Anyone else find the desert depressing?

#1PentroxPosted 9/11/2012 7:06:53 PM
Like, you are helping cute robots do stuff and ****, but no matter what happens they end up dead again. Same for the dragon.
#2ColebyPosted 9/11/2012 7:33:27 PM
Kinda. It was mostly boring though.
---
*Offical Girafarig of the Pokemon Black 2 Board*
Palindromic Dual-Headed Ass Giraffe | Oh Yeah!!
#3SilfalasPosted 9/11/2012 7:34:09 PM
I think that's the point of the desert area. There is a feeling of desolation I think was very well done.
#4PT_PiranhaPosted 9/11/2012 9:05:00 PM
Actually the dragon can be saved. Note how the corpse isn't there in the present once you finish his quest. And how he later appears in the Thunderhead with the other dragons.
---
Tim Curry is the final boss of Chrono Trigger.
#5Gaawa_chanPosted 9/11/2012 9:09:14 PM
There's actually a solution. Link would just have to ferry all the robots to Gondo and give him the materials necessary to repair them all.
---
"We oppose the teaching of critical thinking skills that challenge a student's fixed beliefs and undermine parental authority." TX GOP 2012 Platform
#6MSoltanPosted 9/11/2012 11:31:01 PM
Gaawa_chan posted...
There's actually a solution. Link would just have to ferry all the robots to Gondo and give him the materials necessary to repair them all.

Yeah, though Scrapper would probably go ape-s*it. ; D
---
Mathew Soltan.
#7MSoltanPosted 9/11/2012 11:42:14 PM
Coleby posted...
Kinda. It was mostly boring though.

That was kind of the point of the majority of Lanayru. It was supposed to be dead and empty--to give a feeling of isolation.
---
Mathew Soltan.
#8Muljo StphoPosted 9/12/2012 4:14:45 AM
I kind of wanted to actually visit the past at some point instead of just transforming the present to mimic the memory of the past.
---
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby
#9Sephiran1Posted 9/12/2012 6:06:56 AM
No, I thought it was relaxing. I liked the music a lot, as well as pretty much everything you have to do in the desert. I always love deserts in games (never been to a real desert in real life, but I'm going to one day). That being said, I didn't like the desert in TP a lot, but that's probably the only exception. It just didn't feel like a "real" desert (obviously it's not real, but you know what I mean).
---
"Where there is light... there is Darkness!" - Ramirez
#10MSoltanPosted 9/12/2012 9:05:42 AM
Muljo Stpho posted...
I kind of wanted to actually visit the past at some point instead of just transforming the present to mimic the memory of the past.

I thought like that at first. I then realised that I didn't care much for time-travel in video games which weren't based on the concept to begin with.
---
Mathew Soltan.