First time I have ever rage quit a game

#11MegaDuranPosted 2/14/2013 10:27:34 AM
whats much worse about this game is how its slowing you down at every point possible.
the bug is slow, aiming is slow, its flying slow, it even comes back to you slowly. you cant run/roll fast when you want but have to walk half the time, when you hit down by accident, fi starts talking in the slowest way possible, whenever you restart your game, you have to see that damn tatatatadaaaa moment for every item and bug you pick up and then have to see the item collection screen too. seriously, i'm surprised you dont see it for every type of ruby and heart you pick up.

when you check out new enemies, fi cant give you proper advice, only after you figured it out yourself by beating a number of enemies, she can give you tips. thats another thing, the random tips you get when you call her. yeah thanks i had totally forgotten how long it took to explain how to make a roll in this game.

theres the quicksand part in the desert now thats slowing you down even more. not only does the sand slow you down, you have to take a break every few steps. and if you dont and accidentally keep running, you'll drown, slowly, ending up on your belly for whatever reason, standing up slowly.

half the game recentering works by pressing down, why not while flying?
and why does flying take so long? yeah i know how it works, flapping, decending, using attack and those weird speedboosting rocks. it still takes long.

why do i have to check every single item in each shop, always being forced to read an explanation by the owner? why is it not like back in oot and all the others? speak to guy, see every item and description in seconds?

god this game is so damn slow
---
HeartGold FC: 1548 7565 7372
White FC: 4512 9636 0874
#12CatMutoPosted 2/14/2013 3:15:49 PM
MegaDuran posted...
whats much worse about this game is how its slowing you down at every point possible.
the bug is slow, aiming is slow, its flying slow, it even comes back to you slowly. you cant run/roll fast when you want but have to walk half the time, when you hit down by accident, fi starts talking in the slowest way possible, whenever you restart your game, you have to see that damn tatatatadaaaa moment for every item and bug you pick up and then have to see the item collection screen too. seriously, i'm surprised you dont see it for every type of ruby and heart you pick up.

1. The bug does get faster upon the first Upgrade. Okay, you can't fly faster while holding a bomb then, but in general it's pretty fast.

2. Flying is just as slow as Sailing was in WW, so eat it.

3. Actually, I think TP Link is even slower at walking than SS Link...

4. You can hold A to speed up text, you know.

5. Okay, the repeat of the bug/treasure description is annoying...

6. "You found a Heart in this Treasure Chest!" - curtesy of OoT, (seriously a f***ing Recovery Heart in a treasure chest, Nintendo?)
"You just picked up a blue Rupee, it's worth 5 Rupees!" - curtesy of TP

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!
#13Muljo StphoPosted 2/14/2013 4:05:41 PM
Walking across ropes should not require motion control. I end up shimmying across then walking the last second so I am not constantly recalibrating to balance.

Sort of agree. I just recently figured out how to move the wiimote while on the ropes.

You just hold it straight up... and lean it a little from time to time to correct for Link starting to tip over... How was this ever a cause for confusion or a source of difficulty for anybody?
---
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby
#14BillysanPosted 2/14/2013 4:36:15 PM
Muljo Stpho posted...
Walking across ropes should not require motion control. I end up shimmying across then walking the last second so I am not constantly recalibrating to balance.

Sort of agree. I just recently figured out how to move the wiimote while on the ropes.

You just hold it straight up... and lean it a little from time to time to correct for Link starting to tip over... How was this ever a cause for confusion or a source of difficulty for anybody?

You're suppose to point forward and point which way you want to lean him.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291
#15Czar_YoshiPosted 2/14/2013 8:01:38 PM
WahahaName posted...
I dont need to do anything. I play a video game to have fun not to struggle with controls for over an hour and then maybe start having fun when I learn them. I also dont mind difficulty by the way. One of my favorite games was Mario Sunshine precisely because some of the levels were really challenging. But difficulty should be because of the challenge itself not because of the controls. Nothing was particularly difficult by the way. The reason I gave up is because it was physically painful to continue.

I told you, don't flail your arms. You're supposed to flick your wrists, if you find that painful get off your keyboard/phone and go see a doctor.

Why do slashes obviously not work? In any previous Zelda game if there was a gem like that on a monsters back you could slash it and it would take damage. I didnt even know you COULD stab at that point so how the hell am I supposed to expect I need to stab?

First, if you slash it and it doesn't work, why would you keep slashing it?

Second, you had to do a stab to get the practice sword. If you're that forgetful, I'm surprised you made it to the surface.

By the way I guarantee you motion controls will never be in another Zelda game because the fricken 3DS port almost outsold this original game.

Motion controls will never be in another Zelda? Too bad, they already are (Battle Quest was released a year after SS and it has motion controls). Even if you don't count that, you're going to be looking pretty foolish come e3 2013, because I assure you Nintendo wouldn't have spent a year after SS came out polishing those controls for further use if they didn't plan on using them again.

Skyward Sword doesn't have a 3ds port, let alone one that almost outsold the Wii version. Do your research before posting erroneous claims like that.
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
#16AutumnQueenPosted 2/14/2013 9:44:26 PM
I believe he meant the Ocarina of Time 3DS game, not a 3DS port of Skyward Sword.
#17Czar_YoshiPosted 2/15/2013 12:39:18 AM
AutumnQueen posted...
I believe he meant the Ocarina of Time 3DS game, not a 3DS port of Skyward Sword.

But what would that have to do with motion controls not being in another game? OoT3D used them (quite well, too), so if anything he's shooting himself in the foot.
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
#18CatMutoPosted 2/15/2013 5:11:51 AM
Czar_Yoshi posted...
AutumnQueen posted...

But what would that have to do with motion controls not being in another game? OoT3D used them (quite well, too), so if anything he's shooting himself in the foot.

Maybe he's one of those OoT fanboys that places OoT onto a pedestal and everything else is c*** in comparison...

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!
#19Shiranui777Posted 2/15/2013 6:30:16 PM
Ah skulltulas the new players bane. Plus Oot is a damn fine game, don't downplay a masterpiece please. Thanks
---
Shiranui777Shiranui777Shiranui777Shiranui777Shiranui777
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMIws86ZLyk why i lost faith in humanity
#20Czar_YoshiPosted 2/16/2013 12:01:04 AM
CatMuto posted...
Czar_Yoshi posted...
AutumnQueen posted...

Maybe he's one of those OoT fanboys that places OoT onto a pedestal and everything else is c*** in comparison...

C-A

Which would be even more counter-productive. OoT used motion controls almost too well (archery minigame is cake now), by slamming them in general he's also slamming OoT.
---