Lamest final boss ever? *spoilers*

#1ChronoAcePosted 12/7/2012 8:19:53 PM
Just beat SS for the first time and I have got to say... that final fight with Demise was pretty lame. There should have been a Fire/Water phase to go along with the Lightning phase maybe a part where you fly on your Loftwing.

I just felt compared to the other 3D Zelda games this felt kind of anti climatic.
#2snae99Posted 12/7/2012 9:00:42 PM
Agreed. Probably the most disappointing part about this fantastic game (for me of course). I really didn't like Demise. His design, his character, impact, and incredibly short battle was just... meh
---
I should go.
#3Czar_YoshiPosted 12/8/2012 1:08:14 AM
It's interesting that Demise is getting so much hate recently, a year ago everyone was talking about how fabulous his arena looked and how awesome it was to have your sword struck by lightning.

I'd like to point out that short /= bad, the final boss of SMG2 didn't take much time at all, and yet was the funnest part of the whole game for me.
#4snae99Posted 12/8/2012 1:10:40 AM
Czar_Yoshi posted...
It's interesting that Demise is getting so much hate recently, a year ago everyone was talking about how fabulous his arena looked and how awesome it was to have your sword struck by lightning.

I'd like to point out that short /= bad, the final boss of SMG2 didn't take much time at all, and yet was the funnest part of the whole game for me.

I guess I was one of the few a year back that didn't like it. And while short isn't necessarily bad, this just felt extremely anti-climactic and it wasn't very unique aside from the lightning sword thing. Ghirahims fights were much more fun and varied.
---
I should go.
#5ChronoAce(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 3:06:33 AM
Czar_Yoshi posted...

I thought the Lightning part was really cool but there should have been a Fire and Water part as well, to represent all 3 dragons.

It was one of the few final bosses that made me go 'that's it?" in my video game playing. Still a great game overall though IMO.
#6Sylar100Posted 12/8/2012 3:22:37 AM
I'm still laughing a year later after realizing he looked like Akuma, he lost all intimidation factor then
#7CatMutoPosted 12/8/2012 5:10:48 AM
He was pretty lame, but I think that's because Ghirahim was the main-villain for the biggest part of the game. And you fought him more than once and that third fight was just plain awesomeness after awesomeness. Then Demise appears and .... yeah, it's a Skyward Strike battle...

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!
#8Dreamer13Posted 12/8/2012 7:20:29 AM
I can't even begin to imagine how annoying a Loftwing battle would have been. You see enough people whining about how hard the target-smash minigame is.
---
Answer my question and I'll question your answer.
(About Ganondorf) Screw the rules, he's the king of evil? ~ Legoman727
#9snae99Posted 12/8/2012 11:13:14 AM
Dreamer13 posted...
I can't even begin to imagine how annoying a Loftwing battle would have been. You see enough people whining about how hard the target-smash minigame is.

A Loftwing battle wouldn't even be possible considering the setting.
---
I should go.
#10Zion426Posted 12/8/2012 12:41:59 PM
Only thing I didn't like about Demise was that, for being built up to be so dangerous-Demon god, waged war on a freaking goddess, etc.-Link beats him pretty quickly. I loved the swordplay (though he could have been more aggressive) and the arena and the overall bada$$ness of the fight, but it really should have lasted longer.
---
"Paper Waluigi is pickles durr. (Descent into fanboy rage, arguments, and poor grammar)"
-GameFAQs writes Nintendo a letter, one word at a time.