Are they finished with Ganon? *spoilers*

#1RygonPosted 12/11/2012 11:45:28 AM
Since he died in the two major timelines and they seem uninterested in the third, is he done? With this game they introduced two new villains and prepared ways for them to be written in further down the time line. Ghirahim is a sword similar to the Master Sword and I suppose he's just lying around somewhere. Demise curses Link's lineage and promises him that his wrath will live on or whatever. Ganondorf is one product of this rage and potentially they could draw this origin for several new villains. Even Demise himself could return. It seems unlikely they would throw away the iconic Ganondorf but they've written him out with Twilight Princess. If he returns it won't be from escaping his seal anymore, he would actually have to be brought back to life, or turn him into the same reincarnation thing they do with Link but have stayed away from with Ganon.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#2Chaos_EchoPosted 12/11/2012 12:07:17 PM
Rygon posted...
If he returns it won't be from escaping his seal anymore, he would actually have to be brought back to life, or turn him into the same reincarnation thing they do with Link but have stayed away from with Ganon.

You mean the thing they did with him in FSA?
---
Majora's Incarnation is what happens when game designers smoke crack.
#3Rygon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 12:14:47 PM
Is there official word on FSA and Ganon? It seemed to me it was a quick little multiplayer game with little regard to continuity. I know it is officially recognized like all Zelda games but I don't think they thought about the implications it meant to the character. Like the original games when they hadn't planned this scope and now have disregarded them to a timeline that bears no significance on their current games.
---
#4Chaos_EchoPosted 12/11/2012 12:30:01 PM
Rygon posted...
Is there official word on FSA and Ganon? It seemed to me it was a quick little multiplayer game with little regard to continuity. I know it is officially recognized like all Zelda games but I don't think they thought about the implications it meant to the character. Like the original games when they hadn't planned this scope and now have disregarded them to a timeline that bears no significance on their current games.

Just the opposite. The game marks Vaati's death, and Ganon's reincarnation after his death in TP.
---
Majora's Incarnation is what happens when game designers smoke crack.
#5BeanBeanKingdomPosted 12/11/2012 1:13:19 PM
^
This. Basically Ganon has been typically much harder to kill than Link and Zelda who simply died of old age/whatever in each incarnation ('cept for the fallen hero timeline where OoT Link is killed by Ganondorf), yet after the one game where he finally stopped living on using the Triforce of Power, Twilight Princess, he could start following the cycle of reincarnation like Link and Zelda did since the very beginning. Heck, Nintendo could bring him back in the adult timeline as well, as a reincarnation in the new Hyrule found in Spirit Tracks. That is, unless in that timeline the Master Sword being stuck in his head prevents his spirit from leaving his body and reincarnating.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#6CatMutoPosted 12/11/2012 3:47:38 PM
It could be that I remember things wrong, but isn't the Fallen Hero Timeline the one that evolves into Wind Waker - Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks? And if so, wasn't it said that while Link initially did seal Ganondorf, but Ganondorf reappeared and Link was simply nowhere to be found/didn't come to save the day?

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!
#7Rygon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 4:07:01 PM
CatMuto posted...
It could be that I remember things wrong, but isn't the Fallen Hero Timeline the one that evolves into Wind Waker - Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks? And if so, wasn't it said that while Link initially did seal Ganondorf, but Ganondorf reappeared and Link was simply nowhere to be found/didn't come to save the day?

C-A

Yeah, in all timelines Ganon escapes every time he's sealed away. But in the adult and child timelines there is a point when he was actually killed and not sealed. Those were in Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. In the WW back story you're thinking of, he escaped his imprisonment from the end of the Adult OoT and now that Link has left that time Ganon terrorizes Hyrule.
---
#8Czar_YoshiPosted 12/11/2012 5:37:19 PM
Chaos_Echo posted...
Just the opposite. The game marks Vaati's death, and Ganon's reincarnation after his death in TP.

It's not a reincarnation, FSA Ganon is a completely different dude than OoT Ganon.

CatMuto posted...

C-A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujEZQbBi2Yc
I don't see anything about the hero losing to Ganon in there...
#9pokemega32Posted 12/11/2012 6:27:30 PM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
Heck, Nintendo could bring him back in the adult timeline as well, as a reincarnation in the new Hyrule found in Spirit Tracks. That is, unless in that timeline the Master Sword being stuck in his head prevents his spirit from leaving his body and reincarnating.

Hyrule Historia states that the cycle of reincarnation ends with the destruction of Hyrule.

Czar_Yoshi posted...
It's not a reincarnation, FSA Ganon is a completely different dude than OoT Ganon.

Yeah, a completely different dude that's a reincarnation of the original.
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#10slaterastlePosted 12/11/2012 11:58:15 PM
NO.

It has been the same Ganondorf in every game he's in. So he has died like 7 times and he just comes back anyways because he is awesome. I mean he got shot with a silver arrow twice, got sealed in a realm with no way out, got turned to stone after being stabbed in the head and stayed at the bottom of the ocean, got shot with an arrow that went through a light ball, and got stabbed in the stomach. Once I finish skyward sword I will only have the 2 oracles left and i know he shows up when you link them with the code but i havent done that so idk how he dies there. Anyways the point is that if he can do all that, i'm pretty sure he can come back to life again somehow. This game isn't like kingdom hearts status story there are things unexplained but thats what the series is so its cool. Also like every game that mentions the triforce has ganon or ganondorf as the last boss, so officially killing him would kill the triforce, which won't happen.

The series will live forever