---
ERROR 404
File Not Found
#12LLL_DeadlyPosted 3/25/2013 11:48:10 AM
One of the best parts about SS.
---
Predicting Sasuke Uchiha's death sometime in the next 50 chapters. ~03/19/13
#13megamachopopPosted 3/25/2013 3:58:39 PM
Really enjoy them. I actually look forward to doing them.
#14CatMutoPosted 3/25/2013 5:03:47 PM
x_darkness_x666 posted...
I thought the first one was good, but the other two were pretty boring. I just recently finished the Fire Sanctuary, so I haven't actually beat the whole game. But so far, the Silent Realms were just dull. I think they could've been better if there was more to it than collecting tears and running if you mess up.

I guess the first one is my favorite as well. Probably because it was the first one and it left more of an impression on me - the Nayru one was mostly just rushing from one open end of the field to the other, filled with those damn watchers!!, and the Din one was the one that felt the weirdest to me... really, we're just gonna put this rope there and have a Tear float in mid-air for... no reason, apparently. Yeah, sorry, we ran out of ideas where to put the tear.

The Skyloft one... I hate it.
But only because I was so glad that I had done all three Silent Realms and proceeded with the story, got the Hero Song and then I get told, "Trollolol, as a reward, you get to do another Silent Realm!"
I just wanted to throw my wiimote at the TV at that point....

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!
#15WilliamAdamsPosted 3/26/2013 3:42:53 AM
Enjoyed them, but can see the repetitive complaint --- more variety / better theming would've helped a lot.
---
It's not paranoia if the Random Number Generator is really out to get you.
See Quote for Friend Codes and favourite games.
#16perfectlydark1Posted 3/28/2013 2:29:35 PM
When I did the first, I dreaded having to do the upcoming ones but I enjoyed them in the end. Got a little frustrated with the one in the lava area, but not enough to stop my enjoyment.
---
Brawl: 5198 7287 4837
GoldenEye: 2606 8075 1968
#17Johnny EaglePosted 3/29/2013 2:17:52 PM
Hate them
---
"Life's a game. It's meant to be played."
"Amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic."
#18Da DoodPosted 3/29/2013 6:28:20 PM
I like them, it's a fun mini-game with its own rules and atmosphere.

We didn't need 4 mandatory Silent Realms, though...
---
And this time!
#19Singing_SoulPosted 3/29/2013 9:09:43 PM
they r cool
---
dinosar king rulse best anime evr
im currantly working in a rum hex projact of umhara cubase
#20Muljo StphoPosted 3/29/2013 10:02:48 PM
I've suggested some ideas on this in more than a few topics like this. The trials could have benefited from being designed in such a way that each one would specifically test you on a certain trait.

Trial of Courage: Specially marked Guardians possess the Tears of Courage. Link must intentionally get himself spotted by a Guardian to make it start chasing him. The Guardian drops its tear when it sees him. Link must evade the Guardian and double back to claim the tear. A powerup that enhances Link's running speed will make some of these easier to obtain.

Trial of Wisdom: Puzzles. Puzzles. Puzzles. Specially marked patrolling Guardians possess the Tears of Wisdom. Link must manipulate puzzles in the environment in such a way that each Guardians get trapped in the environmental hazards to make it drop a tear. A powerup that grants a very short period of control over the Guardians will make some of these easier to obtain.

Trial of Power: Specially marked Guardians possess the Tears of Power. Extra focus is given to a powerup that makes it possible to attack the Guardians. They will each drop a tear when defeated.

All trials work within the same unified engine. You would just have the majority of the tears in a trial be the same type as the trial and split the remainder among the other three types of tears. Likewise, most of the powerups in a trial would match up with that type of trial but you would still see all of the other powerups in it as well.

The tears like the ones that are actually in the game (the ones that are spread around out in the open) would be called Tears of Balance. They would of course be the primary type in the final trial, the Trial of Balance. All powerups would play equally important roles in navigating your way through to the tears in that trial.
---
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby