getting the sacred water makes me want to throw this game in the trash

#1KiacheMajerePosted 3/24/2013 11:55:17 PM
seriously wtfh is this s***. this is the worst Zelda game by far. a lot of it is pretty cool but a lot of it is also really really boring and lame. whats up with all the fetch quests and other boring pointless time sinks, this isn't an MMO. i play games to have fun not to do chores. i feel obligated to finish it because its a Zelda game, but if this was the exact same game but with a different name and not with Link, i would have stopped playing it long before now...
---
I like bagels
#2LLL_DeadlyPosted 3/25/2013 12:27:16 AM(edited)
I felt the same way at that point.

Sending you on those pointless fetch quests to pad game length was unnecessary, and I EXPECT better from Nintendo.
---
Predicting Sasuke Uchiha's death sometime in the next 50 chapters. ~03/19/13
#3KiacheMajere(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 1:17:00 AM
seriously i don't get it... longer game length does not equal a better game, ESPECIALLY if the length comes from boring pointless time sinks. the god of war games take 10 hours to beat and they are some truly awesome games. i don't get why they did this to zelda...
---
I like bagels
#4CatMutoPosted 3/25/2013 2:27:52 AM
They say you can get the Sacred Water on your first visit to Skyview..... I tried it a few times and it never worked. And I used the exact same waterfall... or maybe I did manage it once.

I don't get why people complain about the fetch quests in Skyward so much. It's not like this is the first Zelda game where you had to fetch stuff to proceed. Twilight Princess you have to fetch the sword and shield first before proceeding. You can't go up Death Mountain until you have gone all the back to Ordon to fetch the Iron Boots. Same with fetching the Tears of Light, fetching the Fused Shadows and Mirror Shards, that whole ordeal of fetching the Dominion Rod's re-power up and going back into that stupid Hidden Village to fetch the book.
Yeah Skyward is the first Zelda game where I had to fetch stuff to proceed with the main story.

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!
#5RageBotPosted 3/25/2013 5:35:27 AM
Don't forget that you have to get to each dungeon to fetch flot objects. In each dungeon, you have to fetch the dungeon item to beat the boss, the Master Key to even reach it, and you'd rather fetch the dungeon map and compass too, and also some keys along the way. Won't it be better to play, say, Call of Duty?
---
"My fist is the divine breath. Rise, o fallen seed, and draw upon thy hidden power! Grant upon thee the power of the glorious Mother of Destruction!"
#6KiacheMajere(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 8:14:42 AM
lolol mindless fanboys are funnay... the things you guys mentioned in the last two posts are NOTHING like the pointless boring time sinks in Skyward Sword. having to go back through a dungeon you already completed with nothing new going on in it... anyone who thinks that is good game design is seriously an idiot....
---
I like bagels
#7LLL_DeadlyPosted 3/25/2013 11:11:00 AM
CatMuto posted...
They say you can get the Sacred Water on your first visit to Skyview..... I tried it a few times and it never worked. And I used the exact same waterfall... or maybe I did manage it once.

I don't get why people complain about the fetch quests in Skyward so much. It's not like this is the first Zelda game where you had to fetch stuff to proceed. Twilight Princess you have to fetch the sword and shield first before proceeding. You can't go up Death Mountain until you have gone all the back to Ordon to fetch the Iron Boots. Same with fetching the Tears of Light, fetching the Fused Shadows and Mirror Shards, that whole ordeal of fetching the Dominion Rod's re-power up and going back into that stupid Hidden Village to fetch the book.
Yeah Skyward is the first Zelda game where I had to fetch stuff to proceed with the main story.

C-A

Why are you bringing TP into this in order to defend SS?

First of all, getting the Iron Boots, Fused Shadows & Mirror Shards weren't fetch quests, nor was the Dominion Rod quest.

Also, TP is NOWHERE near as bad as SS in the filler/padding/fetch quests/whatever you call it department. Both were unacceptable, however.
---
#8LLL_DeadlyPosted 3/25/2013 11:12:13 AM
RageBot posted...
Don't forget that you have to get to each dungeon to fetch flot objects. In each dungeon, you have to fetch the dungeon item to beat the boss, the Master Key to even reach it, and you'd rather fetch the dungeon map and compass too, and also some keys along the way. Won't it be better to play, say, Call of Duty?

You should really go and find out what a fetch quest is.
---
#9metaldiggle2Posted 3/25/2013 4:19:41 PM
CatMuto posted...

I don't get why people complain about the fetch quests in Skyward so much. It's not like this is the first Zelda game where you had to fetch stuff to proceed.

---
There are times where I wish I could delete stupid threads I see.
#10ZalborPosted 3/26/2013 4:15:56 AM
I was annoyed by some pointless quests but getting the sacred water was one I liked. I've always said that dungeons shouldn't be like "levels", in the sense that going through a dungeon once shouldn't mean you're finished with it as far as the main quest is concerned.
I'm not saying you should have to do the entire dungeon again but revisiting it in the same way that you revisit other areas such as the Lost Woods etc isn't a bad thing.
---
I used to be furious! Outraged! Sick with anger! Then I took an arrow in the knee.