQ07]

If you played the original and liked it, then this is a no-brainer. If you haven't, you may or may not like it; it turns many of those people away because the levels are huge, and there aren't very many hints telling you what you must do. If you've never played it and are used to more modern FPSes, I don't recommend it unless you're just going to stick to the multiplayer. Otherwise, yes, get it! You'll (probably) love it.

8. What are some good sites for Perfect Dark? [OQ08]

Here are a couple, though their main focus is really speedrunning (particularly the latter):

http://www.the-elite.net/

http://speedrunwiki.com/

All of the *really* good Perfect Dark websites are, unfortunately, gone (Detstar is a good example).

------------------------------------------
III. Credits and Special Thanks
------------------------------------------

1. Credits and Special Thanks [CRSP]

RareMinion.com: For providing an extremely helpful guide on getting most of the Awards in the game. Without this site, lots of people would be left in the dark on how to unlock them.

The users of the Perfect Dark 360 GameFAQs message board: For providing helpful info which was essential in updating this guide to suit this version.

Well, I think that about covers it... Took longer than I expected, but it was worth it. Feedback is welcome and appreciated! Request a sticky too, please. This time the guide is fixed. =P
#10WaluigiliciousPosted 4/2/2010 3:31:07 AMmessage detail
Don't forget the glitch about stats somtimes not saving.
---
'What's the weight limit to where if I make a fat person fall down, he won't be able to get up without assistance?' - SIFAV7