Skyward Sword > Twilight Princess.

#1DecaprePosted 2/5/2013 1:54:00 PM
Look at that new exciting topic!!
---
I've been told my love for Chun-Li is insanity and sinful, well God.... That's exactly what I wish for =)
#2LLL_DeadlyPosted 2/5/2013 2:00:01 PM
Nah.

I want to love SS, but it doesn't take a genius to see that it's the most flawed game in the series (except for arguably PH).

However I'm enjoying the game alot right now on Hero Mode w/ no shields.
---
Wind Waker is one of the greatest games ever made. Hoping the HD Remake does it justice.
#3moogle69Posted 2/5/2013 5:45:27 PM
best zelda game imo, it makes other zelda games look awful in comparison.
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Currently playing: Xenoblade, SMG2, Dissidia012, Radiant H, TOTA3DS, R&CHD, OkamiHD
#4CakeOfLiesPosted 2/6/2013 5:14:03 AM
Hmm... They're close, but neither is better. They're both better than WW and neither of them are better than OoT or MM. But I can't decide which one I like more. They were both fantastic.
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/11/wXLYp87DiE2C6xnGXLS7BA2.jpg
#5CatMutoPosted 2/6/2013 5:29:19 AM
In terms of battle controls, Yes.

In terms of characters to care about, ... they're kinda even. I don't care for the Old Lady, Impa, Zelda or much for Groose in Skyward Sword. But I also don't care much for the kids or Ilia in Twilight Princess.

In terms of sidekicks, they're even. I loved Fi and I love Midna.

In terms of music, even.

In terms of "traditional" Link, Twilight Princess wins simply cause of left-handedness.

In terms of story, eh... they're even. Neither of them had much of an interesting story or one that remained necessary to know or be important throughout the game.

In terms of travel, Twilight Princess wins cause I can teleport.

In terms of sidequest, eh... Twilight Princess wins cause of Agitha and her bug hunt.

To me, they tie first place.

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!
#6terrysmay04Posted 2/6/2013 7:48:53 AM
SS was my least favorite of the Zelda series. Link to the past has to be my favorite
---
GT: THE Terry May
Keep clam and Chive on!
#7ViolentDjangoPosted 2/6/2013 11:17:30 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
Hmm... They're close, but neither is better. They're both better than WW and neither of them are better than OoT or MM. But I can't decide which one I like more. They were both fantastic.

OoT = MM > SS = TP > WW?

http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/5069-facepalm.jpg
---
GT/PSN: ViolentDjango ~
Go. Full. Tilt.
#8CakeOfLiesPosted 2/6/2013 2:49:17 PM
ViolentDjango posted...
CakeOfLies posted...

OoT = MM > SS = TP > WW?

http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/5069-facepalm.jpg

I'm laughing at your opinion too.
Ocarina of Time made Zelda what it is today,
Majora's Mask was simply an epic game,
Twilight Princess was simply an epic game,
Skyward Sword was a really good game and did a great job being a prequel to the series,
and Wind Waker doesn't fit any of those descriptions.
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/11/wXLYp87DiE2C6xnGXLS7BA2.jpg
#9wiiking96Posted 2/6/2013 3:17:12 PM
Let's compare, shall we? (WARNING: BE AWARE OF OPINIONS)

Items: About the same level of quality for both games.

Story: TP's is better in that it has fewer plot holes, it has less filler, and it moves a lot faster. It also has more emotion and character development.

Characters: They're pretty similar; both have some great characters(Midna and Ghirahim), along with other memorable characters here and there. SS has more entertaining NPCs, but TP has more NPCs involved in the story. Eh, I'll give this one to TP by just a little bit, but SS certainly isn't weak in this department.

Controls: TP wins by quite a bit here. The forced motion controls don't help SS much.

Overworld: TP wins easily here. Even in the fairly dense areas of the surface in SS, there just isn't all that much to explore outside the main playthrough. TP's overworld is peppered with hidden caves and Heart Pieces everywhere, plus Epona is a more effective way to travel than Link's bird.

Sidequests: SS has more sidequests, but TP has more interesting ones. I'll just leave this as a tie.

Gameplay: This is a tough one, so let's break it down into sections.

Warping: TP wins this by a longshot. No argument here.

Minigames: I'll give this one to TP, just because too many of the ones in SS are based around convoluted motion controls.

Sword Play: TP's is more fluent and diverse with the Sword Techniques(plus running while slashing), but SS is more in depth in this respect. I'll give this to SS because it utilized sword play in boss battles more effectively.

Bosses: I'll give this one to SS. TP has better minibosses, but it's bosses are more challenging and just seem more fun to fight.

Extra Features: I might have to give this one to SS. The stamina feature and weapon upgrading are both great features that add a lot to the game. TP has Wolf Mode, but it's not as polished or diverse as it could have been.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#10SolidKnightPosted 2/6/2013 5:56:59 PM
Twilight Princess wasn't an unplayable mess unlike Skyward Sword.