Ganon/Demise connection? (SPOILERS)

#1metalheadjake12Posted 12/19/2011 10:29:34 PM
It was pretty clear that Demise is either A) the source of power for Ganon, or B) Ganon is Demise's mortal form, much like Zelda is Hylia's mortal form. So I wonder how Demise comes to be Ganon?

Ganon's first chronological appearance is in OoT, so I wonder how Demise was able to escape the seal of the Master Sword and become born again as Ganon (awesome Anti-Christ references).

Another likely theory is that Ganondorf was just a regular man, and when he entered the Sacred Realm in OoT, he possessed Ganondorf, and after escaping his prison when Link pulled the Master Sword out of its pedestal.

However, given Demise's and Ganondorf's similar physical apperance, I think it's more likely that Ganondorf was already Demise (in mortal form) from birth.

Thoughts?
---
Personal gaming blog: Chesthighwalls.net
#2Blind_The_ThiefPosted 12/19/2011 10:32:38 PM
Demise creates Ganon at the end of the game. They aren't the same being.
---
Ridley will be playable in SSB4. If he is not, I will close my account.
#3metalheadjake12(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2011 10:33:31 PM
"Creates him"? Which part is that?
---
#4Blind_The_ThiefPosted 12/19/2011 10:36:07 PM
At the end of the game, when Demise says an incarnation of his hatred will follow Link and Zelda's descendants.
---
#5metalheadjake12(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2011 10:39:14 PM
Hmm, yeah, given that in OoT Ganondorf doesn't recognize Link, then I suppose it would be fair assume that Ganon is not the same being as Demise. Though, if we were to bring religious parallels into this, if Demise is like the "Satan" of the Zeldaverse, that would make Ganon the "anti-christ"

Interesting.
---
#6RethalwolfPosted 12/19/2011 10:39:36 PM
I stand by that I don't think he's MAKING a curse, he's just informing Link that BECAUSE of the curse laid upon the three entities by the goddesses, Link's efforts were, ultimately, futile.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#7Cheko2015Posted 12/19/2011 10:49:25 PM
At the end of the game, when Demise says an incarnation of his hatred will follow Link and Zelda's descendants.
---

The key word there is incarnation not creation. In the same way Zelda is the incarnation of Hylia in that they are the same being with Zelda being Hylia reborn in a mortal being; Ganondorf is the incarnation of Demise as they are the same being. Ganondorf in the future Zelda series however never gets his memory of his past life when he was the Demon King Demise. This is in contrast to the first Zelda getting her memories of being Hylia. That is why we never see him claim to be Demise or share Demise's knowledge. Also while Ganondorf is reborn from Demise he still has his own life, his own memories, and his own upbringings. That is the whole point of reincarnation. Inside the new body is the same "soul" from before but in entirely new circumstances and a new life. That is why Ganondorf seems ot have his own distinct personality and his own distinct motives (like his speech at the end of WW concerning the Gerudo) separate from Demise. His essence and core goal/ personality traits still remain though. He is still evil and has a lust for power so he can rule the land.

But this can also be seen in Zelda. In SS, she also has her own personality and motives independent of Hylia. She has a newfound partiality and love for skyloft in its a citizens (her Father, Groose, Link) that she could not have as Hylia. This is because she grew up with these people as one of them instead of merely just creating their home and guarding them. With that being said she still has her core traits throughout all her incarnations as Link has his core traits through his incarnations too.

In closing, Ganondorf is not a creation of Demise. Demise does not possess Ganondorf. Instead Ganondorf is the mortal reincarnation of Demise much in the same way Zelda is the mortal reincarnation of Hylia and all the Links are reincarnations of the "spirit of the Hero"
---
Convictioniist "Sigs: Serious Business"
#8RethalwolfPosted 12/19/2011 10:52:11 PM
^And it's the hatred of Demise, blood of the Goddess, and spirit of the Hero.
---
"The point of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the enemy die for his."
#9Cheko2015Posted 12/19/2011 11:10:04 PM
^And it's the hatred of Demise, blood of the Goddess, and spirit of the Hero.
---

Did I say anything contradictory to this. I even named the Spirit of the Hero. I guess if you want to get technical the other official names for the reincarnations are the blood of the goddess and the "hatred of Demise" (which is never explicitly worded this way or given the title this way like the other two in the game btw). But regardless, its all the same and they are all just reincarnations of each. This game just shows why Link, Ganondorf, and Zelda keep reincarnating again and again. And it even shows their pre-mortal life forms (aside from Link).
---
Convictioniist "Sigs: Serious Business"
#10RethalwolfPosted 12/19/2011 11:19:38 PM
I wasn't correcting you, I was only adding on that it is Demise's hatred that lives on, likely through ganondorf, as Link's spirit lives on, through future Links, and the blood of the goddess lives on, by genetics and by the curse laid down by the goddesses. That's why ganondorf wouldn't be able to access those memories; first off, demise didn't prepare special rituals that would restore "previous life" memory loss (even though it's not Demise that lives in Ganondorf but his hatred), and second, he isn't a direct relative, so there's no possibility of genetic memory or anything.
---