Somebody tell me there's a real final dungeon...

#11OoT_ExpertPosted 4/30/2012 5:06:44 PM
Yes it was a recycling of the previous dungeons, but I feel that was the point. By going through this dungeon, the player knew that they were getting close to the end of the game. And also it was a way to test the player on the various skills they learned/gained throughout the game.
---
Check lrastart.org for details on our upcoming video game marathons (it's an L, not an i BTW). Come in and have fun.
#12DragonImpsPosted 4/30/2012 5:26:20 PM
It's no better/wores than WW's and OoT's final dungeon.
#13depperdPosted 4/30/2012 5:58:49 PM
MrL1193 posted...
I wasn't nearly as impressed with Sky Keep as a lot of people seem to be. Most of the rooms just recycle themes from previous dungeons (and even a mini-boss, at two points). The main puzzle gimmick is cool, but that's about it, really.

Fixed.
---
I won't change this sig until I've found 100 Flogging Molly fans. Current count: 24
Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaesterTed
#14CWtennisPosted 4/30/2012 6:07:28 PM
I thought Sky Keep was brilliant. The design of it was genius.
---
5372 0620 2714 - Pokemon White FC < Default
3868 8902 3434 - Pokemon Black FC
#15LegendofLink17Posted 4/30/2012 6:39:55 PM
Loved sky keep. It's a great design just play it. And as someone has said, reusing themes was nothing new, but this time it actually did something fun and thought provoking with it.
---
Mentsch tracht, Gott lacht.
#16A_MAZ_INGPosted 4/30/2012 6:55:11 PM
OP: There is nothing great about the dungeon, I think it was average or above except for something that you find inside that should be every Zelda fan's dream.

dark trunks posted...

There are a couple of things stopping me from replaying the game right away , but I dread having to repeat this dungeon in the future.

The fact the game took 50 hours to complete is what stopped me from replaying it right away lol

MrL1193 posted...
I wasn't nearly as impressed with Sky Keep as a lot of people seem to be. Most of the rooms just recycle themes from previous dungeons (and even a mini-boss, at one point). The main puzzle gimmick is cool, but that's about it, really.

You realize that was the point right?
#17dark trunksPosted 4/30/2012 7:55:30 PM
A_MAZ_ING posted...
OP: There is nothing great about the dungeon, I think it was average or above except for something that you find inside that should be every Zelda fan's dream.

dark trunks posted...

There are a couple of things stopping me from replaying the game right away , but I dread having to repeat this dungeon in the future.

The fact the game took 50 hours to complete is what stopped me from replaying it right away lol

MrL1193 posted...
I wasn't nearly as impressed with Sky Keep as a lot of people seem to be. Most of the rooms just recycle themes from previous dungeons (and even a mini-boss, at one point). The main puzzle gimmick is cool, but that's about it, really.

You realize that was the point right?

Ha ha, man I read your post and I didn't see your comment below the quote of my post. I thought your "you realize that was the point-" was to both of us.

Yeah, there's that too. But I do love that it took as long as it did to finish, even with the irritating and the boring moments. I'd take this over a 3-5 hour FPS/TPS any day.

I can understand that, though. I played Morrowind for something like 200 hours. It took me two years and a computer switch before I started it over ha ha. Now I have a house full of unique gear and I never want to do it again, you know?
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
#18Reaper115Posted 5/1/2012 11:23:25 AM
Super_Master23 posted...
At least try it first. It's a cool way of wrapping up the past dungeons and it's a throwback to the original Zelda.

how is it a throwback to the original Zelda? Did I miss something?

But yeah I though it was okay at best. The design was too simple to be that spectacular, in my opinion. Just block sliding that was so easy it was hardly even there.
#19DarkMark42Posted 5/1/2012 11:49:51 AM
The game in general has smaller dungeons than previous games.
---
Not changing sig until the Seahawks win the Super Bowl
#20TUnit10Posted 5/1/2012 11:53:15 AM
Sky Keep pretty much has the best puzzles in the game. And I mean inside of the individual chambers, not the dungeon itself.