Glad I didn't listen to the haters

#11CatMutoPosted 1/26/2013 5:30:25 AM
tha_lopedawg posted...
What makes this game bad for me is the cliche and annoying characters most of which can be found in any generic anime [...]

And previous Link, Zeldas or Gannys weren't typical and cliché?
Hello, always the princess, who has the good of her people at heart and is wise beyond her years? And the hero, who does nothing but good? And Ganny is definitely the most original villain ever created, yes. Totally nothing cliché about him, wanting to take over a place cause his own is a hell hole.

I'm happy that you enjoy the game.
I suppose the people who hate the motion controls in Skyward Sword were just way too much in love with the "waggle motions" in TP's Wii version, where just sneezing at the remote caused you to do a spin attack.

The backtracking in this game, you'll probably notice it later on, is annoying but then... you know, every game has an amount of backtracking. Tales of the Abyss is the best Tales game I played and even that has a large amount of backtracking in it - heck, part of the final act is just backtracking to an area, watching a scene and then going somewhere else for the same thing.

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!
#12Shiranui777Posted 1/26/2013 5:37:02 AM
Everyone has different tastes. You don't have to listen to everyone else you know tc. Just go with youtube vids like i do to form your own view of the games.
---
Shiranui777Shiranui777Shiranui777Shiranui777Shiranui777
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMIws86ZLyk why i lost faith in humanity
#13tha_lopedawgPosted 1/26/2013 8:06:53 AM
anonymous4ever posted...

People demand new and interesting Zelda adventures, and when Nintendo attempts to change the formula, these same people complain.

After this I'm done complaining... I just felt like defending myself. I've never found trouble with a change of the zelda formula, I'll start from the first sequal.
I liked Zelda 2 (hardest and most unique zelda in my opinion... never beat it without game genie lol.. the only zelda game i needed a hacking device for) and i loved the rpg and side-scrolling action, also the sadistic challenge. I loved LTTP and the story depth and new puzzles the SNES gave it. The change of antagonist from Gannon to nightmares that Awakening offered i enjoyed.. also the ability to jump in an overhead view zelda game was a nice addition. The first 3D zelda game OOT was fantastic, as was the master quest version, challenging gameplay and challenging dungeons were among many fantastic things in this.. MM was fun too, even though it wasn't as epic as OOT.. the transformation was fun and even though there were only 5 dungeons (including the moon) they made up for this a little bit with long dungeons. I absolutely loved the duel games Seasons and Ages... (tired of typing so quick explanations now) the interchangeable sequels were a great new twist. Wind Waker despite it's cartooniness had a dark setup, the controls were also so smooth, having control of other characters through some dungeons i liked as well. Enjoyed the classic style play minish cap offered, the touch screen controls for the PH and ST worked, games were fun.. and the wii controls worked for the wii version of TP.... SS is the first and only zelda game i've ever hated.. being reminded what items are every time i turn on the game, andy that annoying Fi gives me a play by play of what to do it feels like the producers think i suddenly forgot how to play a zelda game and they're insulting my intelligence... I'm done venting.. and done with my first and only time on the message boards too.. take care everyone... and like i said if you enjoy the game, that's great, i just feel like i wasted $70 for the game and the motion+
#14CakeOfLiesPosted 1/26/2013 9:28:13 AM
Goombacrusher07 posted...
No! You must immediately stop liking this game now because I say so! You dare have fun with this game? I should kick you in the balls for even thinking of it! Stop not echoing my opinions, you bastard!

That's KeryAdams' line.
---
"I'm no Jedi; I'm just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions." - Kyle Katarn
#15iKhanicPosted 1/26/2013 10:27:51 AM
anonymous4ever posted...
iKhanic posted...
anonymous4ever posted...
I must admit that I was somewhat apprehensive about buying this game, but I'm having a blast so far. The sword controls are extremely responsive and fun to play around with. Never once have I blamed the programming for a mistake that I've made.

I didn't have HUGE motion control issues, but I did have technological issues with it occasionally. Do you mind if I ask you under which conditions you played it? I've always found my Wii to be more finicky under conditions of high artificial light (as in not sunlight). I also used the motion plus addon rather than the controller. I'd like to have a better experience with the MCs, so thats why I'm asking.

I'm currently playing it on a Wii U with a "motion plus inside" controller. Also I've been playing mostly in low light conditions in my computer room.

So far it's like any other Zelda game really, albeit one that tries some new and original ideas. That seems to be the problem for most people, they can't accept anything different.

Sure, some Zelda games are definitely better than others, but I've never had any glaring issues with any release over the years. I'm just an old school Nintendo fan who loves Zelda games in general, and am currently enjoying SS for what it is, a fun new Zelda title that actually utilizes the hardware for which it was programmed.

Yeah thats probably why you had such good luck with the MCs. I'll try to get in those conditions next time I play.

IMO, Nintendo needs to make their motion controls more robust and fast. Sure, the kinect and move suck, but the faster they make motion controls work well under all conditions, the more likely they will be integrated into games more.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#16CatMutoPosted 1/26/2013 10:45:52 AM
Shiranui777 posted...
Everyone has different tastes. You don't have to listen to everyone else you know tc. Just go with youtube vids like i do to form your own view of the games.

Which is also a not very good idea.
Your opinion on the games can vary heavily on what you see and what you eventually experience yourself. If I watch Blade Dancer - Lineage of Light videos, I see a fun RPG game with a nice battle system.
What did I get when I played it?
A game with a bad dub, constantly having to backtrack to the first city to proceed with the storyline, weapons that can break upon usage, no idea on how to create my own weapons or repair them, and always having to press Triangle to look at something, before I can actually do anything! Seriously, I had to freaking look at the door before I could go through it!

What do I get from watching Tales of Vesperia?
Cool combos, but a completely broken Overlimit Gauge.

To remain on the topic of Skyward Sword - same thing.
I watched a review of it and decided "Hey, cool! That new Zelda game looks great, I'll totally buy a Wii for it. Wow, Romance is actually important in this game? Something new!"
Upon playing the game?
The romance plot is practically non-existent after 30 minutes of game intro.
And I wouldn't mind it so much, if not every person I see on the internet talking about this game would mention how very important the romance in Skyward Sword is.
But I'm digressing, this has nothing to do with the overall topic of Skyward Sword.....

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!
#17LLL_DeadlyPosted 1/26/2013 11:05:55 AM
CatMuto posted...
tha_lopedawg posted...
What makes this game bad for me is the cliche and annoying characters most of which can be found in any generic anime [...]

And previous Link, Zeldas or Gannys weren't typical and cliché?

Nope. TWW Link & Ganon are both quite original.
---
Wind Waker is one of the greatest games ever made. Hoping the HD Remake does it justice.
#18SolidKnightPosted 1/26/2013 11:59:36 AM
anonymous4ever posted...
People demand new and interesting Zelda adventures, and when Nintendo attempts to change the formula, these same people complain.

In all the "I wish they would..." topics that populate the board I never once heard anyone asking for: a segemented world, an area totally devoid of something interesting, weaponless Link segements where you collect a bunch of items, more uninteresting fetch quests, being forced to collect randomly scattered items to enter a dungeon, having a very intrusive sidekick, slower text speed, and the removal of the save anywhere feature.

Just because they changed some aspects doesn't make the change good. What if they made a Mario game where he no longer jumps? That'd certainly shake up the formula.

Given their most recent talk about Zelda Wii U, it would seem they got the message that gamers didn't like the changes overall because they're talking about going back to the basics and not pressing on with the Skyward Sword design.
#19Phasmatis92Posted 1/26/2013 5:12:35 PM
SolidKnight posted...
Wait until you have to perform a thrust attack in a narrow window of time. You'll learn to hate the controls then.

I didn't. You've just got to make sure you keep the nunchuk still when you stab.
---
I'm a promiscuous gamer; Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, and none of them know I'm cheating on them.
#20SingingSoulPosted 1/26/2013 6:33:19 PM
SolidKnight posted...
anonymous4ever posted...

Just because they changed some aspects doesn't make the change good. What if they made a Mario game where he no longer jumps? That'd certainly shake up the formula.

http://youtu.be/4tTuQvkKui4?t=1m1s

Given their most recent talk about Zelda Wii U, it would seem they got the message that gamers didn't like the changes overall because they're talking about going back to the basics and not pressing on with the Skyward Sword design.

or prehaps miby its cuz it was nintendoes plant science the begining u no... nintendo experimented and succeded wit skyguard swore, but it was only experiment... teh return to zelda tradition was a tacit promice

btw tnx Kabuto for holding the furt ^_^
---
dinosuar king is the best anime ever
i luv u reese do u loev me?