The first Zelda made for the Wii

#1kamikazetomatoPosted 6/6/2009 7:31:37 AM
Fact.

And if they use the Wii Motion Plus to even half its potential, I'm calling funnest Zelda game ever.
---
If you're agnostic and 29% sure of it, post it in this signature.
(Signature copyright Kamikaze Tomato.)
#2OnioniumPosted 6/6/2009 7:33:13 AM
Yeah...
---
I hereby proclaim a ban on speaking.
#3greeninatorPosted 6/6/2009 7:49:45 AM
TP was made for gamecube... so it is a fact.
---
ACCF Friend code:5284-4894-3067Town:Cooltown Name:Patrick
#4Lord_YggdrassilPosted 6/6/2009 8:41:55 AM
Actually it's not a fact. IT's the first Zelda made purely for the Wii yeah. TP might have been a Gamecube game but it was ported to wii...so it was made for the wii.
---
Playing: Star Ocean: TLH | Ninja Gaiden Black | Ar tonelico II
Favourite game ever - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
#5kamikazetomato(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2009 8:50:29 AM
False. That game wasn't made FOR the Wii. It was made for the Wii in the same sense that you could say any port is 'made' for another system, but you're parsing words. My intent is obvious.
---
#6espio4000Posted 6/6/2009 9:08:02 AM
Link's Crossbow Training
---
Go Georgia Tech!
FFX: Best Game Ever
#7kamikazetomato(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2009 9:26:59 AM
Link's Crossbow Training isn't a Zelda game. It's not "The Legend of Zelda: Link's Crossbow Training."
---
#8GodHatesFigsPosted 6/6/2009 9:42:15 AM
What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet. The second game in the series was titled "Zelda II: The Adventure of Link." Though Zelda's name is technically in the title, this game abandons the traditional "Legend of Zelda" title, but it is still recognized as canon in the series.

If you /were/ to accept the simple "Zelda" in the title as criteria for a Zelda game, then congrats, you've just welcomed "Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon" into the series as a legitimate Zelda game. And just to be fair, "Link: The Faces of Evil" should come too, because it's "Zelda"'s sister game.

I think you might have to pick some different criteria there, champ.
#9WaterofDarknessPosted 6/6/2009 9:47:32 AM
What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet. The second game in the series was titled "Zelda II: The Adventure of Link." Though Zelda's name is technically in the title, this game abandons the traditional "Legend of Zelda" title, but it is still recognized as canon in the series.

It didn't abandon anything. It's the second installment in the series. Doesn't matter that it did not play exactly the same. Star Fox Adventures for instance, does not play ANYTHING like the rest of the series and it is still considered part of the series. It's far closer to the series than Link's Crossbow Training ever will be. LCT is comparable to things like Mario Party or Mario Kart. It's within the same universe of characters but not really part of the main series.

If you /were/ to accept the simple "Zelda" in the title as criteria for a Zelda game, then congrats, you've just welcomed "Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon" into the series as a legitimate Zelda game. And just to be fair, "Link: The Faces of Evil" should come too, because it's "Zelda"'s sister game.

It's also not produced nor is it held within the same realms as standard Zelda games. Ie, Nintendo is not counting it as part of their own. Using that logic, the game Star Fox on the Atari 2600 is part of the Star Fox continuity simply because it has the name Star Fox.

I think it's fine.
---
With two hits, that's only a 60% chance, and with a full four attacks with adept, you're looking at 120% in FOUR hits. - Ace_Strife
#10kamikazetomato(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2009 9:50:27 AM

Who said having Zelda in the name was the ONLY criteria? I didn't even imply that!

You made that whole long, smug post trying to make me look like a jackass but you're arguing against something that I never even came remotely close to suggesting.

No, the CDI games aren't in the Zelda canon because they were made by Philips with very little input from Nintendo (the Capcom Zeldas received much more attention.) But me saying that a Zelda game needs to have the word 'Zelda' in it doesn't suddenly mean that the first point suddenly doesn't exist anymore.

Jesus Whitney Christ, THINK before you try to be patronizing, please.
---