Sword wouldn't charge against (spoilers)

#1GNS1310Posted 3/27/2013 6:19:41 PM
Demise. I had it raised, flicked the WiiMote...thing wouldn't go straight up to charge. He really let me have it and I went thru 2 faeries. Didn't want to bring any with me but I'm glad I did.
I wanna do a Hero Mode and I know I have the charged strike from the beginning, I need to master charging up the damn sword!
---
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsp7dz5h2K1qzhwsa.gif
#2CatMutoPosted 3/27/2013 6:54:30 PM
The Skyward Strike doesn't work during the majority of the battle against him. Once you reach the second stage with lightning striking around, you need to lift your sword - you won't do a Skyward Strike, but lightning might and should hit your sword and charge it, similar to the Skyward Strike.

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!
#3Shiranui777Posted 3/27/2013 6:56:12 PM
doesnt work in dat battle except for lightning strikes in phase 2. You prob had it right but the game doesnt allow "charging (cuz its instant there )" till part 2
---
Shiranui777Shiranui777Shiranui777Shiranui777Shiranui777
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMIws86ZLyk why i lost faith in humanity
#4KirbyPuffballPosted 3/27/2013 10:59:35 PM
The Skyward Strike doesn't work at all, technically. Fi even says It's impossible to charge a Skyward Strike in Demise's Arena. But altogether, Demise isn't hard once you get his patterns down.

After a bit of shield bashing, and hitting him, he'll call down thunder onto the arena, and that's how you can open Demise up for attacks. TO charge the Lightning Strike, it's essentially similar to the Skyward Strike, except it's instant. Just be careful: The More you damage Demise in this part, he'll charge at you when you charge up a Lightning strike, so be prepared to backflip

And a quick note: I'm NOT sure if it's entirely true, but the first time you get the chance to use the Finishing Strike on Demise, he'll always dodge it, so don't despair. If you are quick enough, though you can usually get Demise about the 2nd time. But if you have trouble, the window of opportunity widens more as you down Demise, so with some luck, you could get some practice for Hero Mode.
---
Nothing is True....
Everything is Permitted... -The Assassin's Creed
#5Czar_YoshiPosted 3/28/2013 10:29:07 PM
KirbyPuffball posted...
And a quick note: I'm NOT sure if it's entirely true, but the first time you get the chance to use the Finishing Strike on Demise, he'll always dodge it, so don't despair. If you are quick enough, though you can usually get Demise about the 2nd time. But if you have trouble, the window of opportunity widens more as you down Demise, so with some luck, you could get some practice for Hero Mode.

Nah, I'm pretty sure you can get him with really good timing.

Go look for a Demise TAS and see what they do (as long as the TASer has even some semblance of competence).
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
#6KirbyPuffballPosted 3/28/2013 11:05:44 PM
I've been fairly quick in fighting Demise and in my experience, he usually dodges my first Finishing Move, even though I pull it a split second after I hear the sound. My second shot, though I always seem to get him, timing exactly similar.
---
Nothing is True....
Everything is Permitted... -The Assassin's Creed
#7Czar_YoshiPosted 3/28/2013 11:10:14 PM
KirbyPuffball posted...
I've been fairly quick in fighting Demise and in my experience, he usually dodges my first Finishing Move, even though I pull it a split second after I hear the sound. My second shot, though I always seem to get him, timing exactly similar.

Yeah, I think you have to ba already doing the motion when he hits the ground so it triggers on the first frame possible, and then get lucky with the RNG.
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780