Do you think the ocarina is made of timeshift stone?

#1Relient_DPosted 4/30/2012 8:41:36 AM
This just randomly occurred to me. I was curious if anyone had ever considered this small detail?
#2DecaprePosted 4/30/2012 9:03:17 AM(edited)
Nope its been confirmed that the ocarina was carved from an oak tree.
---
Is it wrong to have a fangirl crush on Chun Li?
#3Luigi4PresidentPosted 4/30/2012 11:40:11 AM
Nah, I honestly doubt Nintendo could think that far in advance you know?
---
Tell me if you think Luigi should be president! Agreers: 15
Official President of the Paper Mario 3DS board!
#4Reaper115Posted 4/30/2012 12:21:27 PM
Luigi4President posted...
Nah, I honestly doubt Nintendo could think that far in advance you know?

this. But it's a cool idea...

We can just pretend :D
#5OoT_ExpertPosted 4/30/2012 12:57:03 PM
Actually, in Hyrule Historia, it was confirmed that the OoT was in fact made out of timeshift stones if I remember correctly. (Don't ask for a link because I don't remember where I saw it since it was months ago.)
---
Check lrastart.org for details on our upcoming video game marathons (it's an L, not an i BTW). Come in and have fun.
#6Wings of FortePosted 4/30/2012 1:38:12 PM
Both the Ocarina, the Door of Time, and the Blocks of Time are made of timeshift stone.
---
A.K.A Red Dingo
#7Redmage807Posted 4/30/2012 1:46:28 PM
And what is Timeshift Stone made out of, you ask? Bacon, the timeshift stone is made out of Bacon.
#8Muljo StphoPosted 4/30/2012 2:26:06 PM(edited)
I've seen the idea suggested before.

Personally, I kind of doubt that there could be a connection.

Timeshift stones give every indication of magically transforming nearby terrain and objects when struck, and that's all that they do (despite the implication of time travel in the name)... at least in their raw form. (The talk about the robots needing it as some sort of power source implies that they refine it somehow so that its power can be controlled and harnessed internally within their mechanisms. (I actually had this kind of out there theory on that. My idea was that the "robots" are really some sort of Dalek-like life support system for some creature hiding inside. The creature is already dead but the timeshift magic keeps it in a living state. I was also thinking that these creatures could be the early ancestors of the Oocca.))

The Ocarina of Time, on the other hand, really does have time manipulation properties. And its power is harnessed specifically through song. If it was made of timeshift stone it would be a very dangerous object to be around because any slightest bump should set it off. (And recall that the robots specifically warned us that the stones were dangerous for humans. We can assume that the only reason Link was fine around them was because the Goddess Sword / Master Sword protected him from the transformation magic (like it does in TP.))

Of course, by my own observation about the stones being refined to alter and control their properties for use as some sort of fuel for the robots, one could also propose that the ocarina is made of some sort of heavily refined version of it that has undergone some processing that eliminates impact activation completely.

On that note... how about those crystal switches littered throughout pretty much the entire series? Heavily refined timeshift stone that is still impact activated but controls the flow of energy so that none of its power radiates outward?

I still have my doubts, but there's something to think about if you do think there's a connection.

---
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby
#9depperdPosted 4/30/2012 4:56:18 PM
"Hyrule Historia describes the glow given off by the Ocarina of Time as reminiscent of the glow of an active Timeshift Stone, but does not go into further detail on what connection, if any, the two objects may have." ~ Zeldapedia

That's what Zeldapedia says. It seems Nintendo decided to keep it a bit mysterious.
So, it might be, but it might just as well not be made out of timeshift stones.
---
I won't change this sig until I've found 100 Flogging Molly fans. Current count: 24
Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaesterTed
#10AttackingCuckooPosted 4/30/2012 6:29:49 PM

If it is made of stone this would explain why it doesn't break when Zelda chucks it into the river and skull kid drops it.