Somebody tell me there's a real final dungeon...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
  3. Somebody tell me there's a real final dungeon...
4 years ago#11
Yes it was a recycling of the previous dungeons, but I feel that was the point. By going through this dungeon, the player knew that they were getting close to the end of the game. And also it was a way to test the player on the various skills they learned/gained throughout the game.
Check lrastart.org for details on our upcoming video game marathons (it's an L, not an i BTW). Come in and have fun.
4 years ago#12
It's no better/wores than WW's and OoT's final dungeon.
4 years ago#13
MrL1193 posted...
I wasn't nearly as impressed with Sky Keep as a lot of people seem to be. Most of the rooms just recycle themes from previous dungeons (and even a mini-boss, at two points). The main puzzle gimmick is cool, but that's about it, really.

Fixed.
I won't change this sig until I've found 100 Flogging Molly fans. Current count: 24
Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaesterTed
4 years ago#14
I thought Sky Keep was brilliant. The design of it was genius.
5372 0620 2714 - Pokemon White FC < Default
3868 8902 3434 - Pokemon Black FC
4 years ago#15
Loved sky keep. It's a great design just play it. And as someone has said, reusing themes was nothing new, but this time it actually did something fun and thought provoking with it.
Mentsch tracht, Gott lacht.
4 years ago#16
OP: There is nothing great about the dungeon, I think it was average or above except for something that you find inside that should be every Zelda fan's dream.

dark trunks posted...

There are a couple of things stopping me from replaying the game right away , but I dread having to repeat this dungeon in the future.

The fact the game took 50 hours to complete is what stopped me from replaying it right away lol

MrL1193 posted...
I wasn't nearly as impressed with Sky Keep as a lot of people seem to be. Most of the rooms just recycle themes from previous dungeons (and even a mini-boss, at one point). The main puzzle gimmick is cool, but that's about it, really.

You realize that was the point right?
4 years ago#17
A_MAZ_ING posted...
OP: There is nothing great about the dungeon, I think it was average or above except for something that you find inside that should be every Zelda fan's dream.

dark trunks posted...

There are a couple of things stopping me from replaying the game right away , but I dread having to repeat this dungeon in the future.

The fact the game took 50 hours to complete is what stopped me from replaying it right away lol

MrL1193 posted...
I wasn't nearly as impressed with Sky Keep as a lot of people seem to be. Most of the rooms just recycle themes from previous dungeons (and even a mini-boss, at one point). The main puzzle gimmick is cool, but that's about it, really.

You realize that was the point right?

Ha ha, man I read your post and I didn't see your comment below the quote of my post. I thought your "you realize that was the point-" was to both of us.

Yeah, there's that too. But I do love that it took as long as it did to finish, even with the irritating and the boring moments. I'd take this over a 3-5 hour FPS/TPS any day.

I can understand that, though. I played Morrowind for something like 200 hours. It took me two years and a computer switch before I started it over ha ha. Now I have a house full of unique gear and I never want to do it again, you know?
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
4 years ago#18
Super_Master23 posted...
At least try it first. It's a cool way of wrapping up the past dungeons and it's a throwback to the original Zelda.

how is it a throwback to the original Zelda? Did I miss something?

But yeah I though it was okay at best. The design was too simple to be that spectacular, in my opinion. Just block sliding that was so easy it was hardly even there.
4 years ago#19
The game in general has smaller dungeons than previous games.
Not changing sig until the Seahawks win the Super Bowl
4 years ago#20
Sky Keep pretty much has the best puzzles in the game. And I mean inside of the individual chambers, not the dungeon itself.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
  3. Somebody tell me there's a real final dungeon...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived