Why do people bash Miyamoto?

#21SolidKnightPosted 10/5/2012 10:12:58 AM
GhirahimManson posted...
Lol @ repetitive.

Considering the entire premise of the game was going back in time and start from day one again, it had the most overt sense of repetitiveness. You literally performed some of the same tasks multiple times and you would always start from the beginning but with newly acquired items.

Sales represent a very small amount of quality.

Sales indicate how the product was received by the public. Quality products is subjective term that varies greatly from one person to the next. One could say that Superman 64 was a quality product if they wanted to. You can claim Majora's Mask is a quality product all you want but I can always go back and point out that the public didn't care. It was a product that didn't interest people on the same scale as Ocarina of Time did. We call that a let down.

"Agree with me or I hate you and will argue for the sake of arguments".

...?

Yeah, only the hardcore Zelda fans want anything to do with it, hence why it always beats Ocarina of Time in polls these days.

Poll on websites for hardcore Zelda fans or hardcore gamers in general.
#22bararad13Posted 10/5/2012 11:11:51 AM(edited)
quility is often reflected on sales.. as people like what they view as intersting and well made.. which is often corolates with quility and besides.. I am a great fan of miyamoto.. he truly is a brilliant person with a visionary and imagantive precption of verious POVes and what people will like and in general - what is "fun"
#23kratos9797Posted 10/5/2012 12:40:23 PM
bararad13 posted...
quility is often reflected on sales.. as people like what they view as intersting and well made.. which is often corolates with quility and besides.. I am a great fan of miyamoto.. he truly is a brilliant person with a visionary and imagantive precption of verious POVes and what people will like and in general - what is "fun"

What is this "quility" that you speak of? lol

Sorry I felt that I had to point it out. :P
---
Kratos9797, Official leader of the Shieka Shadow Corp and member of the Knights of Safe Haven.
#24bararad13Posted 10/5/2012 2:19:16 PM
sorry.. englidh isn't my first langauege and silly mistkes like that happen some times
#25GhirahimMansonPosted 10/5/2012 2:24:50 PM
Gross. Sales are only important to those who are sheep. If the three-day time theme is considered repetitive, then so is everything which specific Zelda games are based on. Your logic suggests that Call of Duty is a better franchise than Zelda.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
#26bararad13Posted 10/5/2012 3:01:21 PM
not necassarily.. but I should have been more specific.. when messuring one game in a genre (or frenchise)to others.. the one which will be baught the most is often the best.. obviously it can't be used to compare different genres like action and shoot-em-up...
#27zeloswilder_fanPosted 10/5/2012 4:42:45 PM
SolidKnight posted...
GhirahimManson posted...
Gross. Sales shouldn't account for anything. Your logic suggests that Super Metroid isn't even worth taking note of because of sales. Same with Majora's Mask and many other amazing games.

What are you talking about? My logic? I said I primarily look at two factors. You can't derive what "my logic" is from that. Further, sales can be a pretty good indicator of overall public opinion.

As a note, Majora's Mask is one of the worst games in the series. The only people who care about it are hardcore Zelda fans. Everyone else sees it as the tedious and repetitive Zelda that it is.

According to which minority?
---
"So why are we half-assedly teaching you error correction if it's such a broad topic?" <-Funny quote taken out of context
#28Shiranui777Posted 10/5/2012 5:52:19 PM
The whine about every game on every board minority.
---
Shiranui777Shiranui777Shiranui777Shiranui777Shiranui777
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMIws86ZLyk why i lost faith in humanity
#29SolidKnightPosted 10/5/2012 7:21:24 PM(edited)
GhirahimManson posted...
Gross. Sales are only important to those who are sheep.

Because there's no correlation between bad reception and sales?

If the three-day time theme is considered repetitive, then so is everything which specific Zelda games are based on.

Because all Zelda games make you reset the state of the world and make you perform your first few steps again and again?

Your logic suggests that Call of Duty is a better franchise than Zelda.

And you derived the entirety of "my logic" from what?

Also, better? From a business standpoint it is. It makes more money. Do I like Call of Duty? No. Is it a quality game? Even though I'd like to deny it, it is. It's a quality game. The amount of user traffic it has demonstrates that it's meeting market expectations.
#30GhirahimMansonPosted 10/5/2012 8:51:34 PM
SolidKnight posted...
GhirahimManson posted...
Gross. Sales are only important to those who are sheep.

Because there's no correlation between bad reception and sales?

If the three-day time theme is considered repetitive, then so is everything which specific Zelda games are based on.

Because all Zelda games make you reset the state of the world and make you perform your first few steps again and again?

Your logic suggests that Call of Duty is a better franchise than Zelda.

And you derived the entirety of "my logic" from what?

Also, better? From a business standpoint it is. It makes more money. Do I like Call of Duty? No. Is it a quality game? Even though I'd like to deny it, it is. It's a quality game. The amount of user traffic it has demonstrates that it's meeting market expectations.

Call of Duty quality? Lol!
Ocarina of Time requires you to go back and fourth in time.
A Link to the Past requires you to go back and fourth between light and dark world.
The Wind Waker requires you to constantly change the wind to get around.
Twilight Princess requires you to use constant beast-related puzzles which are all related to finding either an invisible target or digging/sniffing.
So what if you have to turn back the clock? You're doing it to go ahead and do other things.
Your logic suggests that the bigger the sales, the better the game. Looks like Call of Duty: Black Ops is the better game than Ocarina of Time. Selling over twice as many copies. Good work, dude. You base your life on popularity contests. You're a sheep.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.