Best Zelda Music Competition, Day 30. Running out of faces...? >:7

#1TheMindGamerPosted 7/29/2009 10:38:01 PM
Last time, on Best Zelda Music Competition, Palace of the Winds met fist-to-fist with Ralph's Theme. Ralph's Theme burst from its corner, as impatient as ever, swinging wildly. The calm Palace easily sidestepped the attack and landed the first blow. Ralph, quick to its feet, caught the mellow Palace completely off guard with a counter attack. Palace took the blows hard before he broke the offense and returned fire. Palace slowly ate away at Ralph, evening the damage and ursurping in the score. Frantically, Ralph attacked, catching up with the score, but was landed a harsh low by Palace in return. Ralph brushed this off and continued the attack, only to be returned with a painful jab to the face following its own. Palace continued the attack, but was cut short by some erratic movement by Ralph. Ralph shot forward and broke Palace's guard. Palace ate some sever blows before breaking away. It now caught onto the sporadics of Ralph and force-feed it some earth-shattering attacks. Ralph managed to land a few lucky hits on Palace near the end, knocking it off balance, but it wasn't enough. Palace comes out victor of the round

30. Shadow Temple ~ OoT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYelspwH2lY

VS

35. Song of Awakening ~ LA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXm2WbaL_E8

The Shadow Temple... dang, it just hits you hard with that creepy atmosphere... It's freaking musical moaning! With the primal rhythm being the only thing that really ties the piece in with itself, the various atmosphere effects come in and out like dreadful spirits coming to consume you. It doesn't have much in the way of a melody, but I don't think any dirge or elegy can capture a crypt like this piece does... It's very impressive! Add in a bit of redead moaning in too and you can make any ten year old cry... and maybe me as well. ;_;
Standard Ballad intro that resolves into major. Hmm, the Song of Awakening is a strange little piece. After its intro it moves into a very upbeat with the more lively bass line. It doesn't really fit the disappearing of the island and I hate the premature ending though... It doesn't even get to the bittersweet second theme which is my favorite part. Overall, it's a really good rendition of the Ballad but it's not too suited for what's going on and is too short.
I'm giving my vote, reluctantly (I wanted some more Ballad action), to the Shadow Temple for the aforementioned reasons that work against the Song of Awakening.

Bracket:
Shadow Temple: 1
Song of Awakening: 0

Please remember to copy and paste the bracket or your vote will not count.

Here's the current list. Losers are deleted, Winners italicized, Those in wait for their day are in normal font.
1. Midna's Lament ~ TP
3. Song of Healing ~ MM
4. Majora's Theme ~ MM
5. Bolero of Fire ~ OoT
6. Dark World ~ ALttP
9. Gerudo Valley ~ OoT
11. Oath to Order ~ MM
14. Tal Tal Heights ~ LA
16. Stone Tower Temple ~ MM
17. Deku Scrub Palace ~ MM
18. Dragon Roost Island ~ TWW
19. Ocarina of Time Medley ~ SSBB
20. Song of Storms ~ SSBB
22. Clock Town Day 1 ~ MM
24. Kotake and Koume's Theme ~ OoT
28. Hyrule Castle ~ TP
29. Palace of the Winds ~ TMC
30. Shadow Temple ~ OoT
31. Zelda II Overworld theme ~ TAoL
32. Song of Time ~ OoT
33. Title and Ending Credits ~ TWW
34. Clock Town Day 2 ~ MM
35. Song of Awakening ~ LA
38. Blizzeta Theme #2 ~ TP
39. Nocturne of Shadow ~ OoT
40. Midna's theme ~ TP
42. Clock Town Day 3 ~ MM
44. Lon Lon Ranch ~ OoT
50. Forest Temple ~ OoT
52. The Great Sea ~ TWW
53. Puppet Zelda Theme ~ TP
55. Spirit Temple ~ OoT
57. Tarm Ruins ~ OoS
58. Earth God Lyric ~ TWW
63. Credits ~ TP
#2GoldenPineapplePosted 7/29/2009 10:40:41 PM
Shadow Temple: 2
Song of Awakening: 0
#3GoFigure746Posted 7/29/2009 10:43:03 PM
Song of Awakening: 1

No clue why, though.
---
Put this in your Sig if you survived the Spinner Outbreak of July 23, 2009 on the Zelda Wii Boards. Unfortunately, I didn't.
#4MetaYoshi64Posted 7/29/2009 10:45:05 PM
After 10 seconds of Song of Awakening, I loved it.

(I didn't copypaste, I typed it from memory. Are you proud mum?)
---
IMMA LUIGI, NUMBER ONE!
~*VideoGameMasterRed*~
#5MetaYoshi64Posted 7/29/2009 10:45:54 PM
Dammit

Song of Awakening: 2
---
IMMA LUIGI, NUMBER ONE!
~*VideoGameMasterRed*~
#6Dirty_HaroldPosted 7/29/2009 10:47:26 PM
Shadow Temple: 3
#7GoldenPineapplePosted 7/29/2009 10:48:06 PM
(I didn't copypaste, I typed it from memory. Are you proud mum?)

If you had just copy and pasted it instead of typing it out you probably would have posted it in time.
#8MrLuffyDonoPosted 7/29/2009 10:51:04 PM
The Shadow Temple theme is atmospheric up the arse. It fits the tone of the dungeon so perfectly. The eerie, seemingly out-of-place touches just add to the idea of nothing really being what it seems in the Shadow Temple. Certainly a trend with all of the Ocarina of Time dungeon themes.

Now, for the Song of Awakening: I'll concede that it is probably more of a traditional song. A tad catchy, as well. I'm sure there's reasons to prefer it over the dungeon themes, however, I just have to give it to The Shadow Temple for being such a spot-on compliment to the dungeon itself.

Shadow Temple: 3
---
-{Insert Mindless Psycho Babble Here}-
#9qweasd328Posted 7/29/2009 10:51:48 PM
Shadow Temple: 4
#10MrLuffyDonoPosted 7/29/2009 10:52:15 PM
...See what my analysis gets me?

Shadow Temple: 4
---