The triforce is simply just a McGuffin...

#1krazyninjaman3Posted 10/8/2012 3:57:21 PM
That's all it ever was. That's all it ever will be.
---
When ghosts go camping, they tell each other Chuck Norris stories.
#2DarkKirby2500Posted 10/8/2012 4:09:50 PM
*Spoilers*

Link should have wished to be a god with unlimited power greater then the Goddess and Demise combined.

Then the Triforce would have meaning.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#3GhirahimMansonPosted 10/8/2012 4:11:15 PM
DarkKirby2500 posted...
*Spoilers*

Link should have wished to be a god with unlimited power greater then the Goddess and Demise combined.

Then the Triforce would have meaning.

Was he able to make that wish?
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
#4DarkKirby2500Posted 10/8/2012 4:21:08 PM
GhirahimManson posted...

Was he able to make that wish?

I don't think a limit was ever imposed on what you can and can't wish for, only that if the wish was completely selfish the Triforce would split, you would get 1/3rd of its power, and you would have to find the other 2 pieces to make your wish again. At which point the Triforce, having granted a wish, would disappear and nobody would wonder where it went.

If Demise wanted it so badly, and he was "supposed to" be a god himself, then it obviously could do for him something he couldn't do himself.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#5SnowBrigadierPosted 10/8/2012 4:33:11 PM
I don't think a limit was ever imposed on what you can and can't wish for, only that if the wish was completely selfish the Triforce would split, you would get 1/3rd of its power, and you would have to find the other 2 pieces to make your wish again. At which point the Triforce, having granted a wish, would disappear and nobody would wonder where it went.

You may have misunderstood how the Triforce works. The Triforce doesn't discern between good and evil; any wish is fine. However, if the person claiming the Triforce doesn't have all three virtues in balance the Triforce will split, regardless of how good or evil that person may be.

There does seem to be limitations to the Triforce's wish granting powers, though. After all, Ganondorf's wish wasn't granted in ALttP since he was prevented before it could be fulfilled. Instead, it basically just gave him the next best thing.
---
And the flesh you so fancifully fry is not succulent, tasty or nice
It's death for no reason, and death for no reason is murder
#6flintastic123Posted 10/8/2012 5:22:26 PM
you convinced me zelda is terrible
---
Chrono trigger was awsome
#7Ecclesiastes273Posted 10/8/2012 6:33:36 PM
I liked the Triforce when it was a piece of lore, and not a part of the "plot".
---
Son.
#8Shiranui777Posted 10/8/2012 7:24:33 PM
Ill make a wish on the triforce that you lock this topic
---
Shiranui777Shiranui777Shiranui777Shiranui777Shiranui777
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMIws86ZLyk why i lost faith in humanity
#9ColebyPosted 10/8/2012 10:28:50 PM
krazyninjaman3 posted...
That's all it ever was. That's all it ever will be.

...I could believe this.

In fact, this would make a great storyline for a Zelda game. So many gullible, innocent fools searching for and believeing in the Triforce when in the end it is revealed that all it is is a big fat lie.

I think a futuristic steampunk setting would be most appropriate, in an era where most people have stopped believed in myth and magic, causing Ganondorf to finally commit suicide due to his overwhelming failures and thus ceasing the reincarnation cycle.
---
*Offical Girafarig of the Pokemon Black 2 Board*
Palindromic Dual-Headed Ass Giraffe | Oh Yeah!!
#10radelgirlPosted 10/8/2012 11:14:49 PM
I liked the Triforce when it was a piece of lore, and not a part of the "plot".

Hasn't it been part of the plot since the first game?
---
A totally friendly board where everyone will like you :
http://zeldawtwii.proboards.com