This would be my favorite game of all time if not for two personal gripes I have

#1Yoshipizza5Posted 1/25/2013 3:42:10 AM
1. Day/night cycle - All of the previous 4 3D Zelda game had this. For what purpose would they remove it? It's not removed as it is just a light switch. The Zelda series was originally designed as a virtual garden, where the whole time thing made it feel like the place in the game was a lot more immersive and lifelike. The sunset in the Wind Waker over the ocean is the most beautiful part of the game, and I would have loved to have seen this in the sky. Also the surface could do with having a different feel dependant on the time of day.

2.The layout of the surface map - I really enjoyed the game world, every inch of the games world felt hard fought and like it needed to be there in comparison to Twilight Princess which had huge but vacant areas. My complain here is that I thought that the three areas were going to eventually connect as more and more of the map was unveiled but then they didn't. It would have made so much sense for the whole of the surface to eventually connect towards the end in a similar vein to Metroid. Instead we have three different overworlds that are more like different planets than different areas. This would also make questing a lot easier, instead of having to find a bird statue, fly to a different light and then flying down, you could just make your way over to the different areas when trying to get 100%.
#2CatMutoPosted 1/25/2013 4:31:08 AM
I don't really mind that day and night isn't automatic in this game. What I did dislike is the fact that you cannot fly out at night. I mean, Link is on a mission to rescue the Headmaster's daughter - you'd think Gaepora would give Link, like, special permission or something so that he can fly out and search for Zelda at any hour.
Nope, we have to use Beedle or go to Lumpy Pumpkin to get those Gratitude Crystals.

Yeah, the whole cloud barrier disappearing as you unlock the areas would've been cool. I also though that the Thunderhead would actually disappear and not just become a giant ball with a sphincter-like hole to enter.
Yes that sounded dirty and I wanted it to.

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!
#3TheWindWaker333Posted 1/25/2013 11:24:50 AM
This game would be better than TP if:

the sky wasn't so empty
the side quests were more interesting
the harp was more useful
the dungeon bosses were designed better (final bosses are fine)
if the padding wasn't so obvious or at least more interesting .

This game beats TP in story, music, and controls yet the lack of the above things makes it really hard for me to say that's it is better than TP
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#4TheWindWaker333Posted 1/25/2013 11:26:04 AM
I don't think it could have been better than OoT, MM, or WW though.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#5Shiranui777Posted 1/25/2013 6:01:26 PM
A game that treats you like an infant from start to finish never ends well
---
Shiranui777Shiranui777Shiranui777Shiranui777Shiranui777
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMIws86ZLyk why i lost faith in humanity
#6anonymous4everPosted 1/25/2013 11:52:01 PM
TheWindWaker333 posted...

the sky wasn't so empty
the harp was more useful

This game beats TP in story, music, and controls yet the lack of the above things makes it really hard for me to say that's it is better than TP

"the sky wasn't so empty" ...how is this any different than having a vast empty ocean in WW, or a vast empty overworld in TP?
#7SingingSoulPosted 1/26/2013 8:09:38 PM
CatMuto posted...
I mean, Link is on a mission to rescue the Headmaster's daughter - you'd think Gaepora would give Link, like, special permission or something so that he can fly out and search for Zelda at any hour.

it is said that neburis dont fly at nite so its mor a issue of beard behavior not of humane desicion
---
dinosuar king is the best anime ever
i luv u reese do u loev me?
#8CakeOfLiesPosted 1/27/2013 5:58:58 AM
anonymous4ever posted...

the sky wasn't so empty
the harp was more useful

"the sky wasn't so empty" ...how is this any different than having a vast empty ocean in WW, or a vast empty overworld in TP?

I'm wondering this myself.
---
"I'm no Jedi; I'm just a guy with a Lightsaber and a few questions." - Kyle Katarn
#9Maximum TacoPosted 1/27/2013 8:08:17 AM
I actually didn't mind the way they changed the day/night cycle. It was a lot less frustrating to have more control over it and know that it would stay day/night until I slept in a bed and wanted it to change. However I do wish there was more stuff to do at night. Each section of the map should have had a day/night section and you should have been able to fly at night.

As for the surface map, I agree with your complaint. I was also hoping and expecting the areas to connect more, especially after the Mogma in Eldin said that one of his friends found a secret passage to Lake Floria. I actually looked for it for a while before giving up and just flying there.
---
Tacoz Rule. Now try to imagine what a Maximum Taco is like.
"Emulators make Baby Mario cry."
#10MileRunPosted 1/28/2013 12:02:02 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
anonymous4ever posted...

the sky wasn't so empty
the harp was more useful

I'm wondering this myself.

Wind Waker's overworld had a lot to do. Pretty much every non-storyline island had at least a small puzzle, and a couple of them had mini-mini-dungeons. It's just that everything was so spaced out and you had to sail everywhere. Twilight Princess' overworld was significantly less busy, but it still at least had a bunch of treasure chests and pieces of heart hidden on high ledges and other places.

The sky had... was it three treasure chests, including the one in the Thunderhead? Other than those, there were at most five islands with something to do other than open a barely-hidden (if at all) Goddess chest.
---
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
Scientist MileRun: WaRy associate