Skyward Sword copycat list

#1SolidKnightPosted 2/26/2013 2:02:09 PM
Since Skyward Sword revolutionized gaming, let's list all the games that copied Skyward Sword.
#2weegee753Posted 2/26/2013 2:30:14 PM(edited)
Zelda II
edit: took out "Legend of"
---
3DS: 3823 8790 3083 JC3
"Get that corn outta my face!"
#3UltraCantaloupePosted 2/26/2013 4:01:43 PM
I... don't really know what you're trying to do with this topic exactly.
---
Hey, thanks for reading this! It took me a while to type it out.
#4CakeOfLiesPosted 2/26/2013 7:02:23 PM
There were games that copied Skyward Sword?
---
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." -HK-47
#5lukeguy97Posted 2/26/2013 9:57:49 PM
He's trying to say that Skyward Sword didn't revolutionize gaming because no games have copied it.
#6Czar_YoshiPosted 2/26/2013 10:32:53 PM
Link lives in a peaceful town with a few hooligans, his trusty steed, and a gal he thinks is cute. A pretty long sequence of town life happens, in which he gets a really weak sword, saves someone from a cage, and listens to tutorials. But then some thug kidnaps his gal and disrupts his life pretty badly. He gets dragged off somewhere, only to be awakened in the middle of the night by a strange looking, floating lady who can apparently move through solid objects. She leads him on a wild goose chase past some enemies, to a lengthy cutscene in which you talk about important things. You get a better sword, and set off for the forest to look for something important.

After a collection fest, you're allowed into the dungeon, which is dark and filled with spiders. Link beats up the goon who took his gal, but can't find her, so he sets off to a volcano where he almost gets roasted. Two more dungeons later, he's found his gal again but for some strange reason isn't satisfied, so he goes through another pile of game looking for something that'll help them speak with eachother again. Oddly, once he accomplishes his mission, he decides not to stay there and chill, but instead heads off to yet another dungeon, in the sky this time.

Link is pretty sure he's got things in the bag now, and goes off to challenge the big bad. He wipes him off the face of the earth, only to have something really inconvenient happen and realize he's still got to bust up some black guy with red hair and a big sword to save Zelda.

He succeeds, says a tearful goodbye as the floating lady from earlier seals herself away for the rest of eternity, and then lives happily ever after (after being decorated by Zelda for being a true hero).

Did I do it right?
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
#7ColebyPosted 2/26/2013 10:39:46 PM
skyrim it has the word sky in it
---
ERROR 404
File Not Found
#8lukeguy97Posted 2/27/2013 9:16:15 AM
Czar_Yoshi posted...
...She leads him on a wild goose chase past some enemies, to a lengthy cutscene in which you talk about important things.

...Two more dungeons later, he's found his gal again but for some strange reason isn't satisfied, so he goes through another pile of game looking for something that'll help them speak with eachother again.

...He wipes him off the face of the earth, only to have something really inconvenient happen

Great job finding striking similarities there.
#9SolidKnight(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 9:54:52 AM(edited)
Czar_Yoshi posted...
Did I do it right?

Since you were supposed to list games, no--you didn't do it right.
#10anonymous4everPosted 2/27/2013 1:55:40 PM(edited)
I have a feeling this is another "let's diss Skyward Sword" topic. In that case, all I have to ask is one question.

Why do people haunt this board constantly if they do not like the game, and constantly find flaws with it?