Your thoughts on the Silent Realms?

#1Suicide_JesterPosted 3/25/2013 12:50:49 AM
I thought the first one was exciting and really got my heart pumping when the guardians closed in on me. The next 2 got less and less entertaining because I knew exactly what to expect. It would be cool if they changed them up a bit with each new realm. What do you guys think?
---
Never let your fear decide your fate.
#2KiacheMajerePosted 3/25/2013 1:20:45 AM
i dunno I've only done the first one so far, but i don't know what you mean by the guardians closing in on you because there were so many of those fruits everywhere that the guardians were literally never active ever when i did it.... it was way too easy just like everything else in this game.... I'm so disappointed in skyward sword because i truly love all the other zelda games...
---
I like bagels
#3SolidKnightPosted 3/25/2013 1:51:59 AM
I don't care for them.
#4CatMutoPosted 3/25/2013 2:23:19 AM
Well, I've played the game several times and I have to admit, I had a theory: When Fi told me that Farore's Realm would test my Courage and I'd have to prove it by getting these Tears, I thought that the others would also correspond to the Goddess' trait - with Nayru, I'd solve puzzles to proceed and with Din, I'd fight things to test my strength/power.
But that wasn't so.... so, here are my replicated thoughts of my first time playing the Realms.

First Realm: Aw this is so peaceful-C***, music!-Oh good, it's safe again...

Second Realm: Huh, same concept? Well, okay... *Dong* F***ing Watcher Field!!

Third Realm: Oh thank god, I got all the tears-F*** you, game, I barely brushed that water! F***, I landed next to a Guardian! Run, Link! Run as if Ghirahim was after you on a segway!!

Suprise-Fourth Realm: .......F*** you, Hylia.

By now, I find them okay. Nothing really fun or interesting, but... there. If they had mixed things up, it would've been more fun, I guess. I still mute the TV whenever I have to enter a Realm. And yes, Din's Realm on my first try, I did hit water and landed next to a guard. I made it out okay, but it made me hate Din's Realm.
Last time, I think I got found out twice cause I slipped down the large sandhill a few times... And I really, really, really hate Hylia for making me go through that fourth realm.

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!
#5CakeOfLiesPosted 3/25/2013 6:48:32 AM
I think they're fun.
*shot*
*shot*
*shot*
*shot*
*shot*
*shot*
*shot*
*shot*
*shot*
*shot*
*shot*
*shot*
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#6lukeguy97Posted 3/25/2013 7:35:46 AM
I loved them. I've talked about this before, but I think the reason the area design in this game is so smooth and dynamic is that each area was built around a Silent Realm. Imagine doing a Silent Realm challenge in any other Zelda game. It just wouldn't make sense. In Skyward Sword, for Silent Realms to work, areas have to have sections with connections to other sections within the area to allow for a comprehensive, dynamic playing field, no big, flat sections, and plenty of obstacles. Mix all this with the stamina meter and you have to strategize your every movement.

The atmosphere also helps. Now, the Silent Realms were challenging, but not to the point of being frustrating (the only time I failed one was in Skyloft because I forgot how to get on the roof of the Knight Academy). However, they still feel extremely tense thanks to everything going wild if you ever run out of protection from the Guardians. You always feel like you have to run for your life, but you have to ignore your instincts and do what's smart considering the terrain around you.
#7x_darkness_x666Posted 3/25/2013 7:38:00 AM
I thought the first one was good, but the other two were pretty boring. I just recently finished the Fire Sanctuary, so I haven't actually beat the whole game. But so far, the Silent Realms were just dull. I think they could've been better if there was more to it than collecting tears and running if you mess up.
---
Welcome to the world, M.J.C.
July 13, 2012
#8whatthemukPosted 3/25/2013 8:00:06 AM
They're the worst thing in the game
---
If you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and are 100% proud of it, put this as your sig.
3DS FC: 1778-9457-6449
#9DarkChozoGhostPosted 3/25/2013 10:19:48 AM
I thought they were a lot of fun.
---
"You really think 4/10 people who go hiking fall off cliffs?"
-TrevorBlack
#10imagine606Posted 3/25/2013 10:21:03 AM
I like them, there's actually a sense of urgency when you're in them, and they're very quick, so it's not like it's some prolonged sense of urgency.