Is a Loftwing basically a Chocobo 2.0?

#1wesker741Posted 4/30/2012 4:58:25 PM
Topic
---
Not changing this sig until Barry Burton is a main character in a canon RE game: Started 3/5/2012
#2The_BonesPosted 4/30/2012 5:11:33 PM
Chocobos are way better than loftwings if you include the special ones like the black and gold chocobos.
#3GoombacrusherPosted 4/30/2012 6:25:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu0jWKWPuS0
---
http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23BringBackToonami
Get Adult Swim to permanently bring back the greatest programming block ever!
#4Muljo StphoPosted 4/30/2012 8:13:12 PM
Chocobos are way better than loftwings if you include the special ones like the black and gold chocobos.

Yay, after countless generations of inbreeding with just the right non-inbred DNA introduced at just the right times along the way my chocobo can finally climb any mountain and run on water. (Meanwhile, every Loftwing can ****ing fly everywhere (regardless of color.))

(After writing that I did a quick search just to make sure I wasn't forgetting something.... Apparently I was, because I don't remember chocobos being able to fly in FF9.)
---
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby
#5sumostickfigurePosted 4/30/2012 8:29:45 PM
(Meanwhile, every Loftwing can ****ing fly everywhere (regardless of color.))\

Except bellow the clouds.
---
If you want a picture of the future imagine a boot stamping on a human face forever.
http://s417.photobucket.com/albums/pp257/sumostickfigure/th_Nightanim1.gif
#6Muljo StphoPosted 4/30/2012 10:35:20 PM(edited)
Fair enough. (Although, to really be fair, nothing besides Scrapper seems to be capable of penetrating the cloud layer anyway just because it's the divine barrier protecting that realm by isolating it. Remove the protective cloud layer from around Skyloft and I think it'd be a different story.) Still, chocobos are typically more like really fancy and stupid horses in the way they're used in many of the Final Fantasy worlds. They're typically large flightless birds, more like emus and ostriches.

Also, my other point there was that, with the exception of Link's red one, the Loftwing's colors don't indicate anything. So there's that difference from Chocobos too. (Although... come to think of it... which besides FF7 (and I think also Tactics and Crystal Bearers) have featured any color besides yellow anyway?)

---
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby
#7GorillaGDPosted 4/30/2012 10:35:46 PM
They're actually downgraded Ho-Ohs
#8depperdPosted 5/1/2012 2:58:44 AM
Muljo Stpho posted...
Fair enough. (Although, to really be fair, nothing besides Scrapper seems to be capable of penetrating the cloud layer anyway just because it's the divine barrier protecting that realm by isolating it. Remove the protective cloud layer from around Skyloft and I think it'd be a different story.)

You don't even have to think it. You know it. (If you've seen the ending, at least).
---
I won't change this sig until I've found 100 Flogging Molly fans. Current count: 24
Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaesterTed
#9LegendofLegaiaPosted 5/1/2012 3:10:05 AM
Muljo Stpho posted...
Also, my other point there was that, with the exception of Link's red one, the Loftwing's colors don't indicate anything. So there's that difference from Chocobos too. (Although... come to think of it... which besides FF7 (and I think also Tactics and Crystal Bearers) have featured any color besides yellow anyway?)

FFIV had black chocobos and they could fly.
---
AC Cloud: If I win, are my sins forgiven?
FFVII Cloud: Not you again.
#10LegendofLegaiaPosted 5/1/2012 3:15:57 AM
Muljo Stpho posted...

FFIV had black chocobos that could fly.
---
AC Cloud: If I win, are my sins forgiven?
FFVII Cloud: Not you again.