C/D This is the most light-hearted modern Zelda game.

#11iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 9:59:31 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
SS was pretty light-hearted...
But like a lot of other people have said, that's not a bad thing.

If you ignore story and just go for artstyle, combat, and music, WW would top all the others though.

I think it varies from person to person. I usually don't mind a light hearted story when it is done for comedic purposes (see Mario RPGs). But when a serious story is light hearted, I find it lacks the motivation stories of darker tone have. That's not to say that all dark-stories are good, or that the darker a story is the better it is. But I find there is a threshold of darkness that good serious stories need to have.

I don't think SS hit that threshold, and in the end it turned out to be my least favorite story in the series.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#12HeroicSomaCruzPosted 4/27/2013 6:27:56 PM
Zelda...light-hearted. *Series SPOILERS*

A Link to the Past: A boy turns into a tree.
Link's Awakening: Everyone you know vanishes into a dream.
Ocarina of Time: Shadow Temple
Majora's Mask: Everything.
Oracles: Symmetry City
Wind Waker: Link plunges a sword through Ganon's skull.
Minish Cap: If you take too long, Vaati can and will kill Zelda.
Twilight Princess: Midna's Lament
Skyward Sword: Zelda falling into her deep sleep while Link watches on with agony.

The lighthearted ones are the DS ones since practically nothing ever happens in them.
---
http://tinyurl.com/ckb9ykw
http://www.gamerhandles.com/sig/Durango.jpg
#13CakeOfLiesPosted 4/27/2013 7:51:13 PM
HeroicSomaCruz posted...

Skyward Sword: Zelda falling into her deep sleep while Link watches on with agony.

The lighthearted ones are the DS ones since practically nothing ever happens in them.

In PH, Oshus dies. Not to mention the Ghost Ship taking people and teleporting them into another dimension forever.
In ST, Zelda dies at the beginning (sure, she's revived at the end, but she's a ghost for the rest of the game), and both Byrne and Cole die at the end.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Stunfisk is the epitome of monstrous majestic legendary creatures that spew fire.
#14Chaos_EchoPosted 4/27/2013 9:02:53 PM
HeroicSomaCruz posted...

ITT: Lighthearted things can't have anything dark in them at all.
---
Majora's Incarnation is what happens when game designers smoke crack.
#15TimJabPosted 5/1/2013 12:57:01 AM
I don't think you can call it all that lighthearted when you literally have to stop Satan from destroying the universe.
---
http://i.imgur.com/tkOGsUI.jpg
#16CatMutoPosted 5/1/2013 1:29:07 AM

Not creepy, scary or disturbing... I actually found it quite boring to be in there.

Worst scene I've seen in the entire Zelda series. Not heartrenching, not emotional to the player (seriously, how are we supposed to care for somebody who we know nothing about and has had a screentime total of 20 minutes at that point?) and down right boring, telling me stuff I already figured out.

C-A
---
"If sense were common, everyone would have it."
The gamer who isn't afraid of admitting to disliking the so-called Best Games of their Generation