Top 3 worst Zelda games?

#1Draco_DeathmoorPosted 1/2/2013 1:22:01 PM(edited)
We have a top 3 best Zelda games so why not list the 3 worst?
As in the other topic please write a comment on why you dislike the game as much to call it the worst Zelda game.

1. Spirit Tracks, it's boring most of the time riding your train and this is almost the only thing you do in the game. When you're off the train it's kinda fun but overall I'd say: No thanks. Also this the only Zelda game that took me a whole year to complete cause I lost interest in it, it was one of those games you play when you're on a bus or train cause you've got nothing better to do.

2. Skyward Sword, you might think wtf? This is the 2nd Zelda game I've had to pick up after losing interest in it. Why? Cause the controls are bad and especially when you have to rely on them to prevail and they mess you up. I also thing it is a bit too linear and repetitive since you pretty much only have 3 areas in the game that you revisit a hundred times.

3. Phantom Hourglass, this was like playing Wind Waker again but with less to do, more limitations and not much new in it. I don't even remember the game to be honest and that says a lot since the Zelda games are among my favorite games of all time.

To add, even the worst Zelda games are better than most games out there.
Please comment on my list and make your own lists.
---
GT: Draco Deathmoor
#2CatMutoPosted 1/2/2013 1:34:04 PM(edited)
#1 - Ocarina of Time

Hold your damn horses, no need to flame me...
Aside from the graphics being revolutionary when it came out, it just doesn't hold up to me anymore. The controls are completely clunky and the later dungeon layouts are confusing or downright imcomprehensible. I have to actually fight or motivate myself somehow to actually continue to play this game again.

#2 - Majora's Mask

The beginning was terrible, since there was barely anything you could do until you waited for the 3rd Day and you got the Ocarina back, so you could finally travel back to the first day and really begin the game. And even then, the constant time limit was annoying. On a little side-note, it took me a long time to figure that when the message appeared to use something I have on the C-Stick is when I'm supposed to press the button, instead of clicking that away and using the button. Why did they change that from Ocarina?
I never finished this game, too boring for me...

#3 - Wind Waker

It was okay... it's just that the ocean felt pointless. The constant sailing until you finally got a little help by teleporting, but there were still times you could set sail to an island and leave to make yourself something to eat and come back, you'd still be only halfway there. Only about 10 of those islands were actually important. The rest felt like worthless padding and not even the creative kind.

These are simply the ones I've played.
Spirit Track looked interesting from the playthrough I watched, but once it was over, it felt like a waste of time to play it myself. And Phantom Hourglass just seemed really boring compared to that. So I can somewhat understand your list about those two.
I don't get why Skyward Sword is hated so much. You say the controls are bad, I find them okay - the swim controls are always a bit awkward to me, but I get used to them. And theoretically, there are four areas you visit (the Thunderhead, I count as well) but I admit I sort of hoped I'd manage to completely remove the clouds from covering that area.

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!
#3Draco_Deathmoor(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 1:43:52 PM
CatMuto posted...
#1 - Ocarina of Time

Hold your damn horses, no need to flame me...
Aside from the graphics being revolutionary when it came out, it just doesn't hold up to me anymore. The controls are completely clunky and the later dungeon layouts are confusing or downright imcomprehensible. I have to actually fight or motivate myself somehow to actually continue to play this game again.

#2 - Majora's Mask

The beginning was terrible, since there was barely anything you could do until you waited for the 3rd Day and you got the Ocarina back, so you could finally travel back to the first day and really begin the game. And even then, the constant time limit was annoying. On a little side-note, it took me a long time to figure that when the message appeared to use something I have on the C-Stick is when I'm supposed to press the button, instead of clicking that away and using the button. Why did they change that from Ocarina?
I never finished this game, too boring for me...

#3 - Wind Waker

It was okay... it's just that the ocean felt pointless. The constant sailing until you finally got a little help by teleporting, but there were still times you could set sail to an island and leave to make yourself something to eat and come back, you'd still be only halfway there. Only about 10 of those islands were actually important. The rest felt like worthless padding and not even the creative kind.

These are simply the ones I've played.
Spirit Track looked interesting from the playthrough I watched, but once it was over, it felt like a waste of time to play it myself. And Phantom Hourglass just seemed really boring compared to that. So I can somewhat understand your list about those two.
I don't get why Skyward Sword is hated so much. You say the controls are bad, I find them okay - the swim controls are always a bit awkward to me, but I get used to them. And theoretically, there are four areas you visit (the Thunderhead, I count as well) but I admit I sort of hoped I'd manage to completely remove the clouds from covering that area.

C-A

My point about the controls is that for me it's more of a trouble than good. In Twilight Princess you would just swing the sword but in this one you have to be more precise and I have trouble with my fine motor skills so this makes it a pain for me a lot of the times when I really have to rely on them. That is one reason why I don't like them. It feels like the game is more built up on how you good you can use the Wiimote plus than around the actual game.
---
#4GoombacrusherPosted 1/2/2013 1:58:15 PM
1) Phantom Hourglass
2) Four Swords
3) The original Zelda
---
http://i.imgur.com/VQTIb.png
Press Left to brofist.
#5PappinAcePosted 1/2/2013 1:58:40 PM
No thanks. Also this the only Zelda game that took me a whole year to complete cause I lost interest in it, it was one of those games you play when you're on a bus or train cause you've got nothing better to do.

You have just summed up Handheld Zelda. You wouldn't sit at home and play that crap willingly, would you?

Maybe if greedy Nintendo would have spent time developing Skyward Sword instead of garbage like that, it would have been a decent game. Unfortunately money is more important than the fans now. This is the first console Zelda I have ever disliked and I don't see the next one being any better.
#6CatMutoPosted 1/2/2013 3:16:56 PM
PappinAce posted...
This is the first console Zelda I have ever disliked and I don't see the next one being any better.

And you have just demonstrated how very narrow-minded you are, saying the next one will suck although we know barely anything about it.

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!
#7PhoenixMLPosted 1/2/2013 6:34:50 PM
3. Phantom Hourglass
It's a good game, but the grpahics, the gameplay and the dungeons aren't great.

2. Zelda 2
Not bad, but the gameplay is not really good.

1. Spirit Tracks
This is the only Zelda I didn't finish. I couldn't care less. I thought I didn't enjoy boats, but at least you could still do some free roaming. But train? Naha, no way. And the dungeons are as boring as PH.
---
the way out is through
#8tirelatPosted 1/2/2013 7:04:32 PM
I've got to disagree with Skyward Sword being one of the worst, since it's one of my favorites, but here's my list.

3. Spirit Tracks. Not a bad game, but it has one serious flaw: the panpipe controls. It's hard to get just the right air pressure, especially when you can't easily see the screen at the same time while trying to get the right note.

2. Zelda 2. Also not a bad game, but it hasn't aged well compared with the first Zelda. I just don't have the patience to play most of those old games any more. Okay, I'm getting old and just don't have the quick reflexes.

1. Link's Crossbow Training. Barely even qualifies as a game.

Has anyone played the CD-i games?
#9Draco_Deathmoor(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 7:13:57 PM
Didn't play the cd-i ones yet and if I did I'd probably put them on top 3 worst Zelda games...
---
#10BardWannabePosted 1/2/2013 7:29:24 PM
3. Four Swords: Does this count as a complete game? There's just not enough to it, and the multi-Link puzzles are novel at first but lack the ingenuity of the top-tier Zeldas. On the plus side, it introduced Vaati, and the music is quite impressive (though which Zelda's isn't?)

2. The Legend of Zelda: While we must respect its historical importance, it simply can't be enjoyed with today's expectations. Hindered by NES visual and audio components, and lacking any depth with its characters, the game can't immerse one in the adventure the way later Zeldas do. It's a rather obtuse game, and its difficulty I find more frustrating than the reward for getting through it.

1. Zelda 2: I love the idea of an action-RPG sidescroller Zelda. But, when the form of games had yet to be established and developers would experiment with quirky mechanics, the execution suffers terribly. It suffers from the same dated problems as the original, and its difficulty is truly unforgiving--especially since you can lose experience!