Do you think the ocarina is made of timeshift stone?

#11Reaper115Posted 5/1/2012 10:59:55 AM
AttackingCuckoo posted...
If it is made of stone this would explain why it doesn't break when Zelda chucks it into the river and skull kid drops it.

I have a ceramic replica of the Ocarina, and it is freaking tough. Just saying.
#12JetAurionPosted 5/1/2012 3:59:05 PM
Maybe it's actually made of Timeshift Stones. Hit it with a sword; you never know.
---
No bra can withstand the might of Haku's heaving chesticles.
-UriChan
#13gamingratPosted 5/1/2012 5:36:50 PM
It would help explain a little about how you travel through time in MM.
#14wesker741Posted 5/1/2012 8:55:02 PM
It's obviously made from cheap plastic.
---
Not changing this sig until Barry Burton is a main character in a canon RE game: Started 3/5/2012
#15Muljo StphoPosted 5/1/2012 9:09:21 PM
"Hyrule Historia describes the glow given off by the Ocarina of Time as reminiscent of the glow of an active Timeshift Stone, but does not go into further detail on what connection, if any, the two objects may have." ~ Zeldapedia

So that's the "confirmation" referred to earlier in this topic? (Don't get me wrong, it's still an interesting bit of information. But it's a statement comparing appearance, not a definitive statement about the ocarina's material composition.)

I'd still have to lean really heavily on my suggestion of a refinement process to alter the stone's properties if there is a connection though. To me, timeshift stones and the Ocarina of Time just seem way too different.

Timeshift is more about a magic that reads the history of affected objects and transforms them to resemble the ancient past. Very very old creatures (those electric snail things) become young again (their little ball shaped counterparts). Broken down ancient machines and mechanisms become functional and powered up again. Old bones become a living creature again. Even the dust of the desert reverts to the grass and flowers that once grew there. And young things affected by this magic (some keese in at least one part of the game, and presumably Link is being protected or else this would apply to him too) just simply cease to exist.

It's also possible to propose that the magic works by some sort of rewind effect, considering in at least one part there are the stone pillars that rise from under the sand when affected and sink back under the sand when unaffected. At any rate, this magic field that does all this stuff radiates out from the stone when it absorbs energy from an impact. If the Ocarina of Time is made of timeshift stone it seems to be safe to handle it without having to worry about triggering it with impact energy. Its powers are only activated by the sound vibrations that it produces.

The Ocarina of Time, has several different types of functions based on which song you play on it. It can make time seem to fly by the user with the Sun's Song. It can mess with the atmosphere to create rain with the Song of Storms. The Song of Time can push objects through time if used in the right place and time. (This extends to pushing a person through time when Zelda uses it at the end of OoT or any time Link uses it in MM.) Songs associated with a certain person (Saria) or creature (Epona) can be played to trigger telepathic communication (or in Epona's case, just to call her to you). And then there are all the various teleportation songs that carry you to special stone slabs that seem to be built for exactly that purpose.

By the way, we did have a different ocarina before that one that also had magical properties (even if it was only made of wood and wasn't as super duper special as the Ocarina of Time). Every song that we could get before getting the Ocarina of Time worked exactly the same on both ocarinas. So... if the Ocarina of Time is made from timeshift stone, I guess that alone doesn't explain all of the ocarina's powers. (I don't think it explains any of its powers, but there are some things that definitely are possible without it being that exact material.)
---
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby
#16OasisOfTheSandPosted 5/2/2012 2:24:38 AM

Actually, in Hyrule Historia, it was confirmed that the OoT was in fact made out of timeshift stones if I remember correctly. (Don't ask for a link because I don't remember where I saw it since it was months ago.)

It was hinted at IIRC.
---
Lanayru Sand Sea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weT8_6nqaCE
#17Tempest of ShadowsPosted 5/2/2012 5:48:15 AM

So that's the "confirmation" referred to earlier in this topic? (Don't get me wrong, it's still an interesting bit of information. But it's a statement comparing appearance, not a definitive statement about the ocarina's material composition.)

I think an early translation of the book said the Ocarina was actually made from timeshift stones. I remember reading that confirmation that was mentioned, but it looks like the translation has been updated to reference only the appearance since that time.
---
Fringes of Algo - Phantasy Star Community - http://www.psalgo.com/