So...

#1SuperMarioBruvsPosted 11/25/2012 5:19:33 AM
Why does no one like this game's art style?
---
Sent from my iPod touch via PowerGuides 1.10
#2sreamer14ydrPosted 11/25/2012 6:07:21 AM
I like the art style. I loved Twlight Princess's art style better, it seemed more crisp and better on the cube. The art style for Wind Waker was my favorite, so this game combines both styles, I like it, but I would have liked Twlight Princess visuals better in place here, but I like the game.

Too much questing back and forth though/
#3CatMutoPosted 11/25/2012 8:12:09 AM
I actually love the art style. Okay, it's a bit on the bright side at times - but I love the way the scenery is depicted. Especially when it's far away and it becomes more detailed as you approach it. I loved TP's "mature and dark" art, but it fitted with TP. This one fits with SS - I do wonder what it would look like with TPs art, though ...

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!
#4LanzaDolorosaPosted 11/25/2012 9:14:27 AM
No one likes it because the guys at Nintendo were stupid enough to think that mixing two completely art styles would please all camps alike. Instead, it ended up being a much less polished and much worse received style that not only Zelda fans reviled, but also the entire gaming community. Now I wonder: If not everybody's going to be pleased with the WW, TP or SS style, what can then?
#5KingBeetlePosted 11/25/2012 9:21:29 AM
Who doesn't like this game's art style? I mean really...
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/godunman
I do Let's Plays. Currently, and close to done on Skyward Sword.
#6KingBeetlePosted 11/25/2012 9:23:42 AM
@LanzaDolorosa posted

By the way, it sure is interesting how you rated Skyward Sword 1/2 / 5 hearts especially since you haven't played it...
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/godunman
I do Let's Plays. Currently, and close to done on Skyward Sword.
#7LanzaDolorosaPosted 11/25/2012 9:37:32 AM
KingBeetle posted...
@LanzaDolorosa posted

By the way, it sure is interesting how you rated Skyward Sword 1/2 / 5 hearts especially since you haven't played it...

Bteer safe than sorry. The unprecedentedly negative reaction from fans saved me the trouble. =)
#8PT_PiranhaPosted 11/25/2012 3:03:56 PM
LanzaDolorosa posted...
KingBeetle posted...
@LanzaDolorosa posted

Bteer safe than sorry. The unprecedentedly negative reaction from fans saved me the trouble. =)

So you have no opinion of your own, you make all your decisions off of everybody else.
Lots of people hate the game, but I like it. What if you would've been in the minority?
Your brother really must have messed up your ability to think for yourself.

Look I used to think the same way as you, but then I stopped when I realized that I was being a tool. If you're not sure, you have to try it for yourself anyway, regardless of what people say. You never know when you'll end up being the one who thinks differently.
---
Barkswantsapiratehat.
#9LanzaDolorosaPosted 11/25/2012 11:26:23 PM
PT_Piranha posted...
LanzaDolorosa posted...
KingBeetle posted...
@LanzaDolorosa posted

So you have no opinion of your own, you make all your decisions off of everybody else.
Lots of people hate the game, but I like it. What if you would've been in the minority?
Your brother really must have messed up your ability to think for yourself.

Look I used to think the same way as you, but then I stopped when I realized that I was being a tool. If you're not sure, you have to try it for yourself anyway, regardless of what people say. You never know when you'll end up being the one who thinks differently.

My attitude may have been influenced negatively, but in the end it's the only way to learn how to choose the best games. And I do prefer to not remain in any minority, otherwise I'd have no one to back up my feelings if I had to argue with detractors. If I liked SS, I would actually be embarrased for enjoying a reviled game.
#10lvalicePosted 11/26/2012 1:43:13 AM
It makes me a little sick to find out that those who call themselves fans don't like the art style.

Wind Waker and Skyward Sword are both among the most gorgeous, charming, and most ambitious art direction of the series. Lighting and vivid colors make the lush enviroment come to life.

Character design, which originally put me off because it was so different than what I was used to, managed to sway me in the complete opposite direction, and now I think its the best looking Zelda too late as well as the most sophisticated in art design from characters, to images, lighting effects and environments.

I had the same opinion regarding Final Fantasy 12, where the art, feel, look, sound, gameplay, environment, pacing, and design were so radically different from what I was used to from FF's 4-10, I was initially very disappointed in the title because I was so caught off guard from the ambitious changes that all I knew was anger from getting something completely different than I was expecting. Then I came around to admire the beauty and elegance of everything that went into game and found it that it was not only my favorite FF, but my favorite game of all time, finally overtaking Ocarina of Time.

Skyward Swords art design originally had this impact on me for being so different, and eventually I went from detesting it to being enchanted by it. I don't see why haters can't appreciate the visuals, but its ultimately their lost.