Skyward Sword copycat list

#11CatMutoPosted 2/27/2013 3:15:03 PM
anonymous4ever posted...
I have a feeling this is another "let's diss Skyward Sword" topic. In that case, all I have to ask is one question.

Why do people haunt this board constantly if they do not like the game, and constantly find flaws with it?

Pretty much that.
I admit, though, when I read the title I thought it was somebody who wanted a list of all the copies or references that are found in Skyward.

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!
#12CakeOfLiesPosted 2/27/2013 8:48:02 PM
CatMuto posted...
anonymous4ever posted...
I have a feeling this is another "let's diss Skyward Sword" topic. In that case, all I have to ask is one question.

Why do people haunt this board constantly if they do not like the game, and constantly find flaws with it?

Pretty much that.
I admit, though, when I read the title I thought it was somebody who wanted a list of all the copies or references that are found in Skyward.

C-A

I actually wish people would talk about stuff like that.

If you're gonna bash Skyward Sword, do it somewhere else because most of the people that still post here love the game.
---
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." -HK-47
#13lukeguy97Posted 2/27/2013 9:07:44 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
CatMuto posted...
anonymous4ever posted...

Pretty much that.

C-A

If you're gonna bash Skyward Sword, do it somewhere else because most of the people that still post here love the game.

I was about to say that recently the haters have outnumbered the fans on this board, but now that I think about it, it probably just seems like that because the four or five people on this board who hate the game post more than anyone else
#14GoombacrusherPosted 2/27/2013 10:50:14 PM
Mike Tyson's Punch Out totally stole from this game
---
http://i.imgur.com/VQTIb.png
Press Left to brofist.
#15KeryAdamsPosted 2/28/2013 9:34:48 AM
I'll answer that question: people come here to express strong feelings. Those feelings don't have to be positive. If you want to talk about the game, this is the place to do it. You can want to talk about something without liking it. </obv>

Here's a reverse list - some of the sources that Skyward Sword copied from!

SS gets is control scheme from Red Steel, using the Wiimote to swing a sword and shaking the nunchuck to parry.
SS gets its needless stealth segments from the Metal Gear franchise.
Having dragons as deities was cool and original in Chrono Cross, the sequel to the widley acclaimed Chrono Trigger.
Warriors riding birds with which they share a special bond reeks of Avatar.
The enemies in masks wielding stun batons are straight out of Fallout 3.
The underground sections feel a lot like Dig Dug or Bomberman.

...to name a few.
---
GT/PSN: Owngineer
Currently playing: Alundra, Rocksmith, Assassin's Creed 3
#16lukeguy97Posted 2/28/2013 11:44:51 AM
KeryAdams posted...
SS gets is control scheme from Red Steel, using the Wiimote to swing a sword and shaking the nunchuck to parry.
Having dragons as deities was cool and original in Chrono Cross, the sequel to the widley acclaimed Chrono Trigger.

In Half-Life 2, you wield a gun, aiming it in first-person. This mechanic is stolen from Goldeneye 007.
In Okami, you fight an eight-headed serpent. This is a ripoff of Japanese mythology.
In Skyrim, giant spiders are enemies. This is taken straight out of every game ever.
#17imagine606Posted 2/28/2013 11:51:02 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
CatMuto posted...
anonymous4ever posted...

Pretty much that.

C-A

The problem is that most of the people that go onto boards of games they hate to bash the games are actually dumb enough to think that they can change someone's mind.
#18CakeOfLiesPosted 2/28/2013 12:24:46 PM
KeryAdams posted...
I'll answer that question: people come here to express strong feelings. Those feelings don't have to be positive. If you want to talk about the game, this is the place to do it. You can want to talk about something without liking it. </obv>

Here's a reverse list - some of the sources that Skyward Sword copied from!

...to name a few.

Ahh... Kery.
I thought you left the Skyward Board to go hate other games instead.
---
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." -HK-47
#19AlexPumaPosted 3/1/2013 2:24:21 AM
I don't think Skyward Sword has been out long enough to have a copycat yet. It took a few years for Sonic to rip-off Twilight Princess with Sonic Unleashed. So when Sonic is riding a giant bird in the sky in the next game, you heard it here first.
---
http://www.gaming-unleashed.com/
"Oh I can handle any load that comes my way....." - Savott
#20CakeOfLiesPosted 3/1/2013 9:30:40 AM
AlexPuma posted...
I don't think Skyward Sword has been out long enough to have a copycat yet. It took a few years for Sonic to rip-off Twilight Princess with Sonic Unleashed. So when Sonic is riding a giant bird in the sky in the next game, you heard it here first.

What did Sonic do in Unleashed?
(why did I just ask about Sonic as if I actually care about him?)
---
http://i.imgur.com/K29ku1D.png