Better to upgrade than buy more satchels and bomb bags?

#1culture_denPosted 2/27/2013 9:30:34 AM
So there is only a limited space in the items pouch. But instead of like previous Zeldas letting you upgrade your bomb bag or deku nut satchel to carry more items, now you can buy another bag to house bombs?

How many times can you upgrade one bomb bag or seed satchel, just once? Is it possible to make them carry a large amount like 50 or 99 like the previous games?

I haven't dabbled with upgrading yet since I'm hoarding all my materials for now, saving them for the opportune moment.

Just wondering about that upgrade one bag many times thing. Once again, no spoilers please.

Also, for the item pouch selection screen is it only just 8 slots available for the entire game?
---
When life gives you melons, you make melonade.
#2The_BonesPosted 2/27/2013 10:55:09 AM
I'd say its better to just upgrade the ones you have to save item space although I don't think you really even need to do that in this game.
#3culture_den(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 11:01:01 AM
I just like having 99/max of an item. It can be for a number of reasons, that's just how I like to play. I like throwing a bunch of bombs around or saying, slingshotting at every nook and cranny to see if there's a secret there. It's nice to not have to worry about my item count.

So is it possible to upgrade more than once for one item, and how many can it fit? What's the max?
---
When life gives you melons, you make melonade.
#4The_BonesPosted 2/27/2013 11:18:51 AM
I think you can upgrade each item twice. I'm pretty sure you can't reach 99 for item you have but you might be able to do it for one or two items if you fill up your pouch with nothing but extra quivers and stuff.
#5Woods_SpiritPosted 3/2/2013 7:17:59 AM
If you went for maximum extra quivers, I think that would allow you to carry about 110 arrows, but you'd have no other items in your pouch. It is feasible to upgrade eight of everything twice, but you'll have to wait until near the end of the game and have a ton of cash to do it.