Worth it?

#21LanLan12345Posted 5/8/2013 2:49:41 AM
SolidKnight posted...
LanLan12345 posted...
If you know what an opinion is, then you should respect mine, and I'll respect yours.

Why should I respect yours and why should I value your respect of mine?

I'll just end it with this:

Skyward Sword is my favorite. I am a true Zelda fan.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 4556-7941-1884
#22GambitAcePosted 5/8/2013 2:49:02 PM
Only thing worth complaining about is the treasure/bug glitch.
---
how do you turn this on?
#23NCPwnPosted 5/8/2013 3:50:47 PM
@CatMuto

There are main differences to the flying and the sailing. The biggest being that you don't have to flap your arms while sailing for hours. And I tried to explore, so I might have done more flying then you did.

Also, I never said Windwaker is non-linear. Its the illusion that it is, that the real genius of the game comes into play. I think there is only one part that allows you to play 2 temples in any order you want. But the rest of the game is linear, but it DOESN'T FEEL linear. The illusion that you can go anywhere but need to come back at a later time.

This is the same formula the Metroid games take. I remember in SS that each new area Opened up, predictably after each temple. In fact I knew i would have to do some sorta mini-quest (followed by a collect the tears of light section) (or what ever they were called). I don't really play in huge time periods so it could take days before i went from one temple to another. It really feels slow.

Even with all the sailing , WW still felt less tedious. And Honestly, you didn't have to sail very far. At most 2 tiles because you get a warp spell pretty early on.

I think the most important aspect is the world or universe that a zelda game brings. Having played from the first zelda my favorite worlds are ALLTP, WW, and OoT/MM. They had a wow factor, were the perfect size to remember every nook and cranny and yet still vague enough to feel fresh.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#24ZAV1010Posted 5/8/2013 11:15:20 PM
This was a great game.
---
Montages, Commentaries and Gameplays: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZAV1010
#25CatMutoPosted 5/9/2013 12:46:48 AM
The biggest being that you don't have to flap your arms while sailing for hours. And I tried to explore, so I might have done more flying then you did.

Practically all my playthroughs are 100% completion, so I spend quite some time on the bird. I merely said 2 hours, if you did nothing but the story and didn't go for majority of the Goddess Cubes, Side-Quests, etc.

Its the illusion that it is, that the real genius of the game comes into play. I think there is only one part that allows you to play 2 temples in any order you want. But the rest of the game is linear, but it DOESN'T FEEL linear. The illusion that you can go anywhere but need to come back at a later time.

You mean the Wind and Earth temple?
And while you can go back to wherever you want, once you have control of the wind, it is very tedious until about halfway through the game, when you have access to the Bow and the Teleporation song. That puts a pretty big damper on the fun and non-linearity of the game, when you go back to Windfall Island from the Forest Haven, just to get some side-quests done for some hearts and then need to sail back....

I don't really play in huge time periods so it could take days before i went from one temple to another. It really feels slow.

I think the only time the game felt slow to me was when I went through the Mining Facility and that's simply because it was a giant, boring dungeon that was designed in a way that I made a huge circle, just to reappear in the big room so I can continue with the last three rooms of the dungeon. (Earth Temple from WW had the same problem, along with the repetitive puzzles of 'Push statue here to reflect light there and more light there and push here and then use the shield to Boom! the moon turned into a sun')

I think the most important aspect is the world or universe that a zelda game brings. Having played from the first zelda my favorite worlds are ALLTP, WW, and OoT/MM. They had a wow factor, were the perfect size to remember every nook and cranny and yet still vague enough to feel fresh.

I've played a ton of Zelda games and every single one of the overworlds bored me. OoT was a decent size, but completely empty. TP had stuff to look for, but the ratio of requirement-to-payoff went down after about the fifth cave I found. LttP was the 'old' Zelda game formula of overworld filled with tons of monsters to fit, some puzzles on the side. WW I mentioned enough. Yes, SS sky is also empty, but like I said... all the overworlds were empty to me, so I was probably used to it enough that it just doesn't bother me.

C-A
---
"If sense were common, everyone would have it."
The gamer who dislikes FF VII, OoT and similar and isn't afraid to admit it
#26Zion426Posted 5/9/2013 3:10:02 AM
SolidKnight posted...
LanLan12345 posted...
SolidKnight posted...
It's not worth it. All the real Zelda fans dislike the game because it's just a glorified Wii Motion+ showcase. Further, everything you disliked in previous games all got dialed up to one-thousand.

That's just a load of bull. I'm a real Zelda fan and it's my favorite.

You're not a real Zelda fan then. Like I said, they took all the complaints of the previous games and decided to feature them all and make them worse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_scotsman

An excerpt:

A simple rendition of the fallacy would be:
Person A: "No Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge."
Person B: "I am Scottish, and I put sugar on my porridge."
Person A: "Then you are not a true Scotsman."

Replace "Scotsman" with "Zelda fan" and "puts sugar on his porridge" with "likes Skyward Sword" and you've just about committed this fallacy word for word.
---
"Paper Waluigi is pickles durr. (Descent into fanboy rage, arguments, and poor grammar)"
-GameFAQs writes Nintendo a letter, one word at a time.
#27SMASHKING84Posted 5/9/2013 4:02:09 AM
he's right thouh zelda games are about exploration and skyward sword has the worst exploration in the entire series.

what's next making a mario game were you cannot run or jump except when the game "allows" you to?
---
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/3843/hni0001c.jpg jirachi plushie http://tinyurl.com/d3d5aq9 thanks supershadow for this
#28Nova EXPosted 5/9/2013 12:03:12 PM
Ive been trying to figure out myself if this game is worth buying. Every so many months ill get interested, come on here, and find people saying negative things about this game every single time. I think im trying to convince myself that this will actually be worth it, but im starting to think it really isnt.
---
Its not about strength or power, you gotta be fluid, you have to be like water.
#29Alan_00XPosted 5/9/2013 2:20:04 PM
I've played a ton of Zelda games and every single one of the overworlds bored me.

But you haven't played the oracle games. The overworlds in those two are amazing.
#30CatMutoPosted 5/9/2013 2:29:44 PM
Alan_00X posted...
I've played a ton of Zelda games and every single one of the overworlds bored me.

But you haven't played the oracle games. The overworlds in those two are amazing.

Actually, I'm playing them right now and they are like the ones in LttP or even older ones, except with maybe a little less monsters roaming around.

C-A
---
"If sense were common, everyone would have it."
The gamer who dislikes FF VII, OoT and similar and isn't afraid to admit it