Lamest final boss ever? *spoilers*

#21RygonPosted 12/12/2012 10:21:19 AM
KeryAdams posted...
Wait why are people talking up the last fight with Ghirahim? It's probably the easiest fight in the game. He doesn't even attack! The horde is just a minor annoyance since the only enemies with any chance of damaging you are the archers. That fight needed some more threatening enemies or something to give it a sense of urgency. It's just tedious. Demise is easily the best character in the game, and that's why it sucks that he's in it for all of 30 seconds, and the fight against him is waaay too short. He needed at least 2 more forms and a much more diverse move set. It would be nice if it incorporated a weapon or two besides the sword. All in all just a really underwhelming fight.

Demise is in the whole game, everyone talks about him all the time, and you fight him more times than any other boss.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#22CatMutoPosted 12/12/2012 11:46:28 AM
KeryAdams posted...
Demise is easily the best character in the game, and that's why it sucks that he's in it for all of 30 seconds, and the fight against him is waaay too short. He needed at least 2 more forms and a much more diverse move set. It would be nice if it incorporated a weapon or two besides the sword. All in all just a really underwhelming fight.

Yeah, that's the point.
We constantly hear about this threat throughout the game, we fight his monster-form a few times, but after all that huge talk and build up about him, he's nothing. He's there for a few minutes, you kill him and he dies.
Which is exactly what makes this fight against him kind of lame. If they had given him more forms (although maybe they didn't cause they thought Imprionsed = other form) or made the fight more epic - in terms of actual fighting and not appearance - it probably would've felt better.

For me, the main villain in this game is Ghirahim.
Simply because he's always there, always threatening and you constantly fight him. It's kind of like how Zant was the major villain in TP - until about 2 hours before the end of the game, we hear that Ganondorf is the puppet master. Again.
Only difference is that Ghirahim actually remains cool instead of becoming a joke.

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!
#23UltraCantaloupePosted 12/12/2012 12:54:07 PM
CatMuto posted...
Only difference is that Ghirahim actually remains cool instead of becoming a joke.

You mean instead of getting character development? Ok.
---
Some say I'm crazy. I prefer the term "sanity deprived".
#24KeryAdamsPosted 12/12/2012 1:06:25 PM
The Imprisoned is not the same as Demise. You know what I mean. Shut up.
A couple of people (Impa and Ghirahim hardly constitute "everyone") mentioning a character != screentime for that character.
Ghirahim is a joke from the moment you meet him.
---
GT/PSN: Owngineer
Currently playing: Legend of Zelda II, Resident Evil 3, Castlevania: SotN, Rocksmith
#25RygonPosted 12/12/2012 1:45:30 PM
No I don't get it. The whole game is about him. The Imprisoned is Demise. Why does that not matter? You're saying nothing counts except the last few minutes. You don't see Ghirahim's true form till the end either, or hardly any major villain in Zelda games. Your complaint applies to the whole series.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#26The_BonesPosted 12/12/2012 2:22:12 PM
Rygon posted...
No I don't get it. The whole game is about him. The Imprisoned is Demise. Why does that not matter? You're saying nothing counts except the last few minutes. You don't see Ghirahim's true form till the end either, or hardly any major villain in Zelda games. Your complaint applies to the whole series.

The problem is that Demise simply does almost nothing throughout the game. Sure he breaks free from his seal a few times but you quickly seal him back underground and when he is finally revived he just waits for you to come fight him. For a great evil who is mentioned throughout the game you never see him do much of anything which makes his presence in the game overshadowed by the villain you do actually see and interact with which is Ghirahim.
#27PT_PiranhaPosted 12/12/2012 2:32:17 PM
Lamest ever?
Heck no, that's a very broad statement.

Less impressive than in other Zelda games?
Let the discussion begin.
---
"Remember me?" - The best Metroid character
"Barkswantsapiratehat." - Crazy Barks
#28SorasMonkeyBroPosted 12/12/2012 3:43:44 PM
I think you 1 of these 2 things, you are a-an OoT fanboy who is disgusted to see a final boss better than its final boss or b-you can't stand to see a good final boss that isn't Ganon/ganondorf. This was the best final boss in any Zelda game and not many agree because of nostalgia. They say that Ganon was the best just because he's from OoT. Well he's not, he actually is pathetically easy and the battle was really repetitive. But hey, that's just my opinion
---
Current Game Playing: Hitman: Absolution
Last Game Played: Halo 4
#29CatMutoPosted 12/13/2012 2:36:57 AM
UltraCantaloupe posted...
CatMuto posted...

You mean instead of getting character development? Ok.

Oh come on, what character development did Zant actually get?
You hear of him, he sounds like this amazing evil, cunning guy who usurped the throne, takes over Hyrule faster than Ganny ever managed. We never see his face. And then you see his face and his coolness disappears and his weird twisty movements just make him a joke.

Yeah Ghirahim was kind of hard to take seriously from the beginning what with invading Link's personal space and his dramaticness. But his instable sanity is what makes him kinda awesome to me - he can be polite and calm one second and then bam! He's ready to rip your head off.

They say that Ganon was the best just because he's from OoT.

Personally, I don't see how this can be the best. I mean, okay, the Light Tennis thing was sort of fun back then and it's always nice to see that in more Ganny battles. (Although they REALLY overdid that Light Tennis thing with the 8 Phantom Ganons in WW)
But otherwise, the OoT battle was nothing special. Heck, I actually thought after light-smacking Zelda in TP, I'd have to hookshot at her...

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!
#30KeryAdamsPosted 12/13/2012 8:59:46 AM(edited)
My problem with Demise isn't with his character. I even said he's my favorite character in the game. I said the fight with him was disappointing. He looks somewhat threatening but he's easy and can be beaten in less than a minute using waggle tactics and the occasional backflip.

I actually think the best final boss in the series is in Link's Awakening, with the many different forms. It challenged me as a kid. Yes, OoT is second. It tests you in several ways, requiring you to use several weapons and switch between them quickly, time your attacks, and improvise when the best option is not available.
---
GT/PSN: Owngineer
Currently playing: Legend of Zelda II, Resident Evil 3, Castlevania: SotN, Rocksmith