Glad I didn't listen to the haters

#1anonymous4everPosted 1/25/2013 11:07:37 PM(edited)
I must admit that I was somewhat apprehensive about buying this game, but I'm having a blast so far. The sword controls are extremely responsive and fun to play around with. Never once have I blamed the programming for a mistake that I've made.

Keep in mind I'm still relatively early on in the game, but so far I've seen no glaring problems. I've heard some complaints about backtracking and whatnot, but I don't see that being a major factor. Some of the best games involved backtracking (Metroid or Metal Gear anyone)?

I'm not sure where the hate is coming from, the game feels fresh and new, which I'm definitely excited about.

My deduction is that most negativity stems from the fact people are simply terrible and can't adapt to the motion controls.
#2GoombacrusherPosted 1/25/2013 11:10:06 PM
No! You must immediately stop liking this game now because I say so! You dare have fun with this game? I should kick you in the balls for even thinking of it! Stop not echoing my opinions, you bastard!
---
http://i.imgur.com/VQTIb.png
Press Left to brofist.
#3Petite-DryadPosted 1/25/2013 11:18:58 PM
anonymous4ever posted...
I must admit that I was somewhat apprehensive about buying this game, but I'm having a blast so far. The sword controls are extremely responsive and fun to play around with. Never once have I blamed the programming for a mistake that I've made.

Keep in mind I'm still relatively early on in the game, but so far I've seen no glaring problems. I've heard some complaints about backtracking and whatnot, but I don't see that being a major factor. Some of the best games involved backtracking (Metroid or Metal Gear anyone)?

I'm not sure where the hate is coming from, the game feels fresh and new, which I'm definitely excited about.

My deduction is that most negativity stems from the fact people are simply terrible and can't adapt to the motion controls.

Feel free to ignore what Goombacrusher07 comments about liking the game first and foremost, it's good to hear that you are enjoying the game at least, and I won't make any comments... except that calling others terrible for not liking this game isn't very nice. However one of the factors of the hatred is because of the motion controls itself, where a good portion of people( myself included) find them to be unresponsive for the most part which makes the game play rather tedious.
---
I have my G1...
#4tha_lopedawgPosted 1/25/2013 11:29:47 PM
What makes this game bad for me is the cliche and annoying characters most of which can be found in any generic anime and the insanely non-challenging dungeons. If you like the game, however that's great, I just can't find anything redeeming about it personally.
#5iKhanicPosted 1/25/2013 11:53:48 PM
anonymous4ever posted...

I didn't have HUGE motion control issues, but I did have technological issues with it occasionally. Do you mind if I ask you under which conditions you played it? I've always found my Wii to be more finicky under conditions of high artificial light (as in not sunlight). I also used the motion plus addon rather than the controller. I'd like to have a better experience with the MCs, so thats why I'm asking.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#6anonymous4ever(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 12:04:31 AM
iKhanic posted...
anonymous4ever posted...

I didn't have HUGE motion control issues, but I did have technological issues with it occasionally. Do you mind if I ask you under which conditions you played it? I've always found my Wii to be more finicky under conditions of high artificial light (as in not sunlight). I also used the motion plus addon rather than the controller. I'd like to have a better experience with the MCs, so thats why I'm asking.

I'm currently playing it on a Wii U with a "motion plus inside" controller. Also I've been playing mostly in low light conditions in my computer room.

So far it's like any other Zelda game really, albeit one that tries some new and original ideas. That seems to be the problem for most people, they can't accept anything different.

Sure, some Zelda games are definitely better than others, but I've never had any glaring issues with any release over the years. I'm just an old school Nintendo fan who loves Zelda games in general, and am currently enjoying SS for what it is, a fun new Zelda title that actually utilizes the hardware for which it was programmed.
#7anonymous4ever(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 12:10:47 AM(edited)
tha_lopedawg posted...
What makes this game bad for me is the cliche and annoying characters most of which can be found in any generic anime and the insanely non-challenging dungeons. If you like the game, however that's great, I just can't find anything redeeming about it personally.

The characters I've encountered so far are no more cliche or annoying than those found in most other entries in the series, primarily those released from the N64 era onward. May I ask why you feel they are annoying?

I understand many folks have issues with Fi, so far I don't find...it...any more annoying than the myriad fairies that have followed link around in other games. Personally I thought Midna in TP was more annoying than Fi is (so far).
#8SolidKnightPosted 1/26/2013 1:23:45 AM
Wait until you have to perform a thrust attack in a narrow window of time. You'll learn to hate the controls then.
#9The_BonesPosted 1/26/2013 1:36:33 AM
The motion controls were decent for the most part for me aside from being overused and the swimming controls. It was other aspects of the game that I took issue with.
#10anonymous4ever(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 2:46:45 AM
It just seems like just about every Zelda release, especially the 3d entries, have gotten ridiculous amounts of hate from the fanbase for various reasons, then whenever the next game comes out, it gets hate for entirely different reasons.

People demand new and interesting Zelda adventures, and when Nintendo attempts to change the formula, these same people complain. Oh well, you can never please all of the people all of the time, so that will probably never change.

I like the game, and I suppose at the end of the day, that is all that matters.