Left-handedness point

#11avengah(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2012 5:42:02 PM(edited)
Indeed - in fact, it's almost as if TP was always intended to be mirrored; simply compare TP Wii's map to LTTP and you'll see that Kakariko Village is to the west and Lake Hylia is to the southeast in both games.

Although it was nice seeing all those left-handed enemies and NPCs in TP, it made me realise that in the GC version, they're ALL right-handed. Link and the Hero's Spirit are seemingly the ONLY lefties in the game, which is far less than 10%, and hardly representative.

No spoilers please, but how are the enemies and NPCs in this game? I read that different enemies shield from different angles; are some of them or some of the NPCs left-handed?
---
My Pre-Hooktail Pit Run of Paper Mario: TTYD without Mega Rush P!
Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5045EE00B4B9581F
#12LegendofLink17Posted 4/26/2012 6:43:35 PM
Not sure, but I some of them probably are. And quite honestly, I think you're looking into this way too much :p
---
Mentsch tracht, Gott lacht.
#13Ecclesiastes273Posted 4/26/2012 11:09:48 PM
ITT: BAW, LEFTIES ARE OPPRESSED

I am a left-dominant ambi. I write, throw, and carry two-handed objects like baseball bats left-handed. I play violin and guitar, and play the Wii "right-handed". How do I live life in the face of such existential confusion? I deal with it.

Link now being right-handed by default makes complete sense, and flipping it around would be a minor, minor gimmick that would make Wii games unplayable if the controls were flipped to represent it.
---
Official Vet of the MHFU Message Board.
Official ETERNAL DESTROYER of the super mega ultimate DRAGON DESTROYERS(tm).
#14avengah(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2012 11:18:21 PM
A minor, minor gimmick that purists and people who hold the remote in their left hand would really appreciate. Remember, I hold it in my right hand so I'm really not bothered, but this topic has raised some interesting, entertaining discussion!

If I'm reading too much into this, what about all the gimps who constantly try to work out the timeline etc., something I couldn't really care less about?
---
#15NextGen_TBPosted 4/27/2012 1:32:37 AM
Y'know, I have a lefty friend. He complains about EVERYTHING imaginable. Seriously, give him 10$ and he will go into a huge load of crap about poverty or some s***. And you wouldn't imagine the list he has for this game. But you know what? Not once have I heard him whine about how this game favors righties, and I have NEVER heard someone whine as much as you do.

In short: GET OVER IT. As if your whining here can change anything or affect anything other than how we think of you (going downhill fast, btw). Send a letter to Nintendo that will be skimmed for .2 seconds if you feel so strongly about it.
---
It's better than logic, it's Nintendo Logic!
"....I completely, utterly, most profusely DESPISE Lucas... Lucas will NEVER be cool." - silversunsspu
#16CatMutoPosted 4/27/2012 2:52:43 AM
Personally, I would've preferred Link to have remained left handed in Skyward Sword.
I will not count the Wii Version of Twilight Princess because I learned to love in on the GC and that is the only version I will play. Whole mirror bull****...

I understand them putting the sword into the right hand since the majority of humanity is right handed, but they could've made him use the other items with his left hand. The target point would've been exactly the same, just the animation of the primary hand would've been different.

What really annoyed me is that they put the Triforce of Courage onto his right hand. That thing was always on his left hand and I would've much preferred it to have remained there. Screw turning Link righthanded for the righthanded people, that thing had no reason to be put onto the Right hand as well.

C-A
---
A woman always has the last word in an argument. Say something against it, you just started a new argument.
#17imagine606Posted 4/27/2012 9:44:14 AM
avengah posted...
While that is true, how about this? Righties hardly ever have to adapt for anything, so making them adapt ONCE isn't going to kill them.

Or maybe, since they've never had to do it, they *shock* wouldn't be able to cope!

The fact is, 90% is far from 100%, and most of the world favours righties. One exception couldn't possibly hurt. To be fair, maybe 90% of things should be righty-friendly, but not 100% of things, 100% of the time, surely! I'm not just talking about games; think about tools, instruments etc.

The product would completely flop.

In Japan 50-60+ years ago being left handed was actually seen as a very bad thing, and left handed kids were taught to do everything with their right hand, even if it was perfectly easy for them to do it with their left hand. At least we don't live in a society like that today.

Enough with the victim complex though, nobody feels sorry for you. Things are always going to be made in the most marketable way for the masses. Therefore nobody's going to make a product that's made for left handed people unless it's only planned on being sold to lefties.
#18avengah(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2012 10:47:17 AM
Why do I have to keep reminding people that I am unbiased, not complaining and simply trying to generate interesting discussion?
---
#19DragonarhPosted 4/27/2012 1:11:06 PM
avengah posted...
Why do I have to keep reminding people that I am unbiased, not complaining and simply trying to generate interesting discussion?

maybe it's because you fail at sounding unbiased and just come off as whining....
---
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes;
That way when you criticize them you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes. :D
#20PerascaminPosted 4/27/2012 1:25:31 PM
Does it even matter which hand Link uses to swing his sword? Honestly, if something that small bothers you then you just have problems.

Fact remains, this topic is very, very unneeded and in truth, really is complaining.
---
My sig is the sig that will be legendary!