Nintendo talks Zelda - Skyward Sword details, series' future, Wii U demo, etc.

#1gamezbox12Posted 7/27/2011 8:00:58 PM
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=157631&sid=75a99952626681d857de5b5af2009f65
---
pokemon white fc code 0432-7823-1585
pokemon platinum fc code 2493-6526-3591
#2Tenroh2012Posted 7/27/2011 8:06:35 PM
May or may not be part of Hyrule...
we're going to Termina! :)
---
1 Corinthains 6:9-10. There are no more excuses.
#3cloneofshadowPosted 7/27/2011 8:14:36 PM
For those of you who might not be able to click the link (mobile users)

The following information comes from the three video interviews we posted earlier...

- Majora's Mask was done in Japan before localization in the states started
- Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess both used simultaneous localization
- there were some finer details in the story that were changed in these projects
- Skyward Sword ties into Ocarina of Time
- Nintendo fears that if they put out an official timeline, they'll be limited with future Zelda ideas
- There is a a master document for the Zelda timeline, but it's kept under wraps
- it contains overall plans for the series
- Skyward Sword will be 'tremendously expansive'
- Nintendo says there's nothing else like it as far as motion control goes
- Looking at holiday release this year
- More details on Golden Wiimomte and other info later on
- More events and activities surrounding Zelda to come
- Skyward Sword blends overworld and dungeon elements
- more puzzle and exploration than before
- Bill Trinen hasn't finished the game yet, but he believes it to be one of his favorite Zelda games ever
- the Wii U tech demo doesn't necessarily show where Nintendo will go with Zelda on Wii U
- Skyward Sword starts off in Skyloft
- The game kicks off with a series of events that sets Link on an adventure below the clouds to save Zelda
- the game involves lots of mystery elements, including why you can't quite catch up to Zelda when trying to rescue her
- Link's female companion isn't the sword exactly, but a spirit in the sword
- she guides Link on his adventure
- Ghirahim is following Link at one point, but Link isn't aware of it
- The E3 battle with Ghirahim is the first time Link comes in contact with him
- You don't know why he is going after Zelda
- there are a lot of new character races in Skyward Sword, more than what we've seen at E3
- you will visit familiar places in Skyward Sword, but they may or may not be part of Hyrule
---
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite : 56 Large Monsters
Monster Hunter Tri : Less than 20
#4Someguy_13Posted 7/27/2011 8:19:59 PM(edited)
I would be down with visiting Labrynna or Holodrum.
They're obviously important if the goddesses had oracles there.

it probably just means the Siren world or whatever it's called though.
---
Brawl FC: 1633-3855-5205
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#5SMASHKING84Posted 7/27/2011 8:33:11 PM
"Nintendo fears that if they put out an official timeline, they'll be limited with future Zelda ideas" imo this makes NO since how would releasing the timeline limit them in the future unless the timeline shows how every zelda game from now until the end of time connects? seriously would it be so hard to show us it then add another game to seris i mean us knowing the timeline has literally no effect on it so what if ppl whine about the offical timeline it could be just loz and aol right after and there would still be ppl who disagree with it proof:nintendo said theres a timeline ppl still say there aint(showing them would silence these trolls ) nintendo siad the timeline split ppl stay say it doesnt hell i even seen some ppl argure things like phantom hourglass was a dream(proof its not linebeck if it was a dream how could it produce someone who is obviously real?)
---
Twilight Princess is the best zelda people who agree:33 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpaXnL9t4s0
#6kinglink13Posted 7/27/2011 8:54:32 PM
- Skyward Sword will be 'tremendously expansive'
Yes:)
- Looking at holiday release this year
I want a release date so bad
- More details on Golden Wiimomte and other info later on
Soon hopefully
- more puzzle and exploration than before
I love this:D
- Bill Trinen hasn't finished the game yet, but he believes it to be one of his favorite Zelda games ever
Good:)
- there are a lot of new character races in Skyward Sword, more than what we've seen at E3
Really excited to see them:)
- you will visit familiar places in Skyward Sword, but they may or may not be part of Hyrule
Does this mean we could also see Termina?
#7Tzuba12Posted 7/27/2011 8:57:53 PM
This game is gonna be freakin amazing.
#8GoombacrusherPosted 7/27/2011 9:15:45 PM
I'm on a phone right now so I canlt break it down by each bullet point like I usually do, but I'l just say this: This game will be the s***.

I really like how much love Nintendo is putting into this game. I know I should assume it's just marketing, but that part about the guy thinking this is the best Zelda game made me excited a bit more. It's obviouss at this point that this game will definitely be something special, that's for sure
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ngrybh
Honestly, it doesn't get more badass than cutting a giant crocodile's head off with your bare hands, does it?
#9Meta289Posted 7/27/2011 9:25:17 PM
The area that's not Hyrule will be the Ordon Province, which, if you recall, was not considered part of Hyrule, as Rusl mentions that you've never been to Hyrule at the beginning of the game.
---
#10SepewrathPosted 7/27/2011 9:47:02 PM

SMASHKING84 posted...
"Nintendo fears that if they put out an official timeline, they'll be limited with future Zelda ideas" imo this makes NO since how would releasing the timeline limit them in the future unless the timeline shows how every zelda game from now until the end of time connects?

Because lets say they decided to put Ganondorf in this game, "Oh wait, you cant do that, because Ganondorf, didn't show up until Ocarina of Time" That's how it limiting. When people say that Ganon got the Trident in X game, then Ganon cant have the Trident in any game before that. And the more and more games they make that aren't direct sequels like Majora's Mask and Phantom Hourglass, the less and less real estate they would have to work with.

Take for example, how people say that Twilight Princess happens and then what is it suppose to be, Four Swords? If they wanted to make a game that happened in between there, the events would be written in stone before they even made the game. Meaning to have even limited freedom, they could only add to the very beginning and the very end of the timeline. That's why they don't abide by any timeline and just leave it for the fans to do whatever they want.

Anyway, cant wait to play this one.