Any two or more games ever had the same incarnation of Link/Zelda/Ganon?

#1K-dizzlePosted 11/25/2012 1:46:56 AM(edited)
For example, Majora's Mask Link is the same as young Link from OoT. (well of course bc MM takes place a few years after OoT)

Just curious if any incarnation has ever been the same in more than one game, despite each Zelda game taking place in completely different generations. But questionable still since the element of time is thrown around so much in the past few Zelda games.

I ask because I wanted to know if WW Ganon is the same Ganon that was sealed away at the end of OoT. Because if that were to be the case, that same Ganon got to witness two different Links. Which i thought would be interesting.
#2CatMutoPosted 11/25/2012 2:15:14 AM
I think it is stated that WW Ganny is the OoT Ganny - except he seemed to use the time he was sealed to do nothing but eat chips and drink beer, considering he seems to have gotten a belly.

I think it was the Link in Link's Awakening is the same as Link to the Past? Or the other one ...

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!
#3philamikePosted 11/25/2012 2:19:00 AM
I believe it was that every Ganondorf is the same guy except the one in Four Swords Adventures.
---
You don't have time to ponder such questions, as Bruce Willis has just grabbed a jet plane.
#4RageBotPosted 11/25/2012 2:36:40 AM
I believe that there are two Ganons. The early version, which I like to call "Triforce Ganon", wants to collect all three pieces of the Triforce and rule the world. He usually fights as a Gerudo, before transforming into a beast that may sometimes remseble a Moblin, but is unlike the blue pig-man from the early games.

Triforce Ganon appears in: OoT, WW, TP

The second version, officially introduced in FSA but encountered all the time in the early games, I like to call "Pig Ganon" or "Trident Ganon". This Ganon, instead of heading first to the Triforce, first went into the pyramid to get the Trident of Destruction. I believe that the Trident emptied his soul, making him less human and dumber, but also easier to reincarnate, as he is constantly ressurected.

Pig Ganon appears in: LoZ, ALttP, OoX, FSA
---
"My fist is the divine breath. Rise, o fallen seed, and draw upon thy hidden power! Grant upon thee the power of the glorious Mother of Destruction!"
#5CatMutoPosted 11/25/2012 7:21:43 AM
If we go according to SS, Ganondorf is merely a incarnation of Demise's hatred - so perhaps just like there is a different Link and/or Zelda in (almost) every game, Ganondorf is only one of the incarnations. Perhaps all the other main villains like Vaati or Agi ... Agni ... I forget his name, Aganihm? Perhaps they are all also an incarnation of Demise's hatred.

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!
#6SnowBrigadierPosted 11/25/2012 8:23:25 AM
The second version, officially introduced in FSA but encountered all the time in the early games, I like to call "Pig Ganon" or "Trident Ganon". This Ganon, instead of heading first to the Triforce, first went into the pyramid to get the Trident of Destruction. I believe that the Trident emptied his soul, making him less human and dumber, but also easier to reincarnate, as he is constantly ressurected.

Actually, all of those except for FSA Ganon are the same as OoT Ganon.

And as for Links starring multiple games, there's

OoT/MM Link
WW/PH Link
ALttP/OoX/LA Link
LoZ/AoL Link
---
And the flesh you so fancifully fry is not succulent, tasty or nice
It's death for no reason, and death for no reason is murder
#7K-dizzle(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 9:22:06 AM
SnowBrigadier posted...

Actually, all of those except for FSA Ganon are the same as OoT Ganon.

And as for Links starring multiple games, there's

OoT/MM Link
WW/PH Link
ALttP/OoX/LA Link
LoZ/AoL Link

all ganons are the same???? also, wasn't zelda put in a deep slumber in one of the first zelda games?
#8SnowBrigadierPosted 11/25/2012 9:33:31 AM
all ganons are the same????

All of them except for FSA Ganon, who's a new incarnation.

also, wasn't zelda put in a deep slumber in one of the first zelda games?

Yeah, the "Legend of the Sleeping Zelda" is part of Adventure of Link's backstory. It says that a princess Zelda was cursed and put to sleep by a wizard at some point after Link's Awakening but before the original Zelda in the timeline, starting the tradition of all princesses being called Zelda (before that, it was just a common royal name). To this date, AoL is the only game to introduce a new Zelda while keeping a Link from a previous game, which means that there's one more Zelda than Link that we know of. Aside from the first two titles, all Zelda games that feature the same Link as a previous game also feature the Zelda from the same previous game.
---
And the flesh you so fancifully fry is not succulent, tasty or nice
It's death for no reason, and death for no reason is murder
#9LegendofLink17Posted 11/25/2012 12:19:02 PM
Snow is correct. That's all
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#10K-dizzle(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 12:24:03 PM
SnowBrigadier posted...
all ganons are the same????

All of them except for FSA Ganon, who's a new incarnation.

This is probably a dumb question but couldn't they just kill ganon once and for all then? Instead of constantly sealing him off somewhere? Or will he just be reincarnated?