In the original LoZ, how could you tell............

#1youngmaster527Posted 6/30/2012 4:37:16 AM
which dungeons were level 1,2 etc. did you simply guess by difficulty or something?
#2youngmaster527(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2012 4:43:24 AM
i posted this here cause no one in wiiu is responding and the original Loz board is dead
#3TheEighthSagePosted 6/30/2012 4:45:31 AM
Actually if memory serves(it's been a while since I played the original) it displays it on the top left of the screen above your map.. It also most definitely says on the map on the inventory subscreen.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2964-8909-6218
Official Modern Pit of the Kid Icarus: Uprising board!
#4The Blob2000Posted 6/30/2012 4:40:42 PM(edited)
Exploring. No joke, that was just how you did it. The world map in the LoZ was just a big white rectangle with your current location.

The second quest still gives me trouble to this day with finding the dungeon locations.

EDIT: Oh, as for the number, that was displayed. My mistake, should have read your post a little closer.
---
Women just want to take your money and eat all your raisin bread.
Parking meters! And you're walking around! Ha ha ha That's so funny.
#5TheEighthSagePosted 6/30/2012 4:44:49 PM
@ above True, but what I think what TC was asking is how one knew they were in the "right order," being that there isn't a set order other than numerical. Though that reminds me, the original manual says that there was a consequence of collecting the Triforce shards out of numerical order. Wonder what that was supposed to mean xD
---
3DS Friend Code: 2964-8909-6218
Official Modern Pit of the Kid Icarus: Uprising board!
#6The Blob2000Posted 6/30/2012 4:48:18 PM
I haven't seen the original manual since I was a little kid so I don't remember that. I should download a PDF of it if I can. Apparently the manual for the original Super Mario Bros. says that when Bowser invaded the Mushroom Kingdom, he turned the toads into the blocks that Mario smashes in the game.
Nintendo wrote some weird stuff in their manuals at that time.
---
Women just want to take your money and eat all your raisin bread.
Parking meters! And you're walking around! Ha ha ha That's so funny.
#7The_BonesPosted 6/30/2012 4:56:05 PM
TheEighthSage posted...
@ above True, but what I think what TC was asking is how one knew they were in the "right order," being that there isn't a set order other than numerical. Though that reminds me, the original manual says that there was a consequence of collecting the Triforce shards out of numerical order. Wonder what that was supposed to mean xD

Actually it just says that if you don't do the labyrinths in the right order then you might meet a miserable end at the end of them. I would just take that as meaning that the dungeons get progressively harder.