Are they finished with Ganon? *spoilers*

#11pokemega32Posted 12/11/2012 11:25:09 PM
slaterastle posted...
NO.

It has been the same Ganondorf in every game he's in.

No it hasn't. The Ganondorf in FSA is a new one.

So he has died like 7 times and he just comes back anyways because he is awesome.

In the Adult Timeline, he was sealed in the Sacred Realm, escaped, and then was killed.

In the Child Timeline, he was sealed in the Twilight Realm, escaped, and then was killed. Then he was reincarnated as a new Ganon and was sealed in the Four Sword.

In the Downfall Timeline, he was sealed in the Sacred Realm and was killed before he could escape. Twinrova tried to resurrect him but failed and only brought back an incomplete, mindless version of him. He was eventually resurrected and then killed again.

turned to stone after being stabbed in the head and stayed at the bottom of the ocean,

Hyrule Historia states that he crumbled to pieces after that.

This game isn't like kingdom hearts status story there are things unexplained but thats what the series is so its cool.

All of the events you listed are explained.

Also, there are a good number of things in Kingdom Hearts that are still unexplained.

Also like every game that mentions the triforce has ganon or ganondorf as the last boss, so officially killing him would kill the triforce, which won't happen.

You have a tenuous grasp on cause and effect.
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#12Dreamer13Posted 12/12/2012 10:20:19 AM
Lord, I hope not. He's easily the best Zelda villain, in my opinion. If they can repeatedly kill Bowser and then bring him in Mario, I don't see why they can't for Ganondorf.
---
Answer my question and I'll question your answer.
(About Ganondorf) Screw the rules, he's the king of evil? ~ Legoman727
#13UltraCantaloupePosted 12/12/2012 12:46:57 PM
Dreamer13 posted...
Lord, I hope not. He's easily the best Zelda villain, in my opinion. If they can repeatedly kill Bowser and then bring him in Mario, I don't see why they can't for Ganondorf.

Actually, unlike Ganondorf, Bowser never dies (except arguably in New Super Mario Bros. DS), he's just indestructible.
---
Some say I'm crazy. I prefer the term "sanity deprived".
#14Muljo StphoPosted 12/12/2012 5:44:14 PM(edited)
Mario is also their least story-focused franchise. Bowser kidnapping Peach and making Mario chase him through 8 or so kingdoms to rescue her is just the way it is with Mario's platformers. Hardly anybody ever questions it (except for those people who have made up a backstory about Peach and Bowser secretly having an affair and pretending that it's just a kidnapping every time).

Zelda games, while also not made with story as a primary focus, do create a unique plotline for each story and they do build up some lore for the series. And while more than a couple Zeldas have also been captured at some point, the situations are different and aren't always the driving force of the plot.

---
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby
#15CakeOfLiesPosted 12/12/2012 6:49:21 PM
Muljo Stpho posted...
Mario is their least story-focused franchise.

The Mario RPGs say hi.
---
Gyarados used Hyper Beam!
#16Czar_YoshiPosted 12/12/2012 9:16:37 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
Muljo Stpho posted...

The Mario RPGs say hi.

And Sticker Star says bye.

Mario Bros games haven't always been that way, though. In SMB3, Peach is in her castle for the majority of the game, sending Mario postcards as he runs around saving monarchs and booting Koopalings. Bowser doesn't grab her until the end (and he deliberately waited until Mario was off saving the day), then he starts sending postcards instead. I'd much rather have that than Bowser barging into Peach's Castle in broad daylight with Mario standing right there, grabbing her, and then getting his airship chased across 8 worlds until Mario catches up to him and gets her back.
#17Muljo StphoPosted 12/13/2012 2:20:30 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
Muljo Stpho posted...

The Mario RPGs say hi.

I did mention platformers specifically just after that. I mean, if we want to get technical what I said doesn't describe the sports and party branches of the franchise either.
---
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby
#18helldewPosted 12/13/2012 2:40:24 AM
Actually, unlike Ganondorf, Bowser never dies (except arguably in New Super Mario Bros. DS), he's just indestructible.

even then though hes not dead >.> and after bowsers inside story ive come to the conclusion that boswer is entirely invincible.
you might be able to knock him out toss him into lava and burn off his flesh install rockets on the bottem of his castle and crush him with it. it doesn't matter he comes back from it.

Also my respect for bowser multiplied like crazy after the RPGs bowser is awesome.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#19CharizardFirePosted 12/14/2012 2:28:28 PM
Heck, Nintendo could bring him back in the adult timeline as well, as a reincarnation in the new Hyrule found in Spirit Tracks.

Actually, I don't think they could. Demise's curse was very specific in referring to an incarnation of his hatred appearing when one with the blood of the goddess and one with the spirit of the hero appeared. Since OOT Link vanished from the Adult Timeline, the spirit of the hero is no longer able to reincarnate in that timeline, and thus the curse no longer has an effect.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#20Rygon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 4:08:33 PM
CharizardFire posted...
Heck, Nintendo could bring him back in the adult timeline as well, as a reincarnation in the new Hyrule found in Spirit Tracks.

Actually, I don't think they could. Demise's curse was very specific in referring to an incarnation of his hatred appearing when one with the blood of the goddess and one with the spirit of the hero appeared. Since OOT Link vanished from the Adult Timeline, the spirit of the hero is no longer able to reincarnate in that timeline, and thus the curse no longer has an effect.

On that note, who is Link in that timeline? Since Link left that time how did a new one appear?
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108